Solihull Moors (Away) The Less Is Moors Match Thread

Anything and everything related to Barnet FC
antbfc

Re: Solihull Moors (Away) The Less Is Moors Match Thread

jonbonbaby wrote: 30 Mar 2024, 13:58 Wasn’t the point blank save offside anyway - still a good ave though
Yes whistle blew long before so save was irrelevant
letchbee94

Would have taken the draw before game only as it meant Solihull not gaining on us.
Just annoying to concede so late.

Not to concernded about record against top 7, I remember when we played Colchester in 98 play offs, our record against them from the league games would have seen us get through on aggregate but when the play offs came they beat us.
WillesdenBee

antbfc wrote: 30 Mar 2024, 16:14
jonbonbaby wrote: 30 Mar 2024, 13:58 Wasn’t the point blank save offside anyway - still a good ave though
Yes whistle blew long before so save was irrelevant
And he should've held the original shot in the first place.
Ajtheone04

I can't fathom how people are blaming Walker for that first goal. 1) If Hartigan is going out to help with the threat from a short corner why is he not blocking the angle for a long ball to be put in first? 2) Coker loses his man and gives him a free header 3) Kabamba is meant to be on the near post.

Chopping and changing in goal at this stage of the season will be step 1 towards a playoff bottle (yes, it will be a bottle because I firmly believe we are the second best side in the league).
john dockers shorts

Pick best players. I'm a big fan of Walker but he makes me much more nervous than Keely. Wouldn't be surprised to see keely back in the sticks
Mem Beespod

DerekRocholl wrote: 29 Mar 2024, 22:36
Mem Beespod wrote: 29 Mar 2024, 19:21
BeesKnees99 wrote: 29 Mar 2024, 17:18
Itsmeerc wrote:
BeesKnees99 wrote: 29 Mar 2024, 17:02
Tinpot mentality.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
You can be both disappointed whilst also acknowledging the result was far from disastrous.
Hence why I said it was disappointing, and not disastrous.

Semantics aside, it’s becoming increasingly apparent our failure to beat the league’s better sides will be our undoing.

It’s all well and good beating Dorking 6-0 and enjoying lofty 2nd place, but I just don’t see enough character about this team to go that one step further. We are going to need all the luck in the world in the playoffs.
Sadly I’m beginning to agree. We’ve done brilliantly despatching all the lower teams but that goes out the window in the play offs
Against the teams currently in play off positions we beat Altrincham and Aldershot at home, beat Bromley away and drew home and away with Solihull. The only one we haven’t taken points off is Gateshead.

The notion that we are unable to perform against the league’s better sides isn’t borne out by the facts.
We haven’t beaten one of the Top 7 teams since Sept. That is a fact!
BeesPod - Best in Non League podcast 2023
https://linktr.ee/beespod

Member of Bring Barnet Back campaign.

https://www.facebook.com/profile.php?id=61557502963938
Mem Beespod

Sam_BFC wrote: 30 Mar 2024, 00:12
Semantics aside, it’s becoming increasingly apparent our failure to beat the league’s better sides will be our undoing.

It’s all well and good beating Dorking 6-0 and enjoying lofty 2nd place, but I just don’t see enough character about this team to go that one step further. We are going to need all the luck in the world in the playoffs.
Sadly I’m beginning to agree. We’ve done brilliantly despatching all the lower teams but that goes out the window in the play offs
Mem, assuming this were the case what do you put it down to or what would you do to address it ?
Without looking at every game in isolation, generalising hugely the better teams have now seen us enough to know that if they get to grips with Hartigan and stop him playing then we struggle.

There are other factors such as suffering from injuries for months. We haven’t beaten a team from this current top 7 since Sept but prior to that with a full strength team we absolutely dominated most of the teams we played. The fact is, teams have analysts and even if we kept a similar team, they know how we want to play.

I also think that when we’re trying to unlock a team, if we have Coker and RHJ in the team then we struggle. If you lay up Coker then he’s a decent crosser but when teams set up well, he can’t go past a defender. RHJ is a bag of revels. Don’t know which RHJ will turn up.

If we get control of midfield then generally we win but against the better sides, it’s not always that easy.

How do we address it? I think we have the players coming back who can help although Kanu is a big loss because he can come in for Coker to unlock defences. The biggest return for me is Collinge. He’s the defender that went deep into the opposition half and did a John Stones which helped us overload in midfield. Once he’s fully fit, expect him to do more of that. Like what I said above, when we control midfield we usually win

Mem Beespod

john dockers shorts wrote: 30 Mar 2024, 21:40 Pick best players. I'm a big fan of Walker but he makes me much more nervous than Keely. Wouldn't be surprised to see keely back in the sticks
I’d need to watch the game back but Solihull seemed to funnel our play so we had to pass back to Walker and then they were pressing him. The opposition tell you where your weakness is.

djhdjh

Mem Beespod wrote: 30 Mar 2024, 23:45
DerekRocholl wrote: 29 Mar 2024, 22:36
Itsmeerc wrote:
You can be both disappointed whilst also acknowledging the result was far from disastrous.
Hence why I said it was disappointing, and not disastrous.

Against the teams currently in play off positions we beat Altrincham and Aldershot at home, beat Bromley away and drew home and away with Solihull. The only one we haven’t taken points off is Gateshead.

The notion that we are unable to perform against the league’s better sides isn’t borne out by the facts.
We haven’t beaten one of the Top 7 teams since Sept. That is a fact!
And in our most recent game against one of the top 7 we got within 2 minutes plus added time of beating them away from home, where we are significantly weaker than at home. We also did the double over Southend who would currently sit in the play-off places (albeit having played a game more) without their points deduction. Not that we can play them again obviously but worth noting that we can beat teams of that standard.

No, the play-offs aren't going to be easy. If it's us vs the field you'd take the field. Because play-off games are by nature generally close games between evenly matched teams, so winning 2 or 3 of them in a row is hard. But there's no reason to believe we're uniquely set up for failure.