Just back...

Anything and everything related to Barnet FC
Bott3rz

Just back...

Typical performance, played some nice stuff, missed some good chances and then they scored and we lost all belief.

That was the final nail in the coffin. The players have completely lost belief as have most of the fans.

I think that we should accept we are down and just play with a bit of freedom and start building for next season. All the players walked straight off at the end of the game - showing how much they wanted to thank the fans for supporting them throughout the 90. McCleod is lazy and although he scores goals - we are not a good enough team for him to waltz around doing nothing but score the odd tap in.

Deering was excellent as was Devera. Kamjo was comical and should NEVER play football at the level again. Parkes can't defend, Marshall has no end product. Hughes and Fraser can't pass the ball and O Brien can't kick the ball on the pitch. Taylor is completely useless and Pulis is the same.

Lets just forget this mess and start planning for next season. Relegation is horrible but it is not the end of the world. We need to get realistic and accept that we have punched above our weight for the last 6 years.

I have nothing against the squad personally and they try reasonably hard but they without exception naive, brittle and technically poor.

Braintree anyone?
@iainbotterill
PBBee

Re: Just back...

Commentators made Devera sound like he made a lot of mistakes tonight. Out of our remaining fixtures Burton are the only team in the bottom half, adios football league.
Mikel Bee

Devera was solid tonight but his distribution was completely out of character. Pulis from now on will be called the "invisible man".

The players do try hard and they do care (shown by the final whistle scuffles with the Aldershot players) but they just don't work well together. For instance, Izale runs past the last defender and expects the ball to land at his feet but our midfield don't have the ability to provide him with hat sort of service, it just ends up on the defenders head. In a top side with the right service he would be banging them in but that's not possible here. At least when Midson came on he was battling for the ball in the air and came very close to making several breakthroughs. So yet again our strikeforce is letting us down and PF really needs to try something new. Make use of Deering's runs down the wing which are lightning quick and the final cross is very good (remember the first goal against Morecambe). He was doing the same tonight but no one was in the box to convert his crosses.

I really hope we can hold onto Deering next season. He was the only player showing any sort of creativity. A very talented player!

Anyone know when Kabba is back?
dangerous

" and O Brien can't kick the ball on the pitch." did you even go to the game ? he consistantly dropped kicked onto the edge of their penalty box, which was our only tactic. shame mc cleod is too bone idol to move towards the ball. O'Brien also made 3 great saves one of which the sky bloke was creaming himself over in the stand. most people on the way out made him our mom...dont slag players just for the sake of it
barnetdw

dangerous wrote:O'Brien also made 3 great saves one of which the sky bloke was creaming himself over in the stand
Isn't that Sky blokes' default reaction, just in case you end up thinking that having Sky is not quite as exciting as the big monthly bill you get is big?
dangerous

the point is the lad played well having been ruled out for the season on friday, after breaking his index finger. once jake was out he stepped up. had a minor op to nulify the nerve, the finger numbed then a pain killing jab before the match. he showed the right spirit made some good saves and kept us in the game.
Mikel Bee

I'll agree with that, Obrien had a good game tonight. Conceding one goal away from home is not the sign of a bad team/goalkeeper, creating very few goalscoring opportunities is.
becbee

dangerous wrote:the point is the lad played well having been ruled out for the season on friday, after breaking his index finger. once jake was out he stepped up. had a minor op to nulify the nerve, the finger numbed then a pain killing jab before the match. he showed the right spirit made some good saves and kept us in the game.
I didn't particularly rate O'Brien when I saw him play but massive kudos to him for this, he's gone up in my estimation.

I wasn't there last night but I did hear him make what sounded like a great save to prevent a certain second goal.
Bott3rz

dangerous wrote:" and O Brien can't kick the ball on the pitch." did you even go to the game ? he consistantly dropped kicked onto the edge of their penalty box, which was our only tactic. shame mc cleod is too bone idol to move towards the ball. O'Brien also made 3 great saves one of which the sky bloke was creaming himself over in the stand. most people on the way out made him our mom...dont slag players just for the sake of it
Hang on a minute mate. I'm not slagging him off just for the sake of it and didn't make any comments about his shot stopping ability at all.

Three or four times throughout the game he kicked the ball from hand off the pitch, which is just so frustrating considering that we cannot organise ourselves whenever the ball goes off the pitch. He made an excellent one on one save and tipped over a few shots and I agree that he was one of our better players last night but I think his distribution is poor (remember Southend at home where he passed it to their CF) and needs to be improved. To say that he "constantly dropped onto the edge of the penalty box" with laser accuracy is just factually wrong.
@iainbotterill
dangerous

If you notice the bench paul fairclough is constasntly asking him to hit certain players, with his kicks, often one of the wide players, on instruction hugs the touchline, in the hope that he can draw the full back and make a flick on to mc leod who is supposed to make space. last night he hit the winger nearly every time, sure one or two went out, but thats the tactics. its like set pieces they dont all go in the net, but we dont all say the taker cant kick straight..thats my real point, hes a kid doing his best, moaning at him will hardly lift or motivate him or anyone else. your point is taken though, no hard feelings.
Bott3rz

Agree with that entirely and no hard feelings. Its easy for me to blame the guy even though he is very young and clearly not at all to blame for the mess we are in. I geniunely hope that he stays and tries to improve as he clearly has potential. I would just like to see him given a run in the team and if he could (like all players) work on a few things we could really have a player on our hands.
Looking back on it, I agree with you about the tactics of kicking out wide and I suppose that he was made to look worse by the fact that he was being asked to kick out wide to Marshall and Deering (although Kamjo would sometimes push up) and the chances of either of them winning a header are pretty minimal. In retrospect, you were right about the kicking and about his overall performance/
@iainbotterill
dangerous

nice to have a reasonable debate, at the end of the day we all want the same thing, another 30 points :eee:
ronny_28

Joe was under the cosh most of the evening (particularly when they brought on their big forward in the second half) but I thought he coped well, he has become too good for this team. Another poor game for Marshall, I wonder if he is trying too hard, he certainly doesn't seem to be enjoying it any more. Best moment was the attempted clearance by their keeper which rebounded off Marshall only a yard or so away and went inches wide. Parsons was not unlucky, the first yellow was a crazy tackle from behind with the ball miles away which could have got a straight red. I don't think we will miss him.
Not everyone would agree but I thought Parkes was OK.
Pulis didn't in fact play, I know because I saw the game and I'm sure I would have noticed if he had.