Pecking Order

Anything and everything related to Barnet FC
MCB

Re: Pecking Order

Does Graz's - sorry - Legends - get used outside of Barnet FC / London Bees games?

Is there anyone out there who would be upset to lose draught beer if they were faced with a bottle only bar - if it meant getting served much quicker? I wouldn't - but don't know if there are people who would :?:
JWTBee

MCB wrote:Does Graz's - sorry - Legends - get used outside of Barnet FC / London Bees games?

Is there anyone out there who would be upset to lose draught beer if they were faced with a bottle only bar - if it meant getting served much quicker? I wouldn't - but don't know if there are people who would :?:
What about the Guinness? That's the only drink that is passable most of the time.I'm a real ale drinker & would be happy with bottled real ales as an alternative.
I love Luisma & really miss his skils!
Darrenp77

The fast pour system either needs to be looked at by Heinekein, to see if there is a fault or needs to go. No one seems to serve at the end till anyway, so make that a pouring station and have two people just pouring from 1.45 onwards, then starting again at 3.30 for the half time rush.

Surely bottles beers/ales are the way to go. Swindon offered PINT Bottles of Carling and at £3.70 a bottle, so on par with your average pint cost
barnetpete

JWTBee wrote:
What about the Guinness? That's the only drink that is passable most of the time.I'm a real ale drinker & would be happy with bottled real ales as an alternative.

I won't touch the Guinness anymore, both sides of the ground it comes out like water so never bother with it. Again, could serve in bottles.
Please consider donating, to help disadvantaged Children & Young People in Barnet, https://www.youngbarnetfoundation.org.uk/donate,
BeeBoi1980

JWTBee wrote:
MCB wrote:Does Graz's - sorry - Legends - get used outside of Barnet FC / London Bees games?

Yeah Guinness should speed things up :whistle:
JWTBee

BeeBoi1980 wrote:
JWTBee wrote:

Yeah Guinness should speed things up :whistle:
It could of course be pre-poured! But obviously nobody has thought of that! Perhaps they should try going to Dublin to see how it's done!
Milkfloat

Many big grounds have pre-poured as well as rugger grounds. The one issue could be that the level of custom is not quite at the level at Barnet....
JWTBee

Milkfloat wrote:Many big grounds have pre-poured as well as rugger grounds. The one issue could be that the level of custom is not quite at the level at Barnet....
So pre-pour less!?
letchbee94

Did those that emailed the club get a reply out of interest?
jerroll

letchbee94 wrote:Did those that emailed the club get a reply out of interest?
nope but not surprised!
letchbee94

Ok, well lets hope they may still reply to those who took the time to give club feed back.
Reckless

Getting Feed Back on getting your food back! English language is fun sometimes.
We never had this problem with the old faithful crusty cheese rolls and tea in enamel cups #livinginthepast
Reckless

Getting Feed Back on getting your food back! English language is fun sometimes.
We never had this problem with the old faithful crusty cheese rolls and tea in enamel cups #livinginthepast
Jimbokav1971

As an ex Pub Manager I would advise against ever drinking draft in an outlet like the Hive which only operates once or twice a week. The Main bar is a little different if it's getting used every day, but you really need to give the draught a miss in the other bars.

Guinness especially can be rubbish if it isn't pulled through regularly. Most Guinness drinkers I know going into a bar that they don't frequent regularly will look on the tables/bars for Guinness BEFORE ordering their pint. If you can see someone else drinking the black stuff then give it a go. If nobody else is already drinking it then I'm afraid that you should give it a swerve and order something else.

I considered offering my services free of charge a few years ago when the Hive had just opened and it looked like they needed the help but for whatever reason I never got around to it. The problem is that they are trying to run the operations as if they are pubs/restaurants, (or not as the case may be), and they need to be run completely differently and even the customers need to be treated differently.

You need to plan ahead effectively and then you need to carry-out the plan and make tweaks week on week as things work and others don't. You also want to make tnings as easy as possible for staff and customers alike, while at the same time maximizing the income potential. The more whatever yuo serve, the more £ you take and the more profit you make. Better service equals positive word of mouth and repeat business.

Bottles, (plastic bottles at that is the way to go and you will soon find a happy medium between price going of product going up and customer waiting times and dissatisfaction levels going down. There are some decent bottled ales available now that might be more expensive than the draught, but at least you know what you are getting. It's quick and easy and while I'm on the subject, do away with everything except £1 and 50p prices. Someone mentioned a £3.65 or £3.85 pint in this thread. Balls to that. £3.50 or £4. Stop fannying about. If it's too expensive people won't buy it but £4 for decent service is better than £3.65 for poor service. The amount of wastage that will be going on with draught is going to be ridiculous in a set-up like this.

It's exactly the same for the food. Don't attempt to deliver something that is beyond your means and fail at it. Keep it simple and bang it out and then when you have got that down to a fine art on matchdays then slowly add to the offer. Encourage early business, (not opening until 6 is madness during the week). Look at how other businesses do it and learn from them. I've done lots of "pop-up" "event bars" and to start off I used to find them really hard work and stressful. In the end I loved them and it was all about planning and preparation, (like a lot of things). Know what you want to sell, cater for that specifically and make sure you are damn good at flogging it when the heat is on. Don't fanny about with niceties. Just do the nitty gritty and do it well.

TK is a good businessman and this is an area that I'm astonished that he has let fail for so long. It reflects really poorly on him and the club. He probably has someone with restaurant experience but what they are lacking in is special event experience and event bar experiences. We don't have all night every day to et peoples money. We have a couple or 3 hours a couple of times a week and we need to be better at taking it and making it.
antbfc wrote:
"He owes everyone a naked run... His opinion is invalid"
Norfolk & Chance

Reckless wrote:Getting Feed Back on getting your food back! English language is fun sometimes.

The past is a nicer placer than the present.
Trouble is, that's always the case.