Injuries

Anything and everything related to Barnet FC
adher36

Re: Injuries

peterstebbings wrote:Spoke to Greenidge after the Daggers match and he said that he was a week away, so expect he’ll be back any time.

No idea what he’s like as a player, but seemed like a very nice guy.
Rubbish Rossi Eames was also a very nice guy, so throw caution to the wind.
Ajtheone04

peterstebbings wrote:Spoke to Greenidge after the Daggers match and he said that he was a week away, so expect he’ll be back any time.

Whilst he said he was a week away, did he not only play 45 mins (+maybe the harrow cup final?) in preseason? I'd not expect major things from him if he instantly came back in the team as he won't have the match sharpness.
beew

adher36 wrote:

A bit of a strange comment. Unless I'm missing something.
LoudmouthBFC

beew wrote:
adher36 wrote:

A bit of a strange comment. Unless I'm missing something.

You're not missing anything, he was just shit.
Anthony

Sporting Barnet wrote:So you would prefer to go and watch 'your' team without have a clue who is in the match day squad never mind starting XI and pay £22....now that is an interesting way to follow a side!

Sent from my SM-G973F using Tapatalk
Well. I, like thousands of other people across the country own a season ticket. So yes, we are paying despite not knowing what players are on the pitch. To me it is of no consequence. In fact, I quite like seeing a surprise on the team sheet. You turn up on the day and hope for the best, regardless of the side. That’s how following football works.
Norfolk & Chance

That's how football works at Barnet FC.
Norfolkbee

Sadly, pre or early season injuries do seem to be a ritual at Barnet - even in the good years.
Norfolk & Chance

Norfolkbee wrote:Sadly, pre or early season injuries do seem to be a ritual at Barnet - even in the good years.
Good years?
Now then, you're going back a bit there fella!
Norfolkbee

Norfolk & Chance wrote:
Norfolkbee wrote:Sadly, pre or early season injuries do seem to be a ritual at Barnet - even in the good years.
Good years?
I can remember Liam Hatch getting quite badly injured trying to take out an Arsenal player (Keown?) in a PSF. We didn't go on to have a bad season, but, as you say, it was a L-O-N-G time ago.
becbee

Norfolkbee wrote:
Norfolk & Chance wrote:
Good years?
I can remember Liam Hatch getting quite badly injured trying to take out an Arsenal player (Keown?) in a PSF. We didn't go on to have a bad season, but, as you say, it was a L-O-N-G time ago.
Definitely the good years when Liam Hatch played for us.
simmosenior

Funny how perceptions change. Look at the abuse Hatch used to get for his failure to score goals. His status as a cult hero only came towards the end when he suddenly started scoring and got a big money move to Peterborough.
becbee

simmosenior wrote:Funny how perceptions change. Look at the abuse Hatch used to get for his failure to score goals. His status as a cult hero only came towards the end when he suddenly started scoring and got a big money move to Peterborough.
Yes, but he was the ultimate trier. I remember him falling over his feet, I remember him bursting the ball whilst it was in play. He was a character and we don't seem to have had many of those recently.
Norfolk & Chance

becbee wrote:
simmosenior wrote:Funny how perceptions change. Look at the abuse Hatch used to get for his failure to score goals. His status as a cult hero only came towards the end when he suddenly started scoring and got a big money move to Peterborough.
Yes, but he was the ultimate trier. I remember him falling over his feet, I remember him bursting the ball whilst it was in play. He was a character and we don't seem to have had many of those recently.
He was just wonderful to have in the team.
His crowning glory, imo, the winning goal at Rushden right in front of 10,000 bees fans. (Well it sounded like it).
I screamed myself hoarse that afternoon.
Edit-not the winning goal but it's the goal I remember from that day.
letchbee94

Always loved Hatchy, always put 100% in every game.
A key play in 2005 title winning season.
BeesKnees

He always made me laugh, it was like having a newborn giraffe on the pitch.