Tonight....

Anything and everything related to Barnet FC
Kidology

Tonight....

.... was as awful and depressing as most of the season. We had a period of decent possession in the first half, created a couple of chances, nearly scored.... but didn't. Where have you heard that before? One up front, although Izale spent most of the game making vague half-hearted runs while Hughes and Marshall passed to the other team. A rancid, suicide-inducing parody of a second half in which we failed to produce a single effort on goal. Substitutions only made after they had scored and which included the utterly anonymous Midson and Fraser who both hardly touched the ball, and Taylor, who farcically came on for MacLeod in the last minute. A sending off for a debatable left back, who left the pitch so quickly, it looked like he was glad to be relieved of his duties. A failure to alter tactics, gears, ambitions, desire (delete where applicable or delete none at all, your choice), despite the fact that we have to win games. (Rather like the time Paul Fairclough was in charge a couple of seasons ago.... oh, hang on a sec.) A feeling of complete hopelessness at the final whistle, in fact well before the final whistle.

£8.50 to get in, direct trains from Waterloo, just over an hour's drive from Barnet, 132 away fans. If anything more aptly sums up the state of this football club, that's it. I have been at Carlisle on a freezing Tuesday night and there have been more Barnet than turned up tonight.
CrawleyBee

Re: Tonight....

spot on Kidology!

apalling away support (in terms of numbers anyway) but who can blame people? i was one of the few there. we lack so much ambition in all areas of the club. Stimson was appointed on the cheap, and fairclough (only meant to be caretaker manager) has somehow had the whole role more than half a season. god knows what the future holds for the bees. I remember when you couldn't get a seat on the supporters coach if you left it till thursday evening, how times have changed.

thoroughly depressed and fed up. Last away game for me this season, will be a while until we visit aldershit again.

:(
Formerly Watfordbee
letchbee94

Summed up the game really well Kidology.

Just to add what has been said supporters wise the 132 bees fans that was present tonight made really good noise and got behind the team, but 132 fans on what was a Tuesday night when there was NO Champions league NO Premier league games and weather wise it was decent enough and like Kidology said it was cheap entrence fee aswell.
PBBee

I was one that really could not be bothered to go tonight even though I could have got there from work in 40mins. Not ashamed about it and as it has been mentioned it sums up the feeling from a lot of loyal fans at the moment. The quicker we are put out of misery and start rebuilding (again ffs) the better.
tringthing

I had planned to go tonight, but after Saturday's debacle decided against it. Sounds like I made the right decision.
A real shame that I feel this way because I always love going to Aldershot, it's close, usually a good atmosphere and brings back good memories.
Oh well Conference here we come.
John_c

Kidology wrote:.... was as awful and depressing as most of the season. We had a period of decent possession in the first half, created a couple of chances, nearly scored.... but didn't. Where have you heard that before? One up front, although Izale spent most of the game making vague half-hearted runs while Hughes and Marshall passed to the other team. A rancid, suicide-inducing parody of a second half in which we failed to produce a single effort on goal. Substitutions only made after they had scored and which included the utterly anonymous Midson and Fraser who both hardly touched the ball, and Taylor, who farcically came on for MacLeod in the last minute. A sending off for a debatable left back, who left the pitch so quickly, it looked like he was glad to be relieved of his duties. A failure to alter tactics, gears, ambitions, desire (delete where applicable or delete none at all, your choice), despite the fact that we have to win games. (Rather like the time Paul Fairclough was in charge a couple of seasons ago.... oh, hang on a sec.) A feeling of complete hopelessness at the final whistle, in fact well before the final whistle.

£8.50 to get in, direct trains from Waterloo, just over an hour's drive from Barnet, 132 away fans. If anything more aptly sums up the state of this football club, that's it. I have been at Carlisle on a freezing Tuesday night and there have been more Barnet than turned up tonight.
That's your embellished opinion of the game. Ridiculous exaggeration appears to be a favoured tactic of yours. :grrr:
Proud Sponsor of Luisma Villa Lopez's Football Conference Winning Away Shirt. Season 2014/15

Proud Winner of the Sponsor Marvin Armstrong Shirt Raffle 2023/24

Worlds best Prediction League player
First Half Only

John_c wrote:
Kidology wrote:.... was as awful and depressing as most of the season. We had a period of decent possession in the first half, created a couple of chances, nearly scored.... but didn't. Where have you heard that before? One up front, although Izale spent most of the game making vague half-hearted runs while Hughes and Marshall passed to the other team. A rancid, suicide-inducing parody of a second half in which we failed to produce a single effort on goal. Substitutions only made after they had scored and which included the utterly anonymous Midson and Fraser who both hardly touched the ball, and Taylor, who farcically came on for MacLeod in the last minute. A sending off for a debatable left back, who left the pitch so quickly, it looked like he was glad to be relieved of his duties. A failure to alter tactics, gears, ambitions, desire (delete where applicable or delete none at all, your choice), despite the fact that we have to win games. (Rather like the time Paul Fairclough was in charge a couple of seasons ago.... oh, hang on a sec.) A feeling of complete hopelessness at the final whistle, in fact well before the final whistle.

That's your embellished opinion of the game. Ridiculous exaggeration appears to be a favoured tactic of yours. :grrr:

Please say you are either joking or has lost the plot.

The team is a shambles admit it
CrawleyBee

some people are so deluded! And hang onto the 'oh we've been unlucky' every week. We are where we are because we deserve to be where we are, over the course of the season we have been the second worse team in the league.

We played ok football last night, but again wwe were toothless in front of goal, teams need one chance against us and usually score it! We need 5 or 6 chances to score one! Depressed!
Formerly Watfordbee
becbee

Re the away support. My daughter and I were at the original Aldershot fixture. We and my other daughter were at the evening matches at Southend and Wycombe. We just never miss local away matches. We didn't go last night. We didn't even listen to the first half on Barnet Player - although we did give in for the second half. Why? Because we have lost hope. I hope we can get the enthusiasm back to go to Burton and Gillingham - two "definates" when the fixture list came out . At the moment home matches seem ok because we've already paid for them and it's only a 7 mile drive home afterwards. Away matches seem like a waste of time, money and effort. Very sad.
John_Carp1

I boycotted on purpose, however I did go to the fixture which was abandoned due to fog. If the club isn't going to put out a team that can compete in this division, why should I bother wasting my time and money 'supporting' it? It takes two to tango.
Tony Kleanthous has not asked you your opinion on The Hive. This is because he doesn't care about your opinion. I think your opinion should matter.

Tony Kleanthous OUT.
Sam_BFC

watfordbee wrote:Stimson was appointed on the cheap
He was?
PBBee

becbee wrote:Re the away support. My daughter and I were at the original Aldershot fixture. We and my other daughter were at the evening matches at Southend and Wycombe. We just never miss local away matches. We didn't go last night. We didn't even listen to the first half on Barnet Player - although we did give in for the second half. Why? Because we have lost hope. I hope we can get the enthusiasm back to go to Burton and Gillingham - two "definates" when the fixture list came out . At the moment home matches seem ok because we've already paid for them and it's only a 7 mile drive home afterwards. Away matches seem like a waste of time, money and effort. Very sad.
Exactly the same as me mate. I went to the driving range last night and did not rush home to listen to it, I did listen to the 2nd half as well and the same reports as usual. ''Deserve to be in the lead, started really well, blah blah blah''.
John_c

First Half Only wrote:
John_c wrote:

Please say you are either joking or has lost the plot.

The team is a shambles admit it
I'm not saying it isn't. I'm commenting on the ridiculous exaggeration used about certain things last night.

"Izale spent most of the game making vague half-hearted runs..." no he didn't.
"Hughes and Marshall passed to the other team..." no they didn't.
"who farcically came on for MacLeod in the last minute" so you know why the sub was made?
"who left the pitch so quickly, it looked like he was glad to be relieved of his duties..." He got his 2nd yellow (no one knows what for) next to the tunnel, so he, er, walked down the tunnel.
"Rather like the time Paul Fairclough was in charge a couple of seasons ago.... oh, hang on a sec." It's as if you wanted PF to fail...

Don't go if it causes such despair!
Proud Sponsor of Luisma Villa Lopez's Football Conference Winning Away Shirt. Season 2014/15

Proud Winner of the Sponsor Marvin Armstrong Shirt Raffle 2023/24

Worlds best Prediction League player