Relegation Battle?

Anything and everything related to Barnet FC
BeesKnees99

Re: Relegation Battle?

pgbee wrote:But in March we'll get nothing out off Gateshead, Salford , Halifax (a) and Orient. Not safe yet.
Really? We could’ve easily beaten Gateshead earlier this season, Salford are on patchy form, Halifax are awful and Orient haven’t hit the heights of late.

Yes we are shite, but the teams in this league are beatable, and Barnet have surprised me a few times this season, especially away from home.
rudebwoyben

pgbee wrote:But in March we'll get nothing out off Gateshead, Salford , Halifax (a) and Orient. Not safe yet.
Salford are in dreadful form although they won today, we have a 100% record at Gateshead and there’s nothing to suggest that Halifax are formidable opposition. Why the extreme pessimism? We’re mediocre but not absolutely terrible.
BeesKnees99

rudebwoyben wrote:
Salford are in dreadful form although they won today, we have a 100% record at Gateshead and there’s nothing to suggest that Halifax are formidable opposition. Why the extreme pessimism? We’re mediocre but not absolutely terrible.
Thank you for literally paraphrasing my previous post! Ha.
pgbee

rudebwoyben wrote:
One man's pessimism is another man's realism. Not saying we won't get points elsewhere, just don't think it'll be at these games.
rudebwoyben

beesknees99 wrote:
rudebwoyben wrote:
Thank you for literally paraphrasing my previous post! Ha.
I’m at Ghana at the moment and the wi-fi was not that great, so that’s my excuse!
I should have brought a Barnet shirt along and I should tell anyone who cares that we made Andy Yiadom.
letchbee94

Relegation battle? Win our 5 games in hand and we are only 5 points behind 7th place :P
JWTBee

letchbee94 wrote:Relegation battle? Win our 5 games in hand and we are only 5 points behind 7th place :P
I will have some of whatever you have been drinking! :y: :y: :y:
I love Luisma & really miss his skils!
amberforever

After seeing DCs comments post Halifax, there can only be one thing worse than a team of weak quality and that’s if the team spirit has gone and the manager has despaired if them . I predict if we survive, and that’s a big if, it will be only just.
pokal02

Yes wehave 4 games in hand, but we have to play 4 of the top 5 which on our current performance level will yield zero points. On the other hand, Braintree (and Maidstone/Aldershot provided we don't lose to them) probably won't get 40 points. The other teams around us are all improving & will get 50+ points. Braintree - Havant is an important game for us Saturday, an away win there coupled with a Bees defeat and I will be seriously worried.
MCB

We'd need a serious downturn in form to go down.

In the points per game table the Bees are 14th.

Darren Currie is averaging 1 point a game. We should finish on 54 points.

49, 51, 49 are the points total from last 3 seasons to be 100% safe (relegated teams went down on 1 point less).

I mean, there's no chance we could go down on a record points total. Again. Surely :unsure:

Ignoring Gateshead, we then have a run of 3 home games vs:

6 points from this lot will go a long way towards safety.

Barnet v Halifax (12th)
Barnet v Hartlepool (14th)
Barnet v Harrogate T (6th)
pgbee

rudebwoyben wrote:
One down three to go......
hoofer2

MCB wrote:We'd need a serious downturn in form to go down.

In the points per game table the Bees are 14th.

Darren Currie is averaging 1 point a game. We should finish on 54 points.

49, 51, 49 are the points total from last 3 seasons to be 100% safe (relegated teams went down on 1 point less).

I mean, there's no chance we could go down on a record points total. Again. Surely :unsure:

Ignoring Gateshead, we then have a run of 3 home games vs:

6 points from this lot will go a long way towards safety.

Barnet v Halifax (12th)
Barnet v Hartlepool (14th)
Barnet v Harrogate T (6th)
The 3 Has (pronounced Hars)...let's hope we'll be laughing at the end of those game
talldarkslim

Braintree and Maidstone are gone and Aldershot and Havant are in big trouble. If current form continues the 4th relegation slot will have around 45 points. Our form is very erratic but despite this we should finish above 50 points by some margin.
hoppy

talldarkslim wrote:Braintree and Maidstone are gone and Aldershot and Havant are in big trouble. If current form continues the 4th relegation slot will have around 45 points. Our form is very erratic but despite this we should finish above 50 points by some margin.
Four wins from our remaining fourteen games will put us on 52 points.
If we can't win four from fourteen quite frankly we deserve to go down.
dawat

hoppy wrote:
talldarkslim wrote:Braintree and Maidstone are gone and Aldershot and Havant are in big trouble. If current form continues the 4th relegation slot will have around 45 points. Our form is very erratic but despite this we should finish above 50 points by some margin.
Four wins from our remaining fourteen games will put us on 52 points.
If we can't win four from fourteen quite frankly we deserve to go down.
Good comment! Our fate is well and truly in our own hands, there can be no acceptable excuses if we even get close to relegation by the season end!