It's Paul Fairclough

Anything and everything related to Barnet FC
LeftSideRun

Re: It's Paul Fairclough

Gutted. Not looking forward to the return game at the Hive.
Tuesds

Whoever that guy is (it’s not Richard Taylor, who has a different haircut and can be seen in other photos on the club’s Facebook page today), he’s been cropped out of the photo on Facebook... possibly someone training with us while their NL South club is out of action? I’ll stop going on about it now, promise.
hoofer2

Big Bondz NGala wrote:It’s Richard Taylor.
Will he park the bus?
1860x1050-Richard-Taylor-Travel-2018-newsintro.jpg
1860x1050-Richard-Taylor-Travel-2018-newsintro.jpg (83.09 KiB) Viewed 2001 times
Roy57

becbee wrote:
Roy57 wrote:
Sam_BFC wrote:I look forward to thoughtful Fairclough providing some interesting insight in his first interview.
Norfolkbee wrote: What would I really like to see? In an ideal world I'd want TK and DC to park their egos, the latter given a decent wage and budget to finish the jobs he always wanted to do.
My concern there would be that there is nothing left for Currie to finish.

Starting from scratch in these circumstances must be far less appealing than picking up from the the solid if underwhelming legacy left by John Still .
Apparently DC has five players lined up to join the club who importantly wanted to join him and play his style of football. So don't think the idea of rebuilding daunted DC in anyway.He was up for it.
Having players "lined up" is no guarantee they've have actually signed, or that they'd have been good additions. That's not me criticising, just saying that we shouldn't assume that it would have worked out.
Totally agree. My post was reply from sam_bfc saying he felt the idea of DC rebuilding from scratch was less appealing, but understood he was well up for the challengd. If the players rumoured he had in mind were any good or would if signed is immaterial as he was never given the opportunity.
Norfolkbee

becbee wrote:
Roy57 wrote:
Sam_BFC wrote:I look forward to thoughtful Fairclough providing some interesting insight in his first interview.
Norfolkbee wrote: What would I really like to see? In an ideal world I'd want TK and DC to park their egos, the latter given a decent wage and budget to finish the jobs he always wanted to do.
My concern there would be that there is nothing left for Currie to finish.

Starting from scratch in these circumstances must be far less appealing than picking up from the the solid if underwhelming legacy left by John Still .
Apparently DC has five players lined up to join the club who importantly wanted to join him and play his style of football. So don't think the idea of rebuilding daunted DC in anyway.He was up for it.
Having players "lined up" is no guarantee they've have actually signed, or that they'd have been good additions. That's not me criticising, just saying that we shouldn't assume that it would have worked out.
You mean just like the ones PB and TF signed?
kingpinfid

Doesn’t matter who we appoint, the players will still be useless!
becbee

kingpinfid wrote:Doesn’t matter who we appoint, the players will still be useless!
They didn't look useless today!
hoofer2

He looked genuinely pleased to be on a touchline again...I'd be happy for him to stick around until at least end of the season
Tuesds

Tuesds wrote:Whoever that guy is (it’s not Richard Taylor, who has a different haircut and can be seen in other photos on the club’s Facebook page today), he’s been cropped out of the photo on Facebook... possibly someone training with us while their NL South club is out of action? I’ll stop going on about it now, promise.
I know it’s a terrible thing to break a promise, but the mystery player is there again, on the latest video from training posted by the club. He’s in between Baker-Richardson and Petrasso: https://twitter.com/barnetfc/status/137 ... 36067?s=21
Patel89

Tomi adeloye haircut? or richard taylor?
Tuesds

No - they’re both there as well, plus this guy is around 6ft 3” (taller than Baker-Richardson, but not as tall as Faal or Daly.)
ETBee

The clip shows that some players don't know their left from their right which might explain a few things!
ninestein

To be fair, I could never get the hang of doing the Macarena...
Barnet showing all the flair of Rupert-the-Bears trousers, but lots more style!
Ajtheone04

The mystery man had shorts on with a number starting with 5 but Ive seen the players done always wear training it corresponding to their squad no. - maybe one of the youth team players or indeed a mystery man/trialist/signing
Was just thinking from the height maybe its JBW but im not sure if hes already there
Tuesds

Ajtheone04 wrote:The mystery man had shorts on with a number starting with 5 but Ive seen the players done always wear training it corresponding to their squad no. - maybe one of the youth team players or indeed a mystery man/trialist/signing
Was just thinking from the height maybe its JBW but im not sure if hes already there
JBW is towards the back, between McBurnie and Adeloye.