It's Paul Fairclough

Anything and everything related to Barnet FC
hoppy

Re: It's Paul Fairclough

northantsbee wrote:We might see a return of some of the players that had been frozen out by Flowers
Wasn't PF instrumental in the signing of Alfie Pavey (first time around)?
hoofer2

northantsbee wrote:We might see a return of some of the players that had been frozen out by Flowers
I think he would be good for EMC. I hope some of the younger players get a chance. What a shame Flowers blundered by getting in 9 defenders. Fairclough has a good track record in finding decent players.
ETBee

I'm sure PF will be glad to get out of the house and do what he enjoys but with no real pressure and a chance to experiment a bit. Lets hope that the players respond positively.
Mikel Bee

Glad to have him back. Even if just for a bit of short term stability and some nostalgia.
iBee

hoppy wrote:
Wasn't PF instrumental in the signing of Alfie Pavey (first time around)?

No, that was 100% MA own work!
markobee

Will two to three matches be sufficient for PF to inject some tempo into our warriors?
ninestein

If anything, Paul will be a calming influence on the dressing room. He doesn't throw teacups around. He will encourage people to think for themselves and take responsibility.

He will probably allow a bit more freedom for the players to go out, put their foot on the ball and express themselves.

TF has brought players in to play his way, but it will be interesting to see if some of them could potentially adapt to a more posession-based approach, assuming that's the route we want to go down. We all know the way PF likes to play. This will be where we need Dunne and Wordsworth to step up and find space in midfield. Paul will want them to receive the ball and dictate the game.

Paul is doing us a massive favour here, and he's not the long term solution. I just hope that in his short time he can instil a little bit of self belief back into the side, and give the new manager something to work with. He deserves our utmost support in the coming weeks. Hopefully the players will respond to him.
Barnet showing all the flair of Rupert-the-Bears trousers, but lots more style!
Sam_BFC

I look forward to thoughtful Fairclough providing some interesting insight in his first interview.
Norfolkbee wrote: What would I really like to see? In an ideal world I'd want TK and DC to park their egos, the latter given a decent wage and budget to finish the jobs he always wanted to do.
My concern there would be that there is nothing left for Currie to finish.

Starting from scratch in these circumstances must be far less appealing than picking up from the the solid if underwhelming legacy left by John Still .
Norfolkbee

Sam_BFC wrote:I look forward to thoughtful Fairclough providing some interesting insight in his first interview.
Norfolkbee wrote: What would I really like to see? In an ideal world I'd want TK and DC to park their egos, the latter given a decent wage and budget to finish the jobs he always wanted to do.
My concern there would be that there is nothing left for Currie to finish.

Starting from scratch in these circumstances must be far less appealing than picking up from the the solid if underwhelming legacy left by John Still .
As I said, a return for DC is wishful thinking. He probably wouldn't touch the job with a 10ft barge pole for a a whole host of reasons. What is certain is that whoever takes up the challenge will have to practically start from scratch and will need a hefty budget to achieve a season of mid-table obscurity let alone chasing promotion.
Another interesting point is how the Financial Fair Play rules will operate for clubs after a season of no crowds and very little off-field activity apart from match streaming and the occasional online purchase.
Bee_Forever

ninestein wrote:If anything, Paul will be a calming influence on the dressing room. He doesn't throw teacups around. He will encourage people to think for themselves and take responsibility.

He will probably allow a bit more freedom for the players to go out, put their foot on the ball and express themselves.

TF has brought players in to play his way, but it will be interesting to see if some of them could potentially adapt to a more posession-based approach, assuming that's the route we want to go down. We all know the way PF likes to play. This will be where we need Dunne and Wordsworth to step up and find space in midfield. Paul will want them to receive the ball and dictate the game.

Paul is doing us a massive favour here, and he's not the long term solution. I just hope that in his short time he can instil a little bit of self belief back into the side, and give the new manager something to work with. He deserves our utmost support in the coming weeks. Hopefully the players will respond to him.
Pretty much this. After the way this season has gone having PF take charge is quite reassuring.

He understands this club and what it means to supporters.

Welcome back Paul.

Sent from my SM-G986B using Tapatalk
LeftSideRun

Welcome back, Paul!

Can he get Mauro back in now?!
jerroll

Without being disrespectful, Paul has managed 1 club match since March 2011! he makes sense as a short term 'minder'. I am sure most have serious doses of rose tinted specticles but beyond the summer of 2005 bar some good cup runs he was never able to recapture that magic mainly due to going very negative in his tactics. Hopefully he can do what he did once he took over from Stimson in 2011 and at least make us hard to beat.
BEEGONE

Is PF still England manager?
Tuesds

Nice to see Fairclough out on the training pitch in these pics. Who’s the guy on the far right in the second picture? I must be going mad, because I don’t recognise him as a member of our squad at all (I know it’s easy to lose track this season, but still...)

[tweet]https://twitter.com/barnetfc/status/137 ... 28736?s=21[/tweet]

EDIT: following that failure to embed, here’s the link... https://twitter.com/barnetfc/status/137 ... 28736?s=21
MCB

You can't post tweets from mobiles for some reason -
I just assumed it was Binnon-Williams, but being honest I could only confirm Vasilou, H Taylor and Wordsworth with any degree of confidence.

Wondering who PF may have worked with before? Josh Walker & Alfie Pavey on England C duty?