Coaches to Rochdale and Kidderminster

Anything and everything related to Barnet FC
jerroll

Re: Coaches to Rochdale and Kidderminster

Roy57 wrote: 06 Sep 2023, 21:44 Curious those who are thinking of attending either or both of these games but don't want to use coaches how do you plan on travelling ?
Train - had already booked it before coach was announced!
pletch99

I hope I'll be at both games, but I'll be driving - I live to far from Barnet to make coming to Barnet to catch the coach to these games a sensible thing to do. I'm really sorry the coaches aren't being supported though.

The only circumstances where I might consider using a coach is places like Gateshead or Hartlepool where I more or less go past the Hive/Barnet on route, but equally these are games where my family might decide I've got something else I need to do (I very rarely choose to miss games)
11bee717

The coach isn’t running, but the club have just promoted it now, just a heads up it needs taking down
wearebees

11bee717 wrote: 11 Sep 2023, 09:46 The coach isn’t running, but the club have just promoted it now, just a heads up it needs taking down
Better late than never....or not in this case!

They could start promoting the Kidderminster one now??
OB1
Location: Formerly Block C Underhill - Now block E East stand The Hive

Well done to those who tried to organise the coaches. It’s not your fault that there weren’t enough people to make it viable.
Prediction League Champion 2019/2020
11bee717

Hoping the Kiddy one will have more success
hoofer2

Good effort go try and put on coaches.

I have pushed my luck already with a season ticket - so Saturday away games are a no no for me...
CrawleyBee

11bee717 wrote: 11 Sep 2023, 09:46 The coach isn’t running, but the club have just promoted it now, just a heads up it needs taking down
Real shame, why didn’t they promote it early. This has shown little demand for coaches apart from the one of big games.
Formerly Watfordbee
Roy57

Such a shame coaches has not shown any intrest, remember the times when we use to stop somewhere and the fun we had on these trips, with the cost of train fares, the cost of fuel now don't see how those that what to attend games don't seem to want or consider coach travel, with fuel now £6-84 per gallon, plus ware and tear on your car. Not sure if supporters association will try again for future games of if this has crushed there will to try.
amberforever

Appreciate all the committees efforts in trying to get
this off the ground.
Not sure if this has been mentioned;
Would it be possible for our matches that set off northward, M1 to have a pick up/drop off point near Watford or Luton junctions. ?
It would attract many of our fans that live just north of M25 /Home Counties? ie ex Barnet pats.
With the ULEZ charge to consider as well, this might have put many off?
BeeDeceived

Does the Percy Pus still run when the BFCSA tries a coach? Those 15 or so would surely help tip the numbers above what’s needed for a coach?
jerroll

BeeDeceived wrote: 12 Sep 2023, 11:43 Does the Percy Pus still run when the BFCSA tries a coach? Those 15 or so would surely help tip the numbers above what’s needed for a coach?
yes it does but most of those who use it don't fancy the door to door service stopping at a motorway services station!plus the van didn't cost nothing to buy so needs to generate income!
becbee

amberforever wrote: 12 Sep 2023, 07:32 Appreciate all the committees efforts in trying to get
this off the ground.
Would it be possible for our matches that set off northward, M1 to have a pick up/drop off point near Watford or Luton junctions. ?
It would attract many of our fans that live just north of M25 /Home Counties? ie ex Barnet pats.
I thought one objection was having 2 stops - Barnet and The Hive. A 3rd stop could suit those living around Watford or Luton but would just increase journey time for everybody else.

Journey time to Kidderminster - 2 hrs 27 mins direct from The Hive, 2 hrs 31 mins direct from Barnet Everyman.
Factor in 2 diversions en route and stoppage time at pick up points, it seems likely you'd be adding, say an hour to the journey time. And you'd probably still get fans who didn't like where the 3rd pick up point was.

Maybe OK for those who otherwise wouldn't be able to get to the match but pretty much last option for those with alternative methods of transport.
amberforever

becbee wrote: 12 Sep 2023, 12:59
amberforever wrote: 12 Sep 2023, 07:32 Appreciate all the committees efforts in trying to get
this off the ground.
I thought one objection was having 2 stops - Barnet and The Hive. A 3rd stop could suit those living around Watford or Luton but would just increase journey time for everybody else.

Journey time to Kidderminster - 2 hrs 27 mins direct from The Hive, 2 hrs 31 mins direct from Barnet Everyman.
Factor in 2 diversions en route and stoppage time at pick up points, it seems likely you'd be adding, say an hour to the journey time. And you'd probably still get fans who didn't like where the 3rd pick up point was.

Maybe OK for those who otherwise wouldn't be able to get to the match but pretty much last option for those with alternative methods of transport.
I’m not sure it would be that much Bec. Junc 5 is literally off, round a roundabout and back on!
Quite a few home county supporters myself included would have taken that option.
thebeekeeper

jerroll wrote: 12 Sep 2023, 12:40
BeeDeceived wrote: 12 Sep 2023, 11:43 Does the Percy Pus still run when the BFCSA tries a coach? Those 15 or so would surely help tip the numbers above what’s needed for a coach?
yes it does but most of those who use it don't fancy the door to door service stopping at a motorway services station!plus the van didn't cost nothing to buy so needs to generate income!
Unfortunately I think this may be the thing that makes SA coaches infeasible going forward, unless it's a major fixture (like Gateshead last season). The lack of a coach for so long has understandably changed people's travel habits, so there surely aren't enough coach-travelling fans to have two services running in parallel.