Manager Next Season

Anything and everything related to Barnet FC
DCIS23

Manager Next Season

If we go down who would your choice of manager be? Bearing in mind PFs impressive record in the non league would you be happy to see him retained? Or would we need a completely new appointment?
Mikel Bee

Re: Manager Next Season

I'd give PF another crack at it. If that fails Michael Stone?
Sam_BFC

I really think it could be a big ask of Fairclough to win the Conference for a *third* time.

He returned to Stevenage and was unable to repeat the magic.

Michael Stone will certainly be a candidate in my opinion...although questions about how many 'contacts' he has to bring in players will be raised.
Golf Delta

Graz. :gd:
When you're arguing with an idiot, make sure the other person isn't doing the same.
lfolfo

I'd be happy with Fairclough but he won't get it-he is (unfairly IMO) not as well regarded by many of our fans and TK will want to go for a 'popular' appointment.

REalistically, we are unlikely to come back up next season and making the playoffs would be an achievement. Relegation again should also be almost impossible so I would be happy with a hungry novice, perhaps an ex-bee looking for experience (don't know if Graz is looking to?) or Howell/Charlery who were mentioned on here and are doing well with Harrow.
barnetpete

lfolfo wrote: Howell/Charlery who were mentioned on here and are doing well with Harrow.
My vote goes here, especially if (or when) we go down. Ex Bees, both got personality, doing a great job with Harrow on a extremly tight budget, get the team playing good football, both coached in the league and now managed in Non-league for a number of years, got lots of league and non-league contacts, well thought of and regarded in football circles, and have a history of spotting/developing talent (Adomah, Shroot to B'ham, and Hewitt to QPR in last few seasons) and i am sure would be hungry to prove what they can do.
Please consider donating, to help disadvantaged Children & Young People in Barnet, https://www.youngbarnetfoundation.org.uk/donate,
mduffy_918

To be honest I don't care who is the manager next season, all I want to hear is there will be a big budget for getting us back into the league in 1 season, we won't have to upgrade the stadium to meet league standards as we won't be in the league, Paul Fairclough seems the best choice as he is already in place and done it before but needs to clear out almost every player, the few we do have that are good enough will go so it will be another new team, this time we need to get it right or we will end up falling so far behind that the hive won't matter anymore, Underhill will be the perfect stadium for non league football.
barnetpete

mduffy_918 wrote:To be honest I don't care who is the manager next season, all I want to hear is there will be a big budget for getting us back into the league in 1 season, we won't have to upgrade the stadium to meet league standards as we won't be in the league, Paul Fairclough seems the best choice as he is already in place and done it before but needs to clear out almost every player, the few we do have that are good enough will go so it will be another new team, this time we need to get it right or we will end up falling so far behind that the hive won't matter anymore, Underhill will be the perfect stadium for non league football.

Big budget - where will it come from? Only way is more fans through the door, spending more money.

May not need an 'upgrade' ...but money may need to be spent to just to keep the ground from falling down and to make it work. Go behind the scenes and see behind the lick of orange paint and you'll see the ground is decrepid and falling to bits

"perfect for non league"....this attitude is exactly the reason we are getting relegated, until fans grasp the fact that to compete in the league we need to generate money that can then be spent on players wages we'll continue to be small, deserving to be nothing more than non-league.
Please consider donating, to help disadvantaged Children & Young People in Barnet, https://www.youngbarnetfoundation.org.uk/donate,
natwilk

I'd give Michael Stone a go. He did very well in non-league before and has shown more involvement now stimson has gone. he is bright and seems to want to play good football.
... All we have to do is keep winning the next game ...
MajorBrownEye

I prefer Sharon Stone.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
It's the difference between knowing your shit and knowing you're shit.
letchbee94

Martin Allen
ShankBee

Why Martin Allen? He wasnt really doing anything at Cheltenham and he screwed us over! Its like a beaten housewife going back for more.
becbee

FrankBeeMrShankBee wrote:Why Martin Allen? He wasnt really doing anything at Cheltenham and he screwed us over! Its like a beaten housewife going back for more.
I think if I'd ever suffered domestic abuse I'd find it somewhat offensive to have my suffering compared to Martin Allen walking out on us to join another club.
montydog

MajorBrownEye prefers Sharon Stone!!!

Maybe the cross legs routine at team meetings is just what we need. What do you think? :D
jerroll

Depending on the budget I would suggest someone like Garry Haylock from Hayes & Yeading would be a good shout, someone who knows the league & has worked on a real shoestring to get H&Y into & then kept them in the conference. I also agree that if we went down the ex bee route the Howell/Charlery partnership or Liam Daish who again has worked well in the conference until the myfc farce tied one hand behind his back!