Sheffield Utd FA Cup Travel Thead

Anything and everything related to Barnet FC
becbee

Re: Sheffield Utd FA Cup Travel Thead

Heavens Sake, we have 3 home matches to buy Sheffield Utd tickets and save £2, that sounds ample opportunity to me. Or just pay on the day, as stated above the tickets are still cheap.
The other complaints have justification but that's no reason to lump this in with them.
Edd1

becbee wrote:Heavens Sake, we have 3 home matches to buy Sheffield Utd tickets and save £2, that sounds ample opportunity to me. Or just pay on the day, as stated above the tickets are still cheap.
The other complaints have justification but that's no reason to lump this in with them.
If everything was going swimingly at the club I would agree. It's only £2, there's multiple times to buy them etc. I totally agree.

But.... all is not well. There is a huge air of negativity about the club at the moment and among the fan base, partly caused by the actions of the club management itself. As I said right now the time is ripe to show some goodwill, even if that causes club staff aggravation.
wearebees

To be fair the club normally sell all tickets online, so how do we know it's not Sheffield United's fault? The tickets are on the way to the Club, so probably aren't e-tickets. Barnet even sell away tickets directly through e-tickets, so maybe Sheffield Utd should do that.
NoMagRyan

becbee wrote:I don't see a problem. We have a home fixture on Saturday, fans are going to be at The Hive anyway on Saturday for the Bath City fixture so can buy their tickets then. For those of us who aren't going to the Bath City fixture, then the cost saved by not paying for Saturday's match means we can afford to pay an extra £2 per ticket on the day.
The problem is that it isn't convenient for everyone. Not that I think the club has done this deliberately but it is annoying (in my case, I can only realistically buy my ticket after the Borehamwood game)
Gromit

rudebwoyben wrote:
Gromit wrote:We live (just outside) Sheffield and have been eagerly looking forward to the Sheff Utd game but the club are saying today that we can only buy tickets in person from the Hive in advance. It's not the discount that bothers me (I won't have the travel obvs) but I hate buying tickets on the day....what if we sell out?!
Why on earth won't the club sell over the phone for folk like me?!
Seeing that the maximum away fan allocation at Bramall Lane is 6,000 I don’t think you need to worry about it selling out!

:D Was worried we might! We'll get there early just to make sure we beat the queues!
OB1
Location: Formerly Block C Underhill - Now block E East stand The Hive

When we played at Old Trafford I bought tickets as soon as they went on sale. I ended up with the worst tickets right at the back. Has anyone bought tickets yet and does it look as if the same format is being used.
Prediction League Champion 2019/2020
jerroll

OB1 wrote:When we played at Old Trafford I bought tickets as soon as they went on sale. I ended up with the worst tickets right at the back. Has anyone bought tickets yet and does it look as if the same format is being used.
Row w so probably near the back!
OB1
Location: Formerly Block C Underhill - Now block E East stand The Hive

jerroll wrote:
OB1 wrote:When we played at Old Trafford I bought tickets as soon as they went on sale. I ended up with the worst tickets right at the back. Has anyone bought tickets yet and does it look as if the same format is being used.
Thanks John
Near the back is no good for those of us who prefer to sit rather than stand by their seats.
Prediction League Champion 2019/2020
jerroll

OB1 wrote:
jerroll wrote:
Thanks John
Near the back is no good for those of us who prefer to sit rather than stand by their seats.
Fair point Derek, I'm definitely a sitter rather than a stander too!
barnetpete

Based on the numbers we'll sell compared to the size of the block, surely we wont need to sit in the seats shown on the tickets?
Please consider donating, to help disadvantaged Children & Young People in Barnet, https://www.youngbarnetfoundation.org.uk/donate,
MCB

barnetpete wrote:Based on the numbers we'll sell compared to the size of the block, surely we wont need to sit in the seats shown on the tickets?
We assuming 'they' won't do an 'us' and force us into a tiny corner of the block?
cheshbee

Gromit wrote:
rudebwoyben wrote:
Gromit wrote:We live (just outside) Sheffield and have been eagerly looking forward to the Sheff Utd game but the club are saying today that we can only buy tickets in person from the Hive in advance. It's not the discount that bothers me (I won't have the travel obvs) but I hate buying tickets on the day....what if we sell out?!
Why on earth won't the club sell over the phone for folk like me?!
Seeing that the maximum away fan allocation at Bramall Lane is 6,000 I don’t think you need to worry about it selling out!

:D Was worried we might! We'll get there early just to make sure we beat the queues!
I live 40 mins from Sheffield. I phoned the ticket office, spoke to Benita and explained that I too could not attend in person. She and her colleague were so helpful, common sense prevails and I brought 2xtickets over the phone. They are mailing them out.
Give them a ring it shouldn't be any hassle.
FYI before I spoke to them I phoned Sheffield United ticket office. They stated that tickets could only be sold by Barnet and at this time they had no plans to sell away tickets on the day. Appreciate this will probably change.
letchbee94

barnetpete wrote:Based on the numbers we'll sell compared to the size of the block, surely we wont need to sit in the seats shown on the tickets?
You might get some fans that get funny though and want to seat in their allocated seat though?
gafferbee

By some quirk of fate we had a weekend away planned for 3rd round weekend... in Sheffield for a friend's 40th birthday. And by an even bigger coincidence the Sunday afternoon activity, starting at 2pm, is board games and other "entertainment" in a cafe about three streets away from Bramall Lane. So the non-footballing half of the family have someone to keep them occupied while the other two of us go to the match...

Couldn't have worked out better. Anfield can wait until next season.
Norfolk & Chance

Might get Liverpool in the 4th round.......