MCB

Re: Stadium Expansion

Oh my holy guacamole.

ccollis_869

hgbee wrote:Out of five letters of objection:
- 2 are from the same person
- one says fans are neo nazis
- one is from Bob Blackman and gives no reason of objection!

I can’t see it not being passed!
One said his family are unable to communicate in the garden without shouting due to the noise!!!! I manage just fine inside the ground haha apparently its unbearable
Mikel Bee

ninestein wrote:That's come about all of a sudden...
Do we know what that legal agreement is likely to be?

I noticed that the plans were submitted in two separate entities. One was for the Hive Foundation, which encompasses the new South Stand, conversion of the East to standing and increase in capacity. The other application relates to the academy to include the indoor sports hall facilities.
The two agreements appear to be
1) If attendances reach 4,000 more than 3 times in one season, the club will pay £50k towards the set up of a CPZ around the Hive and/or make necessary road improvements.
2)Local schools and community groups will get priority booking during off peak hours and discounted rates for use of the new sports facilities.
hoofer2

Since the move to the Hive, it's great to see more Jewish and Asian families riding the wave that is a Barnet season.

I am sure that a certain objection can be swatted with the guffaw it deserves by our new fans !
hoppy

Mikel Bee wrote:
ninestein wrote:That's come about all of a sudden...
Do we know what that legal agreement is likely to be?

I noticed that the plans were submitted in two separate entities. One was for the Hive Foundation, which encompasses the new South Stand, conversion of the East to standing and increase in capacity. The other application relates to the academy to include the indoor sports hall facilities.
The two agreements appear to be
1) If attendances reach 4,000 more than 3 times in one season, the club will pay £50k towards the set up of a CPZ around the Hive and/or make necessary road improvements.
2)Local schools and community groups will get priority booking during off peak hours and discounted rates for use of the new sports facilities.
I can't see there being a problem with the schools and community groups. We as a club should be encouraging as much use of the new facilities as possible.
As for the attendance stipulation, again, no problem, assuming we can use the Stan Flashman method of counting.
ccollis_869

hoofer2 wrote:

Since the move to the Hive, it's great to see more Jewish and Asian families riding the wave that is a Barnet season.

I am sure that a certain objection can be swatted with the guffaw it deserves by our new fans !
I noticed this towards the end of last season and it was nice to feel like the local area where starting to support the club a bit more.

For some of course the arrival of Harrogate and Bromley next season will be met with dread as the noise from our "neo-nazi hooligans" will be even more unbearable!
eastbarnetsupporter

Some of them complaints are beyond a joke. I think some of them might be mentally unstable.

The benefits the Hive has brought to that boring dreary suburban part of London are ridiculously high.

Sure, the roads are busy for an hour before and after the game but surely the majority of locals can see the massive benefits outweigh this 2 hours every 2 weeks issue.

Regarding the noise, I've been late a few times coming in and wouldn't even know there was a game going on from the outside half the time.
BeeBoi1980

I had more objections to my wanting to install bi-fold doors at the back of my house.
LoudmouthBFC

What will the new stand be called once it's built ?
BeesKnees

Its hard to see that there is grounds for a justified complaint. The academy building and car park will shield residents from noise. The south stand encloses the ground and keeps crowd noise and light pollution in.

Most of it is scaremongering that we will magic up an extra few thousand fans. Host big sporting events and all night raves.
ccollis_869

BeesKnees wrote:Its hard to see that there is grounds for a justified complaint. The academy building and car park will shield residents from noise. The south stand encloses the ground and keeps crowd noise and light pollution in.

Most of it is scaremongering that we will magic up an extra few thousand fans. Host big sporting events and all night raves.
I'm also not sure why they think the new stand is going to increase our attendances......
MCB

Has anyone been to one of the 24/7 parties The Hive hosts?

Are they any good? I never seem to get invited.

hoofer2

LoudmouthBFC wrote:What will the new stand be called once it's built ?
BRASS banned stand
Last edited by hoofer2 on 30 May 2018, 12:06, edited 1 time in total.
ETBee

On current trends the stand will be called The Bee Part Time Territorial Army slightly on the Spectrum Stand.
ninestein

In years gone by some of the objections against our proposals at Copthall and South Underhill would have been hard to accept.
However, some of this is just pure comedy.

It looks like tonight is more of a formaility. The planning officer has recommended approving both sets of plans subject to legal conditions. They are based on the traffic impact proposals being introduced, and making the sports hall and South Stand facilities open to the community for so many hours a year at off peak times. Nothing sinister in there... we're a community club and this should give us the tools to reach out a lot more. The only thing which might affect car users is the stipulation that on-site parking for matchdays becomes pre-booked to avoid people turning up on the off-chance of a space, being turned away and clogging up the entrance.

Whilst we all want our focus to be on the 1st team and getting back into the FL, it's pleasing that this is looking like coming to a positive conclusion. If granted, I can see work starting next summer, hopefully after our promotion party at the last home game!
Barnet showing all the flair of Rupert-the-Bears trousers, but lots more style!