Super league

Anything and everything related to Barnet FC
BeesKnees99

Super league

Disappointed to see we are not founding members of the new super league. Thought TK would be on that like a rat up a drainpipe. Just another nail in the coffin for BFC.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
MCB

Re: Super league

I've seen a lot of bad takes on the super league, and that's possibly the worst, and definitely the pettiest, well done!

This is an opportunity, not a nail in the coffin. Still trying to find a Spurs or Arsenal fan that back it, many will turn their backs on the clubs.
Last edited by MCB on 19 Apr 2021, 07:31, edited 1 time in total.
Tuesds

Saw the headlines in the media and presumed it was finally a recognition of what has been obvious for a long time: domestic football simply cannot contain the behemoth that is Bristol Rovers
Bee_Forever

Tuesds wrote:Saw the headlines in the media and presumed it was finally a recognition of what has been obvious for a long time: domestic football simply cannot contain the behemoth that is Bristol Rovers
Reports suggest the gas regularly see crowds of 100k at the Burnerbau so makes sense.

Sent from my SM-G986B using Tapatalk
jerroll

Total anticlimax, i was hoping it was going to be a primary league not a midweek jolly and those 6 clubs were leaving the Prem! once it starts they will be bleating about too many games and begging that the prem be reduced to 16 or 18 clubs which will then have a knock on effect down the leagues making it worse for clubs at our level! plus that will mean 18 midweeks that will affect midweek gates!
hoppy

MCB wrote:I've seen a lot of bad takes on the super league, and that's possibly the worst, and definitely the prettiest, well done!

This is an opportunity, not a nail in the coffin. Still trying to find a Spurs or Arsenal fan that back it, many will turn their backs on the clubs.
Agree with you MCB.
So many fans of the "big six" seem appalled at this ESL taking place and a lot of them will turn their backs on the club's they have supported all their lives. My son has been an Arsenal fan all of his life. Not any more.
This is a great opportunity for clubs like Barnet to woo these disaffected fans. They still love football and domestic football will still continue, so, TK, be creative and reach out to those Arsenal, Spurs and Chelsea fans. They are potential Bees.
Beesting

Just hope these fans of the 'elite six' boycott their season tickets and allegiances and go and support their local clubs who will need it more than ever. Truly hope the premier league, UEFA and FIFA really send out a statement of intent and do something drastic to deter these criminals.
Nudger70

I know a few season ticket holders at the breakaway six clubs. They were all talking of handing in their tickets pre pandemic for numerous reasons. They’ve now all had a year of sitting at home reflecting now this. Can see the big clubs getting a real wake up call on season ticket renewals especially amongst the over 50s. Would imagine they will still want a fix of live football at 3pm on a Saturday and hopefully support their local club. Unfortunately Barnet’s one off ticket price has never been that attractive might need looking at.
Joss

There has also been talk of a parallel, "European Super Non-League", which is more relevant to Barnet:

https://www.thedailymash.co.uk/sport/sp ... 1618817936

Although Barnet's name has not been linked to the move, whilst Borehamwood's has. I blame TK! Well, someone else was going to blame him, so I thought I may as well get in there first.
genevabee

I too see a great opportunity for the Bees, maybe starting with some self-deprecating advertising across North London. We're not very good and have no European ambitions, but the stadium is very smart and our tickets are cheap.
MCB

Joss wrote:There has also been talk of a parallel, "European Super Non-League", which is more relevant to Barnet:

https://www.thedailymash.co.uk/sport/sp ... 1618817936

Although Barnet's name has not been linked to the move, whilst Borehamwood's has. I blame TK! Well, someone else was going to blame him, so I thought I may as well get in there first.
Well, we've won 3 trophies since Spurs last won one, so I assume that being successful (or the most successful non-league team of all time) is not a prerequisite of being a member of a Super League? :roll:
beew

Nudger70 wrote:I know a few season ticket holders at the breakaway six clubs. They were all talking of handing in their tickets pre pandemic for numerous reasons. They’ve now all had a year of sitting at home reflecting now this. Can see the big clubs getting a real wake up call on season ticket renewals especially amongst the over 50s. Would imagine they will still want a fix of live football at 3pm on a Saturday and hopefully support their local club. Unfortunately Barnet’s one off ticket price has never been that attractive might need looking at.
Very few long-standing followers of the big 6 still go to games. Many have been priced out from the eye watering sums being asked for tickets and some haved moved away from London adding to the cost.

The new elite level football fans are supporters, who use the tickets to entertain clients, with the bill being picked up through, their businesses. These clubs look upon gate receipts as a tiny fraction, of their revenue stream, and the real money is to be made from tapping into the billions of worldwide social media support on their platforms. The real ambition for them is to be in control of their own TV rights, which would dwarf any current income they're recieving. The proposed ESL is just a threat to UEFA and Premier League, letting them know, that they want a bigger slice of the pie.

Real football is below the premiership, but is currently in more danger, from itself, than worrying about what the big 6 are plotting. Far to many clubs are in serious debt, trying to climb to the top. This can't carry on and something needs to happen, to reform, the rules regarding, the expenditure and budgets spent on players. I heard this morning that Colchester are £30 million in debt, which I find mind-blowing, and Bolton are £150 million in debt. This can't continue to happen, or we'll seen many casualties in the coming years.
StephenM

beew wrote: Very few long-standing followers of the big 6 still go to games. Many have been priced out from the eye watering sums being asked for tickets and some haved moved away from London adding to the cost.

The new elite level football fans are supporters, who use the tickets to entertain clients.
Many have been priced out for sure, certainly for season tickets, but to say very few long standing supporters still go or that those who do go use it as a way to entertain clients is totally incorrect. Yes, there are companies who have executive boxes for that kind of thing but I can assure you the vast majority of the crowd is still your regular fan, despite the costs involved.
Nudger70

beew wrote:
Nudger70 wrote:I know a few season ticket holders at the breakaway six clubs. They were all talking of handing in their tickets pre pandemic for numerous reasons. They’ve now all had a year of sitting at home reflecting now this. Can see the big clubs getting a real wake up call on season ticket renewals especially amongst the over 50s. Would imagine they will still want a fix of live football at 3pm on a Saturday and hopefully support their local club. Unfortunately Barnet’s one off ticket price has never been that attractive might need looking at.
Very few long-standing followers of the big 6 still go to games. Many have been priced out from the eye watering sums being asked for tickets and some haved moved away from London adding to the cost.

The new elite level football fans are supporters, who use the tickets to entertain clients, with the bill being picked up through, their businesses. These clubs look upon gate receipts as a tiny fraction, of their revenue stream, and the real money is to be made from tapping into the billions of worldwide social media support on their platforms. The real ambition for them is to be in control of their own TV rights, which would dwarf any current income they're recieving. The proposed ESL is just a threat to UEFA and Premier League, letting them know, that they want a bigger slice of the pie.

Real football is below the premiership, but is currently in more danger, from itself, than worrying about what the big 6 are plotting. Far to many clubs are in serious debt, trying to climb to the top. This can't carry on and something needs to happen, to reform, the rules regarding, the expenditure and budgets spent on players. I heard this morning that Colchester are £30 million in debt, which I find mind-blowing, and Bolton are £150 million in debt. This can't continue to happen, or we'll seen many casualties in the coming years.
The average age of a premier league football fan is 41 . So the long standing fan is still prevalent on match day whether their needed or not is a different matter.
Norfolkbee

Wouldn't be surprised if a Tottenham or Arsenal phoenix club ended up playing at THL in years to come.