today and the future

Anything and everything related to Barnet FC
CrawleyBee

today and the future

I am now resigned to the fact we are down (to be fair i was resinged to this weeks ago, a bit of blind faith came in to play.) On the whole we have been poor all season, and rightly deserve to be relegated. Today was an abysmal effort from both players and fans alike, underhill was like a morgue, and frankly half the players couldn't give a f@@k. We always flatter to decieve on so called big occasions. We are a poorly run club, and this is showed by numerous players opting to join a conference team rather than us. The dwinding support is the iceing on the cake, i was embarrased when the minibus turned up at Rotherham, what has become of our club? controversial, but i feel the only future the club has is a total overhaul from top to bottom (yes that includes tk) we need to somehow move ground and effectively start again, our club has been stale ever since we have been back in the football league, my heart bleeds it really does at what we have become. I for one won't be sheeding tears once our relegation is confirmed, it has been coming for so long and had to happer sooner rather than later.

What is the asnwer? answers on a postcard please. My 18 year love affair is coming to an abrupt end.

watfordbee
Formerly Watfordbee
Jon83

Re: today and the future

Today is the day that we are relegated to the conference.

The away win against Hereford gave everyone hope however the performance today showed what we really are - a team that is heading to the conference.

I thought the players today would give it their all and a performance ala Lincoln first half would be produced. Sad to say, the players did not perform. Cole at no fault whatsover, the back four solid in open play but from set pieces, an absolute shambles!

The midfield - well it was ineffective as it has been all season! Morecambe's first goal resulted from a shocking corner by Marshall (as he has produced ALL season!) and the second goal resulted from Marshall running down a blind alley, losing the ball, them counter attacking and scoring!

Upfront - I suppose it depends on your view of Mcleod - either he didnt receive any service and struggled to get in the game or he was lazy and didnt try to get involved in the game.

The worst thing for me - we went 1-0 up and the players still did not believe that we could win the game of football. We capitualted in the first half and couldnt recover in the 2nd!

Fairclough is/was not the man to keep us in the football league - TK has made two massive errors this season - the first, not sacking Stimson soon enough, the second, giving Fairclough the job until the end of the season.

TK is the man that got this club relegated.
Los Angeles Bee

I dunno what it is with Barnet and the inability to perform in big games. It's not just this side, this squad, this season. This has been going on for years and years. Play off semi finals, relegation deciders (Torquay 2001)..etc. I don't know if this is just the mentality of the club, the style of management or even Tony Kleanthous's doing. When a result is needed, Barnet can never get it. It's exactly like watching England play in World Cups and Euro Championships. Barnet FC are the footballing equivalent of Erectile Dysfunction.
letchbee94

Not sure if moving to another ground is the answer.

What we need is a Martin Allen type manager (or the man himself) to install some pride and passion into the first team squad, which would then transfer to the terraces. (Remember 2003-2004 season)
CrawleyBee

i just feeling almost every other club has moved forward? and were going backwards :( absolutely gutted chris :( not sure if ill bother going tuesday now! what a mess!
Formerly Watfordbee
BEE428

If by some kind of miracle we beat Aldershit and Chesterfield next week I will foregive! But otherwise I think big changes needed to from foundations up! I vote for the Hive!
Prediction League Champion 2012/13 & 2013/14
Jon83

Martin Allen is the exact type/is the person that should be currently managing this football club. I would defy anyone to suggest that during the Allen reign (not retrospectively), they felt part of the club. Barnet was a club that was together, the players and fans had a link, the players would fight for the well being of the football club, the fans would support the team, week in week out. Yeovil away, the red army - that is the type of spirit that has been lacking!

I'd go back to the point mentioned a couple of weeks ago - why has TK not come out and said Fairclough is our manager for the rest of the season, why have the fans never been informed who is managing this club?!

Why was TK crying at the end of last season saying it was unbearable, I cant let this happen again etc! Well TK, it is happening again, we are plummeting towards relegation and from the sidelines, it looks as though you've done sod all about it!
KevinBFC

Not too long ago we could comfortably finish above teams such as Morecambe, Aldershot, Dagenham, Stevenage, Accrington and Burton to name but a few. As somebody mentioned above they have all left us standing still in the last 6 years, none appear to have bigger budgets/support etc. If they can do it to us then with the right set up and management we could do it to them again one day. The next manager of this club must be a wise appointment otherwise we could well sink to new depths. Get it right and we can begin to rebuild the club.
PBBee

We're relegated. Move ground and have a completely fresh start, it could end it tears or it could work but what is the points in seeing the same old rubbish year in year out and the club going nowhere (apart from down it seems).

Jon83 I agree, he gave it large last year that he didn't want to see it happen again but didn't invest in the club this year (althought we probably had a fairly large wage bill as I'm sure Stimson brought in about 35 players). Best training ground in non league though :y:
Spanker Ridley

PBBee what makes you think moving ground will make any difference when you say you agree with Jon83 comments about TK ?

The problem is under investment in the club over many years.

Underhill will be sold to a supermarket chain and we will be moved without consultation to the Hive,
BEE428

The only way a move to the HIVE will be allowed by the fans is if the stadium is better and has the potential to grow. Otherwise we may aswell sit tight at Underhill! Surely?????????????????
Prediction League Champion 2012/13 & 2013/14
PBBee

Spanker Ridley wrote:PBBee what makes you think moving ground will make any difference when you say you agree with Jon83 comments about TK ?

The problem is under investment in the club over many years.

Underhill will be sold to a supermarket chain and we will be moved without consultation to the Hive,
I just feel it is time for a fresh start even though underhill and Barnet town is our spiritual home. My point about agreeing with Jon83 was not directly related to my comment on the ground hence the new paragraph. My opinion which is based on information I have been given from Barnet players agents and friends/partners and as well as the bleeding obvious that TK has not put enough money into the playing squad.
becbee

So all these Barnet players, agents, friends, partners all confide the players financial situations to you, do they? Just like we all divulge our financial situations to any Tom, Dick or Harry who'll talk to us. Or not.

Strangly enough, no Barnet player, agents, friends, partners have confided anything to me, however based on all the loan signings and attempted signings we've had, plus the money paid for McLeod's operation etc, the fact Kabba joined us when Burton wanted to but couldn't afford him, Cole, Dennehy probably are on good money etc etc - I'd say TK has put money into the playing squad.
Peter Piper

Oh yeh the 'attempted' signings, I was forgetting about the 'attempted signings', there's nothing quite as expensive as an 'attempted' signing. A couple of them can blow a whole season's budget. :geahh:
Sam_BFC

becbee wrote:So all these Barnet players, agents, friends, partners all confide the players financial situations to you, do they? Just like we all divulge our financial situations to any Tom, Dick or Harry who'll talk to us. Or not.

Strangly enough, no Barnet player, agents, friends, partners have confided anything to me, however based on all the loan signings and attempted signings we've had, plus the money paid for McLeod's operation etc, the fact Kabba joined us when Burton wanted to but couldn't afford him, Cole, Dennehy probably are on good money etc etc - I'd say TK has put money into the playing squad.
Sensible post.