Fuad Sule!!!

Anything and everything related to Barnet FC
northantsbee

Re: Fuad Sule!!!

John_c wrote:Not sure where you've been for the last few years but he wasn't the only one we wasted money on...

Sent from my SM-N960F using Tapatalk
I blame Costas
Going Indieground 7pm Tuesday, https://www.madwaspradio.com/
DerekRocholl

Stuart wrote:As I've said several times he's good and was one of the most impressive players in the the league in Ireland

I can't understand why he's not on the bench at least, unless he's got an attitude issue or is poor in training. His size for the role he can play is not that significant.
From the small amount I have seen of Fuad he really didn't look like someone who was going to make much of an impression. It is quite hard to understand why the club made such hard work of signing him.
Mem Beespod

I’ve seen very little of Sule but what I have seen is somebody quick over the first 5 metres. Our midfield at present is pretty one paced and struggle to get in to close down the opposition quickly enough.

Our midfield under Eames was designed to hunt in packs and force turnovers rather than slide into big tackles.I would guess that RE signed Sule as he wanted somebody that would close down quickly. It’s potentially also the reason Rossi didn’t fancy Sweeney who’s not the quickest over the first few yards.
BeesPod - Best in Non League podcast 2023
https://linktr.ee/beespod

Member of Bring Barnet Back campaign.

https://www.facebook.com/profile.php?id=61557502963938
DerekRocholl

Mr Smart wrote:I’ve seen very little of Sule but what I have seen is somebody quick over the first 5 metres. Our midfield at present is pretty one paced and struggle to get in to close down the opposition quickly enough.

Our midfield under Eames was designed to hunt in packs and force turnovers rather than slide into big tackles.I would guess that RE signed Sule as he wanted somebody that would close down quickly. It’s potentially also the reason Rossi didn’t fancy Sweeney who’s not the quickest over the first few yards.
That makes a lot of sense. I guess it means with Still at the helm there isn’t much chance of us seeing if Sule could have done that job?
Last edited by DerekRocholl on 29 Aug 2018, 06:00, edited 1 time in total.
peterstebbings

Not sure that’s fair. Who said he’s happy about it?

BEEGONE wrote:We signed him because the club was a bigger mess at the time.

A youth team manger and a head of recruitment who was next to useless

Add a chairman who wanted to take a hand off approach and we are now left with a huge playing squad of players who arnt good enough. Fuad Sule Included who seems to have settles into a comfortable life of not playing, picking up his cash and laughing all the way to the bank. Waste of our time, waste of his time too.
BEEGONE

Mr Smart wrote:I’ve seen very little of Sule but what I have seen is somebody quick over the first 5 metres. Our midfield at present is pretty one paced and struggle to get in to close down the opposition quickly enough.

Cracking bit of analysis that :hi:
Norfolkbee

I doubt we will see Sule in a first team shirt. I actually feel quite sorry for the lad. It was obvious that Rossi wanted him last summer and James Whatsisname missed the boat after the deal had been agreed.
The transfer went ahead as soon as business opened in January, but this was right at the height of the managerial mayhem. He was definitely not an MA kind of player and I suspect the same applies with JS. My only surprise was that he never got any real look in soon after he arrived when we were really struggling under GW.
It looks to be 12/18 months of his career wasted on, what for him, seemed to be a dream move into EFL football.
Agewills

As mentioned before, if MA can come in and find loan deals for players in a matter of days, why can't JS? Surely we have a least 3 or 4 players, Sule included, who could just be sent out on loan so they are at least getting some football. Seems like he's never gonna play for us, but he could at least get some game time while we are paying his wages? Granted MA's loan moves were towards the end of the season, but surely JS has enough contacts in lower league football to get some out the door?
northantsbee

Being short is no reason not to play him, the short midfielder for Harrogate ran the show when we played them. If it is JS tactics to play hoofball and by-passing the midfield then Sule isn't going to get a sniff of the first team. Rossi preferred a team that could play football, not one that just hoofs it to a static donkey.
Going Indieground 7pm Tuesday, https://www.madwaspradio.com/
UnderhillStackSave

Football as we all know is a game of opinions. Different styles, players all depend on what the manager fancies and wants. Look at Jamal Lowe showed potential under Robson, then Edgar and Allen said no, he took time in the lower leagues and suddenly now is probably one of the best forwards in league 1. As a club we will see players who come and go, some managers/coaches/fans will not fancy them, like he see now, some will make it some won't. This is football guys, I'm sure if Sule was on the pitch he would give his all regardless of what he earns.
shankbee01

UnderhillStackSave wrote:Football as we all know is a game of opinions. Different styles, players all depend on what the manager fancies and wants. Look at Jamal Lowe showed potential under Robson, then Edgar and Allen said no, he took time in the lower leagues and suddenly now is probably one of the best forwards in league 1. As a club we will see players who come and go, some managers/coaches/fans will not fancy them, like he see now, some will make it some won't. This is football guys, I'm sure if Sule was on the pitch he would give his all regardless of what he earns.
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
SteveBee99

Has now gone on loan to Larne FC until February.
#Beebot

SteveBee99 wrote:Has now gone on loan to Larne FC until February.
That's a horrible move for him. They're an NI second tier club. The top flight over there is no better than NL South standard, so I hate to think what the second tier is like. Logistically it would probably have been easier to send him to Wingate or Potters Bar. Probably a higher standard of football too!
Norfolkbee

You have to feel sorry for him really. He seemed over the moon to get his chance in the EFL. He joined us with a decent reputation in Ireland, but never got the chance to show what he could do, even when Barnet were really struggling. Seems none of the army of managers was willing to take a punt on him, even when it was obvious that our midfield was total pants. I guess he was collateral damage of all the strange goings-on at the club since summer 2017.
mcleod23

Hopefully frees up wages to bring a loan in now.