Apswach (Hive) The Dismembered Match Thread?

Anything and everything related to Barnet FC
Bee_Forever

Apswach (Hive) The Dismembered Match Thread?

So..... Wednesday sees the bees returning to friendly action against the tractor boys from up the A12.

After two encouraging away fixtures it will be interesting to see how the Bees cope with higher level opponents.

With Wetherspoons Stanmore closed Harvester is sure to a tractor few away fans with the Combine Harvester deal still on the table or failing that, the old MacDonalds in Edgware. It is certain that this game will sort the wheat from the chaff in terms of our signings, with a fair few farmed out on loan/transfer depending on how pre-season goes.

Another interesting factor will be how many Barnet fans come to the Hive after the rise in membership prices. This is a free game for members and presumably the new ID Cards will be in place for this one.

Although I chose to accept the impressive price hike to my membership, I will be giving this one a swerve as preseason games at the Hive do not appeal to me.

In terms of team news, expect to see a similar team to the one which started at Cheshunt.

--------------------------------Stack-----------------------------

--Pearson--------Nelson---------Dembele------Johnson------

---Nicholls-------Weston-----Watson------Gambin-----------

-------------------Gash-------Akinde----------------------------

COYBS!
John Hunt

Re: Apswach (Hive) The Dismembered Match Thread?

Ah Cranners I was looking forward to your Bedfont and Feltham thread!
FCBFCSA Manager / Former committee member of BFCSA and BFCSA1926
ninestein

According to MA Muggleton and Pearson probably won't play until Saturday as a precaution, but Akpa-Akpro is due to start against Ipswich.
Barnet showing all the flair of Rupert-the-Bears trousers, but lots more style!
GenkiDev

Just playing devils advocate here. But I noticed in one of the other threads things were getting pretty heated with regards to what is considered racism, xenophobia etc.

Being an Ipswich lad, it pains me to read such pathetic mickey taking out of our accents, and the equally pathetic use of stale stereotypes about farming and tractors.

Can we stop being so countyist please? It's 2016. There is no place for such low life countyist behaviour in this day and age. You all disgust me.

:y: :bash: :y:

Honestly, this is what peoples argument sound like when humour is wrongly mistaken. Humour is an opposite of hate, strange how people can read things and apply meaning that is not intended.

Anyway jokes aside, COYB's - we can beat these sleepy Suffolkers! :D
Bee_Forever

Ha ha. Apologies i am a bit of a naaarwich fan so have a bit of ill feeling towards apswach.

Tbf they do call themselves the tractor boys :D
kingpinfid

Anyone who has been out in Ipswich recently knows that the hillbilly farmer stereotype is outdated - they're all burberry wearing chavs in modified Fords now!
mcleod23

From Allen's interview, Pearson out and Akpa Akpro in.

Looking forward to seeing the three new players and perhaps a trialist or two.
GenkiDev

kingpinfid wrote:Anyone who has been out in Ipswich recently knows that the hillbilly farmer stereotype is outdated - they're all burberry wearing chavs in modified Fords now!
Yes, pretty much this, or... Anyone that's gone out recently in Ipswich should have gone to Colchester or Norwich!
WinchyBee

For members who haven't got their new photo ID card, but have still had the direct debit coming out of their account all summer, do you think we'll be able to tap the card upon entrance and get free admission?
timbee

WinchyBee wrote:For members who haven't got their new photo ID card, but have still had the direct debit coming out of their account all summer, do you think we'll be able to tap the card upon entrance and get free admission?
I've just emailed the club/Hive to ask more or less the same question - and to see if they are issuing new cards this evening. When/if I get a response I'll post it here.
Look up, look up, look up now,
It's a long way down
2002-3 Prediction League Champion
timbee

timbee wrote:
WinchyBee wrote:For members who haven't got their new photo ID card, but have still had the direct debit coming out of their account all summer, do you think we'll be able to tap the card upon entrance and get free admission?
I've just emailed the club/Hive to ask more or less the same question - and to see if they are issuing new cards this evening. When/if I get a response I'll post it here.
And a very quick response from the club:

If you come slightly earlier today we can print out your new card while you wait.
Until your new card has been printed your old card will work . They will continue to work only for a short period.
Look up, look up, look up now,
It's a long way down
2002-3 Prediction League Champion
WinchyBee

timbee wrote:
timbee wrote:
And a very quick response from the club:

If you come slightly earlier today we can print out your new card while you wait.
Until your new card has been printed your old card will work . They will continue to work only for a short period.

Thanks, Timbee :hi:
ninestein

Stack, Johnson, N'Gala, Nelson, H Taylor, Weston, Watson, Gambinho, Togwell, AA, Akinde
ninestein

0-0 at HT. We've tested their keeper a couple of times. Gambin looks sharp. Watson looks a decent player. Akpa Akpro will win us our fair share of free kicks as he draws fouls. Ipswich have only created one clear cut chance which Stack saved one on one. Looking forward to seeing Nicholls and Gash getting on in the 2nd half.
Workerbee

FT Barnet 1-0 Ipswich

Akinde (pen) 68 mins

Crowd - 803