Bromley (Away) The Heads, Shoulders, Bees and Foes Match Thread

Anything and everything related to Barnet FC
becbee

Re: Bromley (Away) The Heads, Shoulders, Bees and Foes Match Thread

rudebwoyben wrote: 10 Mar 2024, 11:09
PBBee wrote: 10 Mar 2024, 11:06
becbee wrote:Sometimes fans need to remember that players are not robots and no club wins every match. We reached the quarter finals of the FAT, we reached the 2nd round of the FA Cup, we are currently 2nd in NL , only club ahead of us are the runaway Champions Elect. Yet still there are complaints because we didn't play 3 injured players and on a plastic pitch.
We reached both of those by beating teams in divisions below us - hardly impressive is it. In fact over the last 2 seasons the only Cup win against anyone in our division was 2-0 away at Solihull in the trophy last season. Of course you have to hear what’s put in front of you but we are starting to see a habit in which we fail in the big games.

I’m not a negative fan & kind of glad I can go to Maidenhead away now & see every game we have left in person, barring Halifax. But let’s not overhype our cup runs.
Untrue, we beat Torquay and Maidstone in last season’s FA Trophy run!
I agree, don't hype the cup runs. But the alternative way of looking at this season is that we beat Maidstone in the FAT and they knocked out a L2, a L1 and a high flying Championship side in the FAC. Even Radcliffe were top of their league - they still are - now 12 points clear at the top, in case anybody's interested.
Yesterday was two highly placed NL teams who both underperformed on the day. If both teams had played to their full potential, there still would have had to have been a loser.
CrawleyBee

rudebwoyben wrote: 10 Mar 2024, 11:09
PBBee wrote: 10 Mar 2024, 11:06
becbee wrote:Sometimes fans need to remember that players are not robots and no club wins every match. We reached the quarter finals of the FAT, we reached the 2nd round of the FA Cup, we are currently 2nd in NL , only club ahead of us are the runaway Champions Elect. Yet still there are complaints because we didn't play 3 injured players and on a plastic pitch.
We reached both of those by beating teams in divisions below us - hardly impressive is it. In fact over the last 2 seasons the only Cup win against anyone in our division was 2-0 away at Solihull in the trophy last season. Of course you have to hear what’s put in front of you but we are starting to see a habit in which we fail in the big games.

I’m not a negative fan & kind of glad I can go to Maidenhead away now & see every game we have left in person, barring Halifax. But let’s not overhype our cup runs.
Untrue, we beat Torquay and Maidstone in last season’s FA Trophy run!
Both whom were shocking. Guess the point as we haven’t exactly had any tough games and fall at the first hurdle of a tough game Bromley.
Formerly Watfordbee
pokal02

Diarra hasn't been in the team (or on the bench) in Eastbourne's last two games - surely he's not injured too??
DSM

On Keeley I counted at least 3 occasions yesterday where he swept up what would otherwise have been a one on one situation. No co-incidence that our exposure on the counter attack has gone since he’s come in. With the style DB is now playing we have to have a sweeper keeper.
HertsBee

Reckless wrote: 10 Mar 2024, 11:41 2,557 it seems.
411 Away Fans (looked more)
ETBee

I expected a bigger turnout from the Bromley fans.
JWTBee

DSM wrote: 10 Mar 2024, 12:46 On Keeley I counted at least 3 occasions yesterday where he swept up what would otherwise have been a one on one situation. No co-incidence that our exposure on the counter attack has gone since he’s come in. With the style DB is now playing we have to have a sweeper keeper.
Totally agree! By the way his parents were with us Bees fans watching the game.Good report on DB too!
I love Luisma & really miss his skils!
PBBee

ETBee wrote:
Palace were at home & they won the competition 2 years ago I suppose.
john dockers shorts

ETBee wrote: 10 Mar 2024, 13:03
No chance not with the state of their toilets!
letchbee94

Not a great performance from us yesterday giving away the early goal certainly did not help.
After creating so mancy chances Tuesday we hardly did anything yesterday though guess got to give credit to Bromley as well.
jamiefrbees

Having seen the post-match interview I'm even more convinced that we weren't taking it all that seriously.

It will also be interesting to see if some of these new 'injuries' magically disappear by Tuesday night. (Thompson/ Okimo/ Pritch)
pletch99

Assuming Brennan isn’t telling outright lies Okimo has a problem that requires a scan - even if the scan is clear, it he fact that it is needed at all suggests that it isn’t likely that he’ll play on Tuesday.

He said Pritch and Thompson were both 50/50 and we knew both were carrying knocks, but given that they are 50/50 you’d hope at least one of the is available.

We missed Pritchard very badly yesterday. Brunt isn’t equipped for the dog fight in a deeper role AND we lose a lot of his attacking threat when he has to play as a conventional midfielder. Hartigan can’t be expected to dictate the midfield on his own.

The most puzzling thing for is how Marv didn’t get the nod ahead of Senior.
letchbee94

jamiefrbees wrote: 10 Mar 2024, 16:43 Having seen the post-match interview I'm even more convinced that we weren't taking it all that seriously.

It will also be interesting to see if some of these new 'injuries' magically disappear by Tuesday night. (Thompson/ Okimo/ Pritch)
If that really was case would Brennan had bought Kabamba on at ht?
jamiefrbees

To give Nicke some minutes and ease him back into the starting 11?

Let's put it this way. I've seen enough post match interviews to see when DB's pissed off. He didn't look that fussed to me...