New Manager Possibilities

Anything and everything related to Barnet FC
Norfolkbee

Re: New Manager Possibilities

Davids was a perfectionist, who set himself and others very high standards. Unfortunately, at League 2/Conference levels, players, referees etc don't tend to be at this high standard. You could tell that Davids was frustrated by this on many occasions. Unfortunately, towards the end he allowed this to bubble over and subsequently his standards slipped to such a degree that it was embarrassing. There was probably also an element of frustration that he could no longer be the player he once was.
mcleod23

Betting on next Barnet manager has been suspended on sky bet.
jonbonbaby

Kenny jackett
ninestein

mcleod23 wrote:Betting on next Barnet manager has been suspended on sky bet.
I just noticed that as well...
Barnet showing all the flair of Rupert-the-Bears trousers, but lots more style!
beew

jonbonbaby wrote:Kenny jackett
Don't think you'd find anyone against his appointment but I suspect it'd be the current incumbents who will also be welcomed. Got to admit I'm gobsmacked at the current additions and really am upbeat on our progress. A new phase in our history is beckoning.
ninestein

Jackett now 4/6 on with bet victor. Strange that sky bet have pulled the entire thing.
Itai-bee

ninestein wrote:Jackett now 4/6 on with bet victor. Strange that sky bet have pulled the entire thing.
Wow,If it's true that the bookies are giving 4/6 on Jackett.They don't get it wrong very often.
What a statement that will be by Barnet and what a way to start the year if true.
fingers crossed.
GRH

ninestein wrote:Jackett now 4/6 on with bet victor. Strange that sky bet have pulled the entire thing.
Shortened to 1/3 now.
letchbee94

I don't get why both Eames and Newman have to give interviews, I thought Eames was the interim manager so lets just here from him.
becbee

letchbee94 wrote:I don't get why both Eames and Newman have to give interviews, I thought Eames was the interim manager so lets just here from him.
Maybe because Newman interviews better?
ninestein

Newman does seem more at ease in front of the camera. Always comes across as a glass half full type of person. Rossi seems more quiet and reserved. I still see a bit of Graz in him.

I think the club should hold off on any announcement until after the Plymouth game. Give these two the chance to grab a result in front of our own fans and let us show our appreciation for what they've done. When it comes to the main man being announced, we'll have 2 weeks to drum up interest in his home debut and we may see a decent gate against Donny.
peterstebbings

Not necessarily saying he is like this with the players, but Rossi does not give the best impression in front of the camera -- comes across as sour-faced, dour and humourless. Anyone have any idea if that is just a thing for the cameras or is he actually a bit like this all the time?
antbfc

peterstebbings wrote:Not necessarily saying he is like this with the players, but Rossi does not give the best impression in front of the camera -- comes across as sour-faced, dour and humourless. Anyone have any idea if that is just a thing for the cameras or is he actually a bit like this all the time?
Imagine his team talks!! :D :D Must be like Alan Bennett.
beew

Just heard that Neil Ardley and Kenny Jackett are good friends and did some of their coaching badges together. Ardley signed Tutondra to the Cardiff achedemy in 2012 before he left for the Dons. Just more speculation of course.
letchbee94

becbee wrote:
letchbee94 wrote:I don't get why both Eames and Newman have to give interviews, I thought Eames was the interim manager so lets just here from him.
Maybe because Newman interviews better?
Eames seems ok to me, nothing against Newman but Eames has been given the title as Interim manager so I just want to hear what he has to say.