Fairclough got it wrong

Anything and everything related to Barnet FC
letchbee94

Fairclough got it wrong

I was expecting us to start the game the way we did against Lincoln like we wanted to win, but it was Morecambe who played the game as if their lives depended on it.

With PF subs why did he not take of the defenders instead of Byrne and Jarvis when bringing on Mauro and Taylor??

Cannot understand why after putting in decent performances and getting results away from home why we are so poor at Underhill.
BEE428

Re: Fairclough got it wrong

I wouldn't have made any subs at all! I guess that shows Barnets strength and depth.
Prediction League Champion 2012/13 & 2013/14
Jon83

I think Fairclugh got the subs wrong but in his defence, there is nothing on the bench to help him. If he picks the strongest xi which he has done, then there is NOTHING on the bench to change the game!

What did concern me, Byrne is a better footballer and more likely to score a goal than Hughes or Jarvis yet Byrne was the 1st sub. Marsahll was absolutely shocking today, as he was against Wycomebe BUT taking him off for Vilhete when we still had 6 defensive players in the 11 was a poor decision.

Fairclough should not be in charge of this football club at this moment in time.
JayB

The subs where a big mystery to me, Cox for Jarvis?? Cox is a grafter and adds nothing in the attacking phase of the game and even though Marshall had a stinker one player who was worse was Sam Deering yet he managed to stay on the pitch.

Mark Byrne being subbed was strange also, he was the only one breaking in the box and looking like he wanted to score, it summed it up towards the end when Mcleod put a perfectly good ball across the 6yd box and nobody was there to tap it in.
PBBee

Fairclough never mastered the tactic of substitutions in his first stint at the club. To be fair I don't think it would have made a difference, as soon as the 2nd went in I said this was finishing 2-1 and it did.
ShankBee

I think we have to be careful with Byrne as he's on loan and coming back from a serious injury. I dont think Forrest want him playing 90 mins till he's fit.
becbee

I assumed at the time that Byrne was being subbed because of his injury situation. Plus we have a match on Tuesday, he's unlikely to be up for 180 minutes in 3 days. In any case, by the time he was subbed, 74 minutes, the match was over.

The issue wasn't with making substitutions, we needed to try something different - the problem was, as it has been all season, with the standard of our bench. Barely Conference level.
Bee_Forever

Agree completely with this. Yes, we have been unlucky with injuries, and with a bit more fortune Kabba and Holmes would be banging them in, but the clubs failure to respond to this problem is what really frustrates me. I know they are trying but, if we do not get in a real difference maker to support Izzy up front, we will not be strong enough to survive.
mduffy_918

letchbee94 wrote:I was expecting us to start the game the way we did against Lincoln like we wanted to win, but it was Morecambe who played the game as if their lives depended on it.

With PF subs why did he not take of the defenders instead of Byrne and Jarvis when bringing on Mauro and Taylor??

Cannot understand why after putting in decent performances and getting results away from home why we are so poor at Underhill.
Don't be stupid, it's nothing to do with Mark Stimson, Tony Kleanthous, Or the players, (I'm leaving Paul Fairclough out of this) This is down to the fans not wanting to bother turning up week in week out to watch Barnet play like Brazil and entertain us for 90 minutes every game, score bundles of goals and win the league year after year, How pathetic this club has turned into, the players can't be bothered to turn up to our cup final even after going 1-0 up, we are a joke but we are the only ones not laughing, I want answers from TK about this mess and the sooner he comes out the better, he has gone from the best to the worst chairman in my eyes, he seems to hate Barnet now, not love the club.
I give up, I really do.
Moonchild_Bee

mduffy_918 wrote: I give up, I really do.
I wish you would. I hope you've got that rant out of your system but there was no need to spam 7 threads with the same rubbish.
Sam_BFC

I really don't think TK hates the club...although he may well do so with that kind of attitude from the fans.