Dagenham and Ex-bees (Hive) The Still Out Injured Thread

Anything and everything related to Barnet FC
Beesting

Re: Dagenham and Ex-bees (Hive) The Still Out Injured Thread

Agreed. My support is hanging by a thread, not sure what’s keeping me caring anymore.

I used to go with my dad and brother, both of them now don’t bother. My dad had been following the bees home and away since about 1987.
#Beebot

Mikel Bee wrote:We sounded dire. This is going to be another long, hard season isn't it?
At least last season we had the excuse that little money was sent. Kewell doesn't seem to know how to set up tactically.
finchleyman

Was the matchday experience any better? Was there beer in the bar. Was there food in the cafes? Is parking in the street now restricted so that we are stuck paying £8 for the car park? They've moved the barriers so does it now take ages to get out of the car park? Is the TV screen working in the ground?

I am in two minds about going to the next home game which will be my first of the season. Someone give me something to cheer about!
foxy

Sod the match day experience its about what's on the pitch... and no... Bank Holiday parking is the same as a Sunday so you could park in the street no bother!

Go for your prematch meal and drink in Cannons Cafe and Moranos.... Simples
Norfolk & Chance

foxy wrote:Sod the match day experience its about what's on the pitch... and no... Bank Holiday parking is the same as a Sunday so you could park in the street no bother!

Go for your prematch meal and drink in Cannons Cafe and Moranos.... Simples

"Sod the matchday experience, it's about what's on the pitch"

Lmfao !!
What was the fucking point in moving to the Hive then ?!
Ajtheone04

So so poor, had nothing going forward and gifted them their two goals, the worst bit is that -other than wes- all of the "creative players" were there.

Daggers are meant to be one of the big spenders though so I reckon if we can find a way of scoring a few goals we can finish 17th/18th.

On the bright side I thought jordan thomas looked a good young prospect.
barnetboy1

We have been so consistently poor, for so long now, I can't remember the last time I left The Hive thinking "We played well today, great result".
What was on show today, and against County, gives me no optimism that this scenario is about to change any time soon.
Again.
COYBeeees!!
barnetboy1

Ajtheone04 wrote:So so poor, had nothing going forward and gifted them their two goals, the worst bit is that -other than wes- all of the "creative players" were there.

Daggers are meant to be one of the big spenders though so I reckon if we can find a way of scoring a few goals we can finish 17th/18th.

On the bright side I thought jordan thomas looked a good young prospect.
Agree about Thomas, a bright spark, we subbed him.
john dockers shorts

I did say afters notts. I'd reserve judgement after 6 games.

Annoyingly up until they scored they had barely had a sniff...then to gift them both goals.

Their keeper made a great point blank save at 0-0.

Daggers best player was Brundle. Brundle and Payne look exhausted in the warm up.

Putting aside the soft goals we just didn't get behind them and create any clear chances in second half.

I'm just hoping that we will play a team with as blunt attack as us soon.
peterstebbings

Today was abysmal. I’m struggling to find any positives.

As per Solihull - when we were also poor - we couldn’t defend and we produced almost nothing going forward.

Inexplicably, Kewell took off one of our best attacking outlets in Thomas and stuck poor Harry T at right-back.

We are now getting a good idea of what these new signings are like. First conclusion that springs to mind: Doherty looks poor, a full-back who neither is an attacking threat nor a solid defender.

On current evidence, we are in a relegation battle.
rudebwoyben

barnetboy1 wrote:We have been so consistently poor, for so long now, I can't remember the last time I left The Hive thinking "We played well today, great result".
What was on show today, and against County, gives me no optimism that this scenario is about to change any time soon.
Again.
COYBeeees!!
I dunno, the last 2 home matches of last season. What happened to the manager who masterminded that and the central
midfielder he brought in?…
Modernist

A new set of players and the losing mentality overwhelming this club continues.

For 10 or 15 minutes we looked ok, but after the first goal any spirit there was vanished. Even worse after the 2nd and I thought we could go in at H-T 3 or 4 down.

Obviously with the lack of defensive cover it was going to be difficult against one of the best forwards in the league, but we offered so little elsewhere. There is no width in this team and so little goal threat.

Bloomfield does not seem to possess any of the attributes required. He doesn't win headers, his close control is poor and he doesn't seem to be able to cause defenders any problems at all. Flannagan and Tasedimir I like but they are very similar want to play centrally adding to the lack of any width.

I think Powell will be injury prone.

The two Josh's are the worst for me. Payne is so slow and and uninspiring. Brundle is a bang average National League player and if that's what we have then the most we can hope for is a bang average team. Doherty is poor and we can only hope Beard is not out long term.

In short we need the defence back. We have a little creativity but I cannot see regular goals from anywhere in this team.

Dispiriting afternoon.
barnetboy1

rudebwoyben wrote:
barnetboy1 wrote:We have been so consistently poor, for so long now, I can't remember the last time I left The Hive thinking "We played well today, great result".
Again.
COYBeeees!!
I dunno, the last 2 home matches of last season. What happened to the manager who masterminded that and the central
midfielder he brought in?…
Point taken, it's the bad outweighing the good so dramatically that's getting to me, and I have the memory of a hamster.
jzsbee

First game of the season for me, it looked like a replay of most of last season's games with the same inevitable feeling that we weren't going to get anything from it.

Created a couple of decent chances which their keeper did well to save. The keeper really should have done better in the build-up to the first goal and the second was down to woeful defending; predictable that McCullum and Walker would score! After that we offered nothing, with no-one able to get on the end of anything in the box, no real leadership on the pitch.

With the ex-Bees all having a good game it does what make you think what could have been. Worryingly, none of our new signings stood out for the right reason; it could be a very long and dismal season.
Golf Delta

Where is Adam Marriott? Is he injured? If so, for how long?
When you're arguing with an idiot, make sure the other person isn't doing the same.