Fair play to Morecambe

Anything and everything related to Barnet FC
John_Carp1

Re: Fair play to Morecambe

"We" did sing Twist and Shout then.
Tony Kleanthous has not asked you your opinion on The Hive. This is because he doesn't care about your opinion. I think your opinion should matter.

Tony Kleanthous OUT.
jamiefrbees

Yes..indeed it was sung then. And my god I wish it hadn't been.

I thought there was some unwritten code which stated it is only sung when we are clearly heading for victory, maybe 2 or 3 goals to the good and towards the twilight of the match, never in the first half! Needless to say it all felt a bit premature and tempting fate, especially singing 'we are staying up' etc...

I don't care too much for this convivial rapport nonsense. We all know that nice guys finish last...or perhaps should be altered to, finish second bottom...
Barnet, Barnet, Barnet, because...we're staying up, and it's the bondz the bondz the bondz the bondz the bondz the bondz the bondz that will keep us together...

Why does it always fall to Togwell?
Mikel Bee

hoofer2 wrote:
jamiefrbees wrote:Slightly surprised by this great rapport we're supposed to have with Morecambe..

I was on the ET on Saturday and the same weekly unpleasantries were exchanged only Morecambe took it one further and shamelessly performed an imitation of 'Twist & Shout'

They seemed a horrible bunch of Northerners to me, no different to any other club.
Imitation? Wasn't this the first time it has been sung on the East Terrace all season...

Even after we were 1-0 up we as fans showed no positivity. Why didn't we sing Twist and Shout then?
We did.

But you are right, more support couldn't have hurt. The silence from us after they equalised was deafening.
Monsieur Abeille

jamiefrbees wrote: I thought there was some unwritten code which stated it is only sung when we are clearly heading for victory, maybe 2 or 3 goals to the good
That would certainly explain why its not sung much....