January transfer window.... Ins and outs.

Anything and everything related to Barnet FC
hoppy

January transfer window.... Ins and outs.

It seems we may be signing central defensive cover (albeit loan) due to Nelsons injury. Will MA take the opportunity to offload some of our fringe players and bring in some new players?
I fear that Mauro may be one to go (I hope not). Rumours surround Akinde. Will we be able to hold on to Yids? Will we extend Clarke's loan?
Questions, questions,questions.
January could be a very interesting month.
MA SHOULD be very active. Doing nothing is not an option.
pgbee

Re: January transfer window.... Ins and outs.

We will do what we always do at this time - with the right investment in the squad, we can kick on as has often been the case in the past, and we do : sweet FA, because we have poor crowds and limited income.
Anthony

pgbee wrote:We will do what we always do at this time - with the right investment in the squad, we can kick on as has often been the case in the past, and we do : sweet FA, because we have poor crowds and limited income.
In the last window we added Gash and Clifford, without either of whom I think it would be safe to say we would have lost the league ( and probably the play offs too!)
pgbee

Anthony wrote:
pgbee wrote:We will do what we always do at this time - with the right investment in the squad, we can kick on as has often been the case in the past, and we do : sweet FA, because we have poor crowds and limited income.
In the last window we added Gash and Clifford, without either of whom I think it would be safe to say we would have lost the league ( and probably the play offs too!)
perhaps I should have said "in League 2"
ealingbee84

Doing nothing is not really an option in my view. Defensive cover is a must have. You cannot rely on putting Hoyte in central defense if there injuries or suspensions.
I would say a central midfielder but I think MA will stick with Weston.
Clarke will be down to Brentford, if they allow any extra time Barnet should accept it. If he leaves then a new winger is needed.
I worry McLean will go but I would like him to stay. I think he would like a full season so he can try and get a contract with someone in the Summer.
Yiadom should stay, I hope they don't sell him. He is one of our strongest and most consistent players and will be hard to replace.
Players like Mauro could easily go and could see Boreham Wood taking him on a free transfer. We are now stuck with Tomlinson, he has failed with 3 teams this season. Hoyte could go, if someone wants him.
The problem is I think Barnet will spend more time trying to get rid of players rather than keeping hold of or bringing in new players.
ninestein

We must sign a proper wide man and a centre back this Jan. And we need to tie down maclean for the rest of this season.
Barnet showing all the flair of Rupert-the-Bears trousers, but lots more style!
Anthony

pgbee wrote:
Anthony wrote:
perhaps I should have said "in League 2"
Well in league two - our history is usually that 'nothing' is the best outcome for us - we tend not to sell our best players until the summer, so ther is little need to add in jan. Its fair to say the last time we wer ein league two we didnt do much in jan, but we had a squad capable of staying up by then (additions of Oster, Stack and Stephens)
jerroll

We bought Tresor Kandol during the january window in 2006 and Clifford the statue in 2008 for cash and Hendo brought in Furlong, Lockwood and Bolasie during the 2009 which made a huge difference towards getting to safety comfortably that year.
letchbee94

It was Allen and Shreeves that got Hendon in back in 2002 on loan.
jerroll

letchbee94 wrote:It was Allen and Shreeves that got Hendon in back in 2002 on loan.
Hendo signed in december, think that was 2 seasons before the transfer window came in for us.
ninestein

Hendon signed us some proper players that January. They made a proper impact. Also Jake Cole came in on loan later on who made a difference. This is what we need. A couple of players who will impact on the side and make a noticable difference as opposed to more of the same.
Barnet showing all the flair of Rupert-the-Bears trousers, but lots more style!
Livibee

What we need are good additions to the first team and not more squad players - time to offload, if possible, those who are only squad players - we must use our limited resources wisely.
beew

According to the local paper MA has said that he will start playing some of the youth squad who are training with the first team. I'm expecting a few more to be shipped out on loan but only a CB in.
hoppy

Clovis Kamdjo has joined Borehamwood on a season long loan from FGR.
I would not have been disappointed if he had come back to us.
wearebees

Brentford say Clarke's loan not extended.
http://mobile.brentfordfc.co.uk/news/ar ... 83580.aspx

Will surely be looking to replace though.