Realistic Transfer Targets

Anything and everything related to Barnet FC
mcleod23

Realistic Transfer Targets

I thought I'd set the ball rolling over realistic transfer targets and players we would actually like (released from clubs):

Luke Prosser (CB)
Myles Weston (RM)
Johnny Mullins (CB)
X-Bumble

Re: Realistic Transfer Targets

What clubs were they at?
mcleod23

Prosser and Weston (Southend), Mullins (Oxford).
Tuesds

Didn't Prosser trial for us a few years ago, only for us to turn him down? I think his sister played for our women's team. I've kept half an eye on him since, and while he's been involved with a successful Southend squad, he never seemed to make a starting place his own for long.

To pluck another centre half's name out, Magnus Okuonghae would seem to be as likely a target as anyone, especially if Allen does hang around. We were in for him last summer, but Luton's deeper pockets won out over ours. I'm not sure what his fitness is like, because he didn't play a huge amount for Luton last season, but he was a regular at League One level with Colchester for years until last summer, is available (under contract, but on the transfer list) and, at 30, is not old for a centre half. With bags of football league experience and as a former captain of Colchester, someone like him would be an ideal candidate to replace Nelson, should the negotiations with him not prove fruitful.

Talking of players who've played for Colchester, Marvin Sordell has been released by them. He will no doubt be looking for a club who can pay more than us, as just a few years ago he was at Watford and then Bolton in the Premier League (think he was also in the GB Olympic Squad, wasn't he?). An interesting factor which might be relevant in his case is that he was brought up in Harrow, so he's a local boy as far as the Hive is concerned. Having been released from a relegated League One side, he might find that he'll do well to get offers from any bigger clubs than us. That's assuming we want someone who, while clearly very talented, has found his career on a steep downward trajectory...
jerroll

Prosser is another left footer( we chose to re-sign Daniel Leach over him in the summer of 2010) so wouldn't necessarily be compatable with Bira - on another note the club haven't confirmed what his injury at Crawley was, hopefully it wasn't anything too untoward. Myles Weston played for MA at Gillingham & is a decent player and Mullins is a solid CB back who knows how to get out of this division.
mcleod23

Not Magnus, he's poor as shown against us. Glad we didn't sign him last Summer.
anonbee

jerroll wrote:Prosser is another left footer( we chose to re-sign Daniel Leach over him in the summer of 2010) so wouldn't necessarily be compatable with Bira - on another note the club haven't confirmed what his injury at Crawley was, hopefully it wasn't anything too untoward. Myles Weston played for MA at Gillingham & is a decent player and Mullins is a solid CB back who knows how to get out of this division.
Unless his wage demands are unrealistic, I would be surprised if MA doesn't make a play for Myles Weston. He likes him and with Andy Yiadom gone, there's a slot on the right of midfield opened up...
John_c

Looks like Juan Mata will be moving on. I expect nothing less after the price increase.
Proud Sponsor of Luisma Villa Lopez's Football Conference Winning Away Shirt. Season 2014/15

Proud Winner of the Sponsor Marvin Armstrong Shirt Raffle 2023/24

Worlds best Prediction League player
foxy

John_c wrote:Looks like Juan Mata will be moving on. I expect nothing less after the price increase.
:y: :y: :y: :y: :y: :y: :y: :y:
John_c

foxy wrote:
John_c wrote:Looks like Juan Mata will be moving on. I expect nothing less after the price increase.
:y: :y: :y: :y: :y: :y: :y: :y:
:hi:
Proud Sponsor of Luisma Villa Lopez's Football Conference Winning Away Shirt. Season 2014/15

letchbee94

I doubt it John.
John_c

letchbee94 wrote:
I doubt it John.
Okay, sorry. Michael Carrick.

foxy

John_c wrote:
letchbee94 wrote:
I doubt it John.
Okay, sorry. Michael Carrick.
Does John's second suggestion bring cause for Optimism Emery????
hobbitbee

Michael Carrick? Maybe as a squad player. Could be useful if Curtis gets a knock.
WelwynBee

I heard the only reason Nani isn't coming is because we couldn't guarantee getting his full name on the back of the shirt.