Government cash injection

Anything and everything related to Barnet FC
Roy57

Government cash injection

Three hours ago announcement saying government would be giving up to
850 clubs below national league and national league North and South a cash injection of a further 10 million pounds, but this would not be going to clubs in steps 4-5 and 6, and approx seven hours ago the national league have said they will be speaking to all the 86 clubs on the subject of the season to be scrapped, if this is the case I don't see the point of purpose of a further grant being given to clubs below step seven. Ie below national league North and South.Can imagine the first person on the phone in favor of scrapping this season will be our glorious leader Mr Kleanthous.
becbee

Re: Government cash injection

The maximum amount of loans per Ollie Bayliss is :
step 3 £27,000
step 4 £15,000
step 5 £10,500
step 6 £7,500
The funding must be used by 31st March 2021 and can only be used for certain essential reasons.

Steps 1&2 clubs will receive loans but may apply for grants if their imminent future is at risk and loans are unaffordable.
hoppy

Wrexham excluded from these Government loans because they happen to be Welsh.
Norfolkbee

My personal opinion is that the National League will grind but the NLS and NLN will end. There will still be promotion to the EFL but no relegation from the NL. Whether or not they deserve it, this would save Barnet from the drop.
jerroll

Norfolkbee wrote:My personal opinion is that the National League will grind but the NLS and NLN will end. There will still be promotion to the EFL but no relegation from the NL. Whether or not they deserve it, this would save Barnet from the drop.
i tend to agree with you, the fear of losing the Football League promotion places will keep step 1 season going but there are plenty of step 2 clubs wanting to end it.
pgbee

jerroll wrote:
Norfolkbee wrote:My personal opinion is that the National League will grind but the NLS and NLN will end. There will still be promotion to the EFL but no relegation from the NL. Whether or not they deserve it, this would save Barnet from the drop.
i tend to agree with you, the fear of losing the Football League promotion places will keep step 1 season going but there are plenty of step 2 clubs wanting to end it.
I'd agree and let's face it FGR dodged relegation by various means for several seasons and look where they are.
hoppy

jerroll wrote:
The inevitable outcome of no relegation to NLN/NLNS is that those NL Clubs without a realistic chance of promotion to the EFL will offload as many players as they can in order to save costs. Loan players will be returned to their parent clubs and not replaced and those on short term contracts will also be shown the door.
Matches and results will be meaningless to clubs outside the play off positions and the NL will become something of a joke.
Barnet FC, obviously, would be one of those clubs taking this stance, and, to be truthful, why not?
Norfolk & Chance

I'm not so sure.
I've got a feeling NLS and NLN might just vote to keep playing.
alanweufc

Norfolk & Chance wrote:I'm not so sure.
As an Ebbsfleet fan I naturally hope the NLS does continue. There have certainly been a few club chairman saying it would be criminal to stop now given the grants that were received previously. The NLN had far more clubs sign the recent statement, though, so they are more likely to stop the season. If there is a split between NLS and NLN, it may be possible that only 1 club will be relegated from N L which could help Barnet.

Sent from my E10 using Tapatalk
becbee

alanweufc wrote:
Norfolk & Chance wrote:I'm not so sure.
As an Ebbsfleet fan I naturally hope the NLS does continue. There have certainly been a few club chairman saying it would be criminal to stop now given the grants that were received previously. The NLN had far more clubs sign the recent statement, though, so they are more likely to stop the season. If there is a split between NLS and NLN, it may be possible that only 1 club will be relegated from N L which could help Barnet.

Sent from my E10 using Tapatalk
I don't see them treating NLS and NLN differently but even if they did, there would still be no reason not to relegate the bottom two. And even if only one club were relegated, we'd likely still go down.
Spanker Ridley

hoppy wrote:
jerroll wrote:
The inevitable outcome of no relegation to NLN/NLNS is that those NL Clubs without a realistic chance of promotion to the EFL will offload as many players as they can in order to save costs. Loan players will be returned to their parent clubs and not replaced and those on short term contracts will also be shown the door.
Matches and results will be meaningless to clubs outside the play off positions and the NL will become something of a joke.
Barnet FC, obviously, would be one of those clubs taking this stance, and, to be truthful, why not?
With promotion but no relegation the league would lose its integrity, so in truth that is why not.
becbee

Spanker Ridley wrote: With promotion but no relegation the league would lose its integrity, so in truth that is why not.
Happened last season with NLS & NLN.
Spanker Ridley

But does not make it right.
becbee

Chesterfield have put some players on furlough - players who are not "in the manager's plans" because he signed new players. So effectively the furlough scheme is being used to pay for Chesterfield to have a better squad.
Chesterfield say that other NL clubs are doing this. Whilst it sounds somewhat immoral to me, it's legal. Maybe it's something we should do so that we can improve our squad / reduce the wage bill? Could we furlough our two long term injured players?
John Hunt

Furlough on full pay?

Are they supplementing the amount the government pays to bring it up to 100 percent or are they using the term furlough incorrectly?

It strikes me as being a flagrant misuse of the rules being just because the players are not in the manager’s plans. Certainly immoral.

I would be very disappointed if we went down that route.
FCBFCSA Manager / Former committee member of BFCSA and BFCSA1926