Stadium Expansion

Anything and everything related to Barnet FC
Milkfloat

Re: Stadium Expansion

Although its still sensible to keep the Council on side, this is a very different situation. We now already have a decent stadium so its not quite so critical that it all goes through.
OB1
Location: Formerly Block C Underhill - Now block E East stand The Hive

Milkfloat wrote:Although its still sensible to keep the Council on side, this is a very different situation. We now already have a decent stadium so its not quite so critical that it all goes through.
This post is far too sensible.
Prediction League Champion 2019/2020
ninestein

We have permission for the west extension so even if this does all get knocked back we stilk have very good facilities and can still host league 1 football.
Barnet showing all the flair of Rupert-the-Bears trousers, but lots more style!
BeesKnees

OB1 wrote:
Milkfloat wrote:Although its still sensible to keep the Council on side, this is a very different situation. We now already have a decent stadium so its not quite so critical that it all goes through.
This post is far too sensible.
If we had planning permission for the North stand and Bar 66 then I'd agree. This seems more important than further development.
RichardM

I don't think Tony Kleanthous would agree with you.
TorME

Nice summary here, but nothing new:
http://stadiumdb.com/news/2017/07/londo ... grand_plan
ninestein

At the Bar66 launch evening TK said that these plans had already been submitted to the council, but I still can't see them on the Harrow Website. Has anyone else managed to find them?
BeesKnees

ninestein wrote:At the Bar66 launch evening TK said that these plans had already been submitted to the council, but I still can't see them on the Harrow Website. Has anyone else managed to find them?
Not that I can see.

This is the last thing on the harrow website I can find

4th July 2017
"The North stand (as constructed on site) and the associated air conditioning
units do not benefit from planning permission. This has been passed to the
Planning Enforcement Team for investigation. "
barnetpete

Would think more likely the planners at the council have been presented with the plans for discussion prior to putting in the formal planning application.
Please consider donating, to help disadvantaged Children & Young People in Barnet, https://www.youngbarnetfoundation.org.uk/donate,
Mikel Bee

Formal applications now in.

P/2764/17 & P/2763/17

No surprises from what we've already been told. Stadium to roughly 8,500 with new South Stand and attached commercial facilities, East Stand to become terracing, new car park and indoor training facilities for higher academy status. Also a fairly interesting travel study attached which maps where a lot of our support travel from.
Attachments
obj(2).pdf
Travel Assessment
(22.49 MiB) Downloaded 1258 times
talldarkslim

This stadium will be the pride of the national league
ninestein

Now now...
BeesKnees

Mikel Bee wrote:Formal applications now in.

P/2764/17 & P/2763/17

No surprises from what we've already been told. Stadium to roughly 8,500 with new South Stand and attached commercial facilities, East Stand to become terracing, new car park and indoor training facilities for higher academy status. Also a fairly interesting travel study attached which maps where a lot of our support travel from.
Thanks for sharing,
I'm a bit dubious of the claims of existing supporters and find it hard to believe 50% travel alone and by car, if so that's fairly shameful and the club should assist in a car sharing scheme if they can.

Some documents have been with the council since June, which suggests a lot of discussion has taken place.
PBBee

Thanks for sharing Mikel.

"The following measures are set out in the existing Travel Plan to promote sustainable travel by supports on Matchdays:

-Car Parking Restrictions - car parking is reserved until 2:30 for registered parking members. After 2:30 both Barnet FC supports & visiting supports an park onsite for £5 per match. This encourages many of those who drive to arrive early therefore spreading the peak."

Surely that does exactly the opposite & makes everyone turn up after 2:30 ie a massive surge. Only a small percentage of fans are registered parking members.
MCB

Trying to work out which document shows the new terracing. Hoping this becomes my new home...

Anyone? I've gone through a lot of them!