Mo Bettamer

Anything and everything related to Barnet FC
BeesKnees99

Re: Mo Bettamer

Agree. Expecting him to bag next game.

Who would be his best strike partner though?
#Beebot

433 Tarpey - Mo - Shaq
To bee or not to bee

Surprised Shaq didn’t come on as he always seems to make an impact as a sub. Wouldn’t start him though. People seem to be being quite harsh on Lord Byron. I for one thought he was starting to look quite good til the ‘curse of Barnet’ struck. Thought Mo did well and will hopefully get better with more time with the team.
Jon83

Would like to see Mo & Tarpey given a go for a couple of games. Coulthirst first sub and Walker as a last resort (assuming all fit). Heard suggestions today that Barham is off on loan somewhere. For me, he's looked much better than Walker.
Letsbeehavinyou

To bee or not to bee wrote:Surprised Shaq didn’t come on as he always seems to make an impact as a sub. Wouldn’t start him though. People seem to be being quite harsh on Lord Byron. I for one thought he was starting to look quite good til the ‘curse of Barnet’ struck. Thought Mo did well and will hopefully get better with more time with the team.
Was watching shaq in the warm up and he just didn’t seem right his head was down every strike he took he scuffed wide or straight at the keeper just seemed like a guy who didn’t want to be there today and of course with the family issues he’s had I could understand that so it really didn’t surprise me that he didn’t come on, tarpey however was baffling why he wasn’t used.
mcleod23

Shaq is always like that in the warm ups. Seems a quiet, serious bloke.
ETBee

I thought Mo had a good debut, looked strong and quick. Looked to have a good attitude too. Fitted in well especially considering he had only joined us a couple of days ago. I think his best pairing would be with Tarpey or Barham but he could also work well with Wes, linking up from midfield. I can't remember seeing him head the ball. Just hope he doesn't fade like so many other new signings who start well.

I can't be as keen on Shaq as many on this board. He spends far too much time with his back to a defender and just falls over. In the Maidstone game the ref had enough and booked him for diving (outside the box). Because he plays with his back to the goal there's no forward movement.

Walker has plenty of pace and strength and made a couple of good runs yesterday and got in crosses. He needs to practice his shooting though.
rudebwoyben

ETBee wrote:I thought Mo had a good debut, looked strong and quick. Looked to have a good attitude too. Fitted in well especially considering he had only joined us a couple of days ago. I think his best pairing would be with Tarpey or Barham but he could also work well with Wes, linking up from midfield. I can't remember seeing him head the ball. Just hope he doesn't fade like so many other new signings who start well.

I can't be as keen on Shaq as many on this board. He spends far too much time with his back to a defender and just falls over. In the Maidstone game the ref had enough and booked him for diving (outside the box). Because he plays with his back to the goal there's no forward movement.

Walker has plenty of pace and strength and made a couple of good runs yesterday and got in crosses. He needs to practice his shooting though.
He did win a couple of headers that he flicked on or directed to a team-mate, so he does look to have reasonable ability in the air.
JWTBee

All in all a promising debut! Not sure who his best partner might be but I guess that we should start with him & Tarpey up top.
I love Luisma & really miss his skils!
hoppy

I'm a bit surprised Mo is still with us, but he is.
He's found the net in a couple of the low key friendlies so in view of the lack of a new striker I hope DC selects him to start tomorrow at St Albans. If his fitness has improved over the summer he could be a first team option, albeit on the bench.
ETBee

He should have come on for the last 10 minutes against Arsenal to see whether he's any good against an organised defence. With the number of crosses we were getting in it would have been a good test. It proves nothing playing him against the likes of Chesham.
hoppy

With his month's loan to Hemel coming to an end a decision needs to be made about Mo.
Is he still part of our long-term plans or is he surplus to requirements?
Personally, I would put him on the subs bench tomorrow and/or Tuesday, give him 15/20 minutes to "prove" himself. If he does well, great. If not we should cut our losses.
jerroll

hoppy wrote:With his month's loan to Hemel coming to an end a decision needs to be made about Mo.
Is he still part of our long-term plans or is he surplus to requirements?
Personally, I would put him on the subs bench tomorrow and/or Tuesday, give him 15/20 minutes to "prove" himself. If he does well, great. If not we should cut our losses.
If only it was that easy, he has a contract until June so unless someone is willing to take on his whole salary why would he agree to rip up his contract?
#Beebot

We've been trying to cut our losses on him since Still left.
BoingBoingDazzleArmy

And no sign of a loan extension at Hemel so i'm guessing they dont want him back

Was a unused sub in their last game