Paul Downing

Anything and everything related to Barnet FC
FreshB

Paul Downing

Do we know if we're trying to sign Paul? Surely PF saw enough of him to see he's a quality player, who is only going to get better. If it's true that he's playing a trial game for Burton, then think we should definitely be in bidding for this player, he's League 1 standard, and if there is serious ambition from the club this is the quality of player we should be after. Not Dean Sinclair, who is way passed his best, nor jake Hyde, who though quite good just doesn't have the pace to be a real threat at this level.
Would be good to see some of MR's Peterborough connections getting a trial. Not impressed with the level of player we're looking at so far, but hopefully that will change over the next couple of weeks......
PBBee

Re: Paul Downing

As you mentioned apparently he played centre midfield for Buton Albion in their 2-1 defeat against Aston Villa yesterday. No idea why they would play him in midfield though.
GRH

I'd much prefer us to sign some experienced players at centre back. Downing did ok last year, but I wouldn't like to go into the season with two young players. Hopefully we'll get to see Kevin Rutkiewicz and Jon Fortune again to see what they are like when they get a bit more of a test.
Golf Delta

Agree with GRH but I'd still like to see Downing back with us. At least he would be a better option than Kamdjo if needed.
When you're arguing with an idiot, make sure the other person isn't doing the same.
Beesting

I don't like the idea of having 3 of our 4 defender injury prone with Senda, Rutkiewicz and Fortune constantly injured.
jerroll

Beesting wrote:I don't like the idea of having 3 of our 4 defender injury prone with Senda, Rutkiewicz and Fortune constantly injured.
the latter 2 are only trialists at this stage, doesn't mean we will sign both of them!
Pushkin

FreshB wrote:Not Dean Sinclair, who is way passed his best, nor jake Hyde,
But....but...but....if we sign Jake Hyde, the banner on the onlybarnet.com home page won't look so terribly out of date. This is surely a good thing, no?

letchbee94

Aint to bothered if we dont sign him as he was part of last seasons side that only just stayed up.
Sorry to sound harsh but just what I think.
Mikel Bee

Pushkin wrote:
FreshB wrote:Not Dean Sinclair, who is way passed his best, nor jake Hyde,
But....but...but....if we sign Jake Hyde, the banner on the onlybarnet.com home page won't look so terribly out of date. This is surely a good thing, no?

I knew all along he'd be coming back. :whistle: