Darren Currie, our new (temporary) boss.

Anything and everything related to Barnet FC
natwilk

Re: Darren Currie, our new (temporary) boss.

No no no! No more MA! Hot Currie all the way!
... All we have to do is keep winning the next game ...
CambsBee

I may have misread the underlying message when Still was appointed but I always felt that the long term plan was for John to "steady" the ship, either get us promoted first time or set the club up to get promoted soon after and for Currie to take over, at some point. To me it was a good plan. Still knows us and the lower leagues, Currie has/is serving his apprenticeship under an experienced manager and is a fan favourite.

Whatever has happened this season, on the pitch especially, it appears that things have progressed quicker than anticipated with Still retiring and Currie being put it charge.

After yesterday, Darren's stock has rocketed. The team is playing good football, the fans are excited, can we make it to the play offs? Isn't this what was being planned, albeit changes happening sooner than expected?

Allen will always be linked to the club when he is out of a job. At the moment we don't need a "firefighter". We have a young manager who has done his apprenticeship, plays the football we want to see and will, hopefully, get the fans back and grow the fanbase. I don't think TK would change the feelgood factor around the club at the moment.

I for one, want to see Darren given the job. I think he has done a fantastic job so far and I am excited to come to the games I can get to with my son.

Let's hope Darren can keep the good times going
gafferbee

Where are these rumours coming from? I've seen it mentioned a couple of times now but what's the source?
hoppy wrote:There are rumours circulating that MA is returning to Barnet.
If there is no substance in these rumours then TK should dispel them forthwith.
It must be very unsettling to the players and staff of Barnet FC. Should MA return their jobs may be at risk.
It seems that the vast majority of Bees fans want DC to get the permanent appointment and, at the very least, he deserves some more games in charge to prove to everyone that he is the right man.
So, TK, please say something regarding DC's future as Barnet boss, even if it is just to confirm he remains the temporary boss until the end of the season.
hoppy

Apparently mentioned on national tv.
RichardM

gafferbee wrote:Where are these rumours coming from? I've seen it mentioned a couple of times now but what's the source?
hoppy wrote:There are rumours circulating that MA is returning to Barnet.
If there is no substance in these rumours then TK should dispel them forthwith.
It must be very unsettling to the players and staff of Barnet FC. Should MA return their jobs may be at risk.
It seems that the vast majority of Bees fans want DC to get the permanent appointment and, at the very least, he deserves some more games in charge to prove to everyone that he is the right man.
So, TK, please say something regarding DC's future as Barnet boss, even if it is just to confirm he remains the temporary boss until the end of the season.
Yesterday morning John Motson was on Talksport. He mentioned that Martin Allen was available and could get the job at Barnet for the sixth time but it was obviouly an observation and not a serious comment.
gafferbee

Ok, thanks RichardM - that does sound like guesswork rather than anything substantive.
MCB

I think it would be the most Barnet fans thing ever to re-sign MA.

For the first time ever the entire fanbase wants someone other than MA (normally it's 50/50!).

Club brings in MA thinking it will make the fans happy.... Currie gets given assistant manager role, and then quietly leaves at the end of the season as we finish mid table after playing the final 3rd of the season with a front three of Harrison, Weston & Muggleton...
Norfolk & Chance

Oh gawd !

I hope TK reads it and offers him a contract asap !
natwilk

No no no! Sign him now!
... All we have to do is keep winning the next game ...
selbybee

Yes sign him up. He has been a breath of fresh air playing exciting football and engaging with the fans.
MCB

Well if he does leave for a L1/L2 team, Stephen Constantine has just left his position with the Indian FA....
Beeznizz

Thought this may happen to be fair.
Just sign him on a permanent deal for a couple of years. People have said that it may be to early for DC to take the reigns, but I’ve seen such an upturn in the way the team now performs & the feel good factor amongst the squad, fans etc.. Its a no brainer!
DC is just the type of modern day manager we need! We may or not get to playoffs, but this season has the same tone of how Orient faired in their season last year after relegation! I think we’d make a real go of it with Darren Currie at the helm!
NO NO & I reiterate NO to any thought of MA coming back. He is now the Mourinho of the lower leagues. Outdated. Thanks, but no thanks! Time to move on!
ninestein

There needs to be a rousing endorsement from the fans at the next couple of games. Let TK know exactly how we feel about this. Even better if we do it on TV.
Barnet showing all the flair of Rupert-the-Bears trousers, but lots more style!
becbee

When was the last time that we were all united in our support of a single candidate? Just as we seem to be united in not wanting MA, just as no other names have been mentioned.
Is it even possible to place a bet on who will be Barnet's next manager or do the bookies see it as a one horse race?