New Official Site

Anything and everything related to Barnet FC
Beesting

Re: New Official Site

I hate the new site with a passion. It doesn't even work on my phone. I'm not ever going on it i'll just use here for all my information. That is all.
ninestein

if i'm trying to access on my phone, is there a different URL i need to bookmark to pick up the mobile version? My Nokia E5 just crashes and the only way round it is to switch it off and start again!
Barnet showing all the flair of Rupert-the-Bears trousers, but lots more style!
Mickbee

It's crap! Not that there was anything intresting on it, I will use the Sky Sports page for news, and here of course to keep up on all things Black & Amber.
Geoff M

Is it my imagination or is the new official site even worse now than it was a week or so ago!!!?? Possibly the worst site I have had the displeasure to visit. Please, please, please BFC, FFS sort it out!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :grrr: :grrr:
ninestein

Do these geeks get paid to test their websites before launch, or do they not???
Barnet showing all the flair of Rupert-the-Bears trousers, but lots more style!
becbee

It's not just its appearance , it's that for all its outward flashiness, it's actually got less information than the old site. Under fixtures and results we used to be able to go back about 8 seasons and easily access full details about every match. Now we only get the previous 3. Worse still, even that's not much use. Example - the Birmingham City guy on another thread posted his suggested team which included Hayden Mullins. I had the idea that Mullins played against us for Portsmouth at round 1 last season. So I tried to check this. When I clicked on for the Portsmouth match stats all I got was rubbish about its 94 days before we next play Accrington (!) and a silly graph about the latter part of last season. Why, why, why?
natwilk

it is truly awful! I get a headache every time I look at it.

I can at least use it as an example of all the bad things to do on a website.
... All we have to do is keep winning the next game ...
GRH

Quite often things seem much worse than they are because they are new, and we just need time to get used to it.

This website though is just awful. I can't bring myself to use it.
Moonchild_Bee

Just remember everyone, it's been forced on the club... there is a copy of Torquay's response to the websites somewhere here.

I just presumed that change was the problem, i'd learn to love it, i'm resistant to improvements etc, but I still cant get my head around how the site design is so awful. Just absolutely tragic. I hope i'm wrong, and I get used to it, and even end up liking it, but....

It's a good incentive for sites like Downhill Second Half to get their stats up to scratch.

It's sad for the club who will inevitably lose traffic (which I presume is linked to money they will be making as part of the deal).

I certainly only check it now when someone highlights a story here...
erichitchmo

Moonchild_Bee wrote:It's a good incentive for sites like Downhill Second Half to get their stats up to scratch.
We'll just stick to the fortnightly updates, thanks! :D
Phil The Force

They should try and get the dates of the fixtures correct as well.
This is from the second coach article:

And that's not all - tickets for the first away League fixture against Port Vale on Saturday 21st August 2012 are available now