Kidderminster Harriers (THTS) The Hawkward Goodbye Match Thread

Anything and everything related to Barnet FC
Mem Beespod

Re: Kidderminster Harriers (THTS) The Hawkward Goodbye Match Thread

let_it_bee wrote: 21 Apr 2024, 07:06
djhdjh wrote: 20 Apr 2024, 21:28 Crazy would be picking the team for a play-off match based on one game against a team nowhere near play-off standard where neither team was going full intensity.

If Pritchard is ready, he has to play. None of our other midfielders have his ability to combine physicality with threat to the opposition goal. And we will need a midfield that can press and tackle without the ball against a better opponent. Him and Stead would be ideal as the advanced midfielders but who knows if they will both be able to play. I suspect Pritchard starts and Stead is on the bench with Freeman starting but who knows.

I'd also gamble on Oluwo starting to give us some pace against counter attacks but that would be a huge risk and I don't think they'll do it.
Not just one game -he’s shown class in every game I’ve seen him (admittedly that’s home games only). Should certainly be ahead of Brunt in the pecking order. If Pritchard is fit that does present a selection dilemma. Can we really afford to play him, Gorman and Hartigan. Wouldn’t want to see any of them left out but would leave us a bit short of cutting edge going forward.
One thing this Barnet team has been is consistent and machine like in grinding out points however we’ve struggled at time to raise ourselves at moments.

I don’t think it’s a coincidence that Freeman has played the last 3/4 games. DB wants him peaking for the play offs because he’s a match winner.

We have to start thinking about these play offs as cup games and not think in the context of the long slog of a season and that’s why we need match winners in the side. We can’t be thinking about these games like an away game at Rochdale. The danger is for us not winning the game outright and the lottery of penalties

Personally, I wouldn’t be bringing Pritchard back into the side straight away because he’s just come off surgery, played no games and his attributes rely on his athleticism. He’s unlikely to come back into the team at the level he normally plays at.
BeesPod - Best in Non League podcast 2023
https://linktr.ee/beespod

Member of Bring Barnet Back campaign.

https://www.facebook.com/profile.php?id=61557502963938
djhdjh

You make it sound like Pritchard is some clogger, rather than an all round box to box midfielder who can attack and defend equally well.

You talk about match winners and big game players, Pritchard scores plenty of goals - including in last year's play-off and 2 in the FA Trophy semi-final.

I don't know if he should play because I don't know his physical condition. I do know that when he last came back into the team after injury he played 90 minutes switching positions during the game and played well. If he is ready to go he should be playing, we don't have anyone with his game.

It doesn't have to be Pritchard or Freeman. We could play them both. I suspect that is what Brennan is going to do. Great to have a team with options.
Tuesds

Itsmeerc wrote: 21 Apr 2024, 11:44 Had a quick look back at the past few seasons as I wanted to compare our final total of 86 points to previous years to see where we would have finished. Interesting to put it into context:

22/23: 3rd
21/22: 4th
20/21: Champions
19/20: 2nd based on the PPG amassed when the season was ended
18/19: 2nd
17/18: 2nd
We wouldn’t have been champions in 20/21; they only played 42 games in that Covid season (lost Macclesfield then Dover). Our PPG this season would give us 78.5 points over 42 games, which would’ve put us 3rd in the final table
raybees

tuesday play off result

correct score anyone ?
Attachments
IMG_3249.png
hoofer2

Editing of highlights needs a lot of improvement - missing goal build-ups especially replays!!

Kidderminster created good chances. Not converting clearly their achilles..Think stand a chance of a return if can retain some players
markobee

On the matter of highlights - I see that Kidderminster Harriers have now put their own highlights (and commentary) up on YouTube.
These are longer than our highlights - and they show their chance which hit the post; and also their chance which came from a mistake (or mistakes) by Josh Keeley.
I'm in two minds whether I prefer Laurie or Josh. Fortunately, i don't have the responsibility of picking the team.
COYB!