New Manager Possibilities

Anything and everything related to Barnet FC
#Beebot

Re: New Manager Possibilities

John10 wrote:I met Eames when he was a coach at Chesham reserves in 2011. Nice guy, knows his coaching like most of the coachs qualified to his standard but managing is different.

Stevenage's Darren Sarll has been compared by one or two but personally I don't think they can be compared yet. Sarll was/is seen as giving a young guy a chance but look at the different in career path and Sarll's only a couple of years older.

Sarll -
Non league player
Non league coach
Stevenage academy / Stevenage 16-19 college coach
Youth Team Manager Brentford FC
Head of Youth - Rotheram FC
Head of Academy - Stevenage FC
Assistant Coach - Stevenage FC
Manager - Stevenage fc

Eames -
Chesham Reserves - Player
Uni-
Chesham Reserves assistant coach
Barnet Academy

There's a fairly big different and it suggests Eames would need much more groundwork to really be considered seriously for a management role at this level. That's not to say he's not a good coach or couldn't steer the ship for a while but he has never struck me as someone who has that wow factor to be fast tracked as a manager.

Has anyone mentioned our good friend Stephen Constantine (India National Team Manager) I believe his contract is up soon and he hasn't signed a new one according to Google. LOL he's a good manager and I rate him but can't be bothered to read the who is he vs he's the messiah debates again!
Are their career paths really that different, aside from Sarll's playing career? Eames has done pretty much the same jobs as Sarll, he's just done them all at Barnet while Sarll has bounced around several clubs.