Maidstone United (Hive) The Infinity Stones Match Thread

Anything and everything related to Barnet FC
thebeekeeper

Re: Maidstone United (Hive) The Infinity Stones Match Thread

#Beebot wrote: 10 Dec 2023, 16:17
thebeekeeper wrote:
DSM wrote: 10 Dec 2023, 08:40 Jumping ahead but if we lose DB and I don’t think we will, Mel Gwinnett would be a serious contender to take over. Just kept H&R up last season, top 3 this year and beat Southend away in the trophy. Also is the continuation candidate who knows many of the players and has their respect already
I was thinking this earlier today, obviously we all hope it doesn't happen, but Gwinnett would be the ideal replacement for all the reasons you mention. I don't think we've ever poached another club's manager under TKs tenure though, so it would require a change of approach there.
We did make an approach for Gary Waddock when he was Aldershot manager which was knocked back
Interesting, I didn't realise that. Good news if in-work managers are an option for us going forward then.
letchbee94

Having just seen highlights have to agree with Brennan about the red card it does look rather harsh, At the time I thought it was a red but it does look like he was going for the ball.

Good to get 4 goals and a clean sheet.
Tuesds

thebeekeeper wrote: 10 Dec 2023, 16:30
#Beebot wrote: 10 Dec 2023, 16:17
thebeekeeper wrote:
DSM wrote: 10 Dec 2023, 08:40 Jumping ahead but if we lose DB and I don’t think we will, Mel Gwinnett would be a serious contender to take over. Just kept H&R up last season, top 3 this year and beat Southend away in the trophy. Also is the continuation candidate who knows many of the players and has their respect already
I was thinking this earlier today, obviously we all hope it doesn't happen, but Gwinnett would be the ideal replacement for all the reasons you mention. I don't think we've ever poached another club's manager under TKs tenure though, so it would require a change of approach there.
We did make an approach for Gary Waddock when he was Aldershot manager which was knocked back
Interesting, I didn't realise that. Good news if in-work managers are an option for us going forward then.
We also made an approach to Wealdstone for Dean Brennan before we appointed Flowers! Brennan turned us down on the basis of what he said were promises later broken by Wealdstone, hence his acrimonious departure later on.

From the below article:

“”Barnet were very professional with their approach, they approached our football club, and a bid was accepted that met my release clause and allowed me to speak to Barnet,” Brennan admitted.”

https://www.kilburntimes.co.uk/sport/21 ... ne-barnet/
hoppy

Maidstone United have successfully appealed the red card shown to Timmy Abraham.
rudebwoyben

Too right. That was never a red card.
markobee

Maidstone Utd have sold top-scorer Levi Amantchi to our promotion rivals Bromley.