Dan Sweeney

Anything and everything related to Barnet FC
hoofer2

Re: Dan Sweeney

ETBee wrote:Sadly I think it highly unlikely that he'll be with us next season. Why would he stay if a League 2 or 1 team came calling? He's clearly made an impression as listening to away commentaries show. Given some higher level coaching he could be a star, especially as he seems to have reduced the number of silly decisions he used to make. Lincoln?
I am a glass half full on this. From Sweeney's point of view previous managers did not have faith in his abilities. Why would you sign a long term contract if there was no guarantee you'll play. He has had a full season now, is popular with the fans so may be more confident to sign a deal this time round.

That said...if Santos and Reynolds are fit, would that potentially make Sweeney 3rd choice centre half? Then in midfield, would Sweeney be first choice if Boucard and Jack Taylor are fit?
MCB

Sweeney is the best DM we've got.
He's the best CM we've got.

Although, as yet unproven, it's probably fair to see:
He's the best GK we've got.
He's the best striker we've got.
He's the best manager we've got
He's the best groundsman we've got.
He's the best chairman we've got.

Why havn't we used the Underhill money to sign him up to a 10 year contract? Just give him a blank cheque as a signing on fee, and let's get on with winning the league by a record amount next year with Sweeney playing wherever he wants.
jamesharpin1

Agree with the point above. I think a fit santos and Reynolds are both better than Sweeney. And I’m not sure he’d get in our midfield. Will be a loss when he goes but not irreplaceable
BEE428

MCB wrote:Sweeney is the best DM we've got.
He's the best CM we've got.

Although, as yet unproven, it's probably fair to see:
He's the best GK we've got.
He's the best striker we've got.
He's the best manager we've got
He's the best groundsman we've got.
He's the best chairman we've got.

Why havn't we used the Underhill money to sign him up to a 10 year contract? Just give him a blank cheque as a signing on fee, and let's get on with winning the league by a record amount next year with Sweeney playing wherever he wants.
Would be interesting to see him play centre forward
Prediction League Champion 2012/13 & 2013/14
beew

I heard on Saturday that he’d turned down a move to Carlisle.
mcleod23

Come on he's better than Reynolds. He's been largely poor this season, something Sweeney has not.

The man is a beast. He's a character and plays with passion. We need him in our team.
john dockers shorts

mcleod23 wrote:Come on he's better than Reynolds. He's been largely poor this season, something Sweeney has not.

The man is a beast. He's a character and plays with passion. We need him in our team.
I'm better than calum Reynolds
beew

john dockers shorts wrote:
mcleod23 wrote:Come on he's better than Reynolds. He's been largely poor this season, something Sweeney has not.

Last few games have showed Reynolds is a good player. Can’t understand what’s caused the turn around in his form.
MCB

beew wrote:
Last few games have showed Reynolds is a good player. Can’t understand what’s caused the turn around in his form.
Judging by the timing, it's either Darren Currie or Nitrous Oxide.
pletch99

Just built up a bit of confidence.
pgbee

beew wrote:
john dockers shorts wrote:

The need to be employed next season?
ETBee

I've not seen a live game for a month but on the Eastleigh highlights it looks as though Sweeney has had his haircut. Sure sign of job interviews coming up. He'll be buying a new suit next.
pokal02

I'm not sure there will be a clutch of higher-ranked clubs keen to sign him. He's probably not young enough to have his propensity for Cruyff turns in his own box coached out of him, and I'll be amazed if he doesn't pick up at least 2 red cards next season wherever he is.

I'd still like to keep him though.
amberforever

Surely has to be one of the names near the top of the “to be retained” list.
jerroll

amberforever wrote:Surely has to be one of the names near the top of the “to be retained” list.
Irrelevant if he os out of contract he will leave on his own accord!