Chesterfield (A) The Chester Way I'm Fielding Match Thread

Anything and everything related to Barnet FC
BeesKnees99

Chesterfield (A) The Chester Way I'm Fielding Match Thread

OK. To call that a Jekyll and Hyde performance would be… an understatement. Play like that first half all game and we will comfortably beat any side.

Second half? There are no words. I knew they are a ‘second half team’ but my God they were absolutely there for the taking. The goals we conceded were criminal. Career-worst performances from some of our players second half.

Brennan clearly panicked. Revan off for Hooper? Bizarre. Gorman was clearly needed to help regain control of the midfield. They cut through us like a hot knife through butter. Looked like we only had about 8 men on the pitch in the end.

Side note - surely now the Brunt love-in has to stop. Always goes missing when the tough gets going. Did nothing once again today. Yes nobody covered themselves in glory but he seems immune from criticism on here.

Serious lessons need to be learned for the reverse fixture or we’ll get our pants pulled down on TV. Fortunately that fixture won’t have much riding on it anymore.

Feel for our travelling supporters. You deserved so much better than that.

Next up, a strong Gateshead side who just beat Dorking 6-0. Can’t bloody wait.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Last edited by BeesKnees99 on 11 Nov 2023, 17:31, edited 1 time in total.
becbee

Re: Chesterfield (A) The Chester Way I'm Fielding Match Thread

What pathetic posts. Our players gave their all. It wasn't enough but that was no negative reflection on us. Chesterfield were simply too good for us for 45 minutes.
Any true Barnet fan should be proud of this team.

Incidentally on the way out we had Chesterfield fan saying we were the best team they'd played at home this season
Jdk103

becbee wrote: 11 Nov 2023, 17:38 What pathetic posts. Our players gave their all. It wasn't enough but that was no negative reflection on us. Chesterfield were simply too good for us for 45 minutes.
Any true Barnet fan should be proud of this team.

Incidentally on the way out we had Chesterfield fan saying we were the best team they'd played at home this season
Spot on
king45bee

What was with the fans that got chucked out? Wasn't sure what had gone on - 1 was still mouthing off outside after

Sent from my SM-F731B using Tapatalk

Jdk103

Really is no excuse for getting kicked out of a ground
jamiefrbees

DB will say if the Stead shot goes in first half (off bar) we're looking at a totally different game.
dawat

jamiefrbees wrote: 11 Nov 2023, 18:24 DB will say if the Stead shot goes in first half (off bar) we're looking at a totally different game.
DB would be right. But it didn't go in.
ninestein

Lots of football still to be played. Bit of perspective needed. If Chesterfield are to win the league then good luck to them. But that doesn't mean we are a bad side, nor does it mean that our season is over. Keep faith with the manager and the team. We've had a result go against us. It's how we put it right that matters most now.
Barnet showing all the flair of Rupert-the-Bears trousers, but lots more style!
Roy57

BeesKnees99 wrote: 11 Nov 2023, 17:31

Side note - surely now the Brunt love-in has to stop. Always goes missing when the tough gets going. Did nothing once again today.

I posted this about Brunt weeks ago and was told I was out of order as he is our most technical player we have in the squad, and I am just negative. but like other posts he has been poor for weeks now, but for what ever reason he seems immune to be dropped or subbed.
Roy57

Disgraceful match report on BBC sport page, even Chesterfield fans have rubbished this garbage.
erichitchmo

Our roving reporter has wasted no time on the walk back to the station or waiting for his delayed train to get us his write up. Never mind.
barnetpete

First half, we were good, nullified Chesterfield but we’re not clinical enough and didn’t take our chances.

Half time was not kind to us.

Chesterfield came out with a rocket up their back side and showed why they were top of the table. We didn’t know how to react, or deal with it.

At one point looked like it could be 7 or 8 to 0.

We have to remember our squad is good, competitive, and one of the best in the national eagle.

Chesterfield on the other hand have a budget that appears to be crazy compared to the rest of us and should run away with the league. What we can do is stay in the hunt, stay on the coat tails and keep our fingers crossed Chesterfield self impload (albeit unlikely) or put ourselves in the best place for the playoffs.
Please consider donating, to help disadvantaged Children & Young People in Barnet, https://www.youngbarnetfoundation.org.uk/donate,
BeesKnees99

Kanu injured. Brennan looks very upset and frustrated in his interview.

becbee

Comments from Chesterfield message board:

(1st half) They certainly aren’t sitting back. We could easily be 2-0 down.

Tell you what, though, they are a lot more dangerous than the league 1 leaders were.

HT 0-0 (fortunately)

A close even game. They have had the two best chances but they are hardly all over us. We have defended well, so have they.

(After our 2 goals) Okay, that's for putting in a shift in the first half, which they did. That'll do, though

Ironically, reckon that's the right scoreline. They were really dangerous in the first half. Second, we educated them.

Barnet the better team first half, but boy did we get our bounce back in the 2nd. What a performance. We’ll be unhappy about conceding 2 late on but the game was won.

They were probably 2 goals better first half. Second half we were worthy of 4. 4-2 about right

First half,they played very well,and I was planning being happy with a draw, but that second half display was something else. If luck had gone our way, it could have been 7 or 8, we were that good. They deserved their consolation goals, although I was miffed when they went in.

Annoyed about the 2 goals conceded but on the balance of play can’t complain. Haven’t seen a better team than Barnet so far in this league so far so hats off to Brennan for putting together a team worthy of scrapping it out under an inferior budget.

Fair and reasonable comments. Especially like the final one.
john dockers shorts

Brilliant first half display, proud of the Bees!

Missed our goals as my lad was peed off so left on 88 mins