Potters Bar (Away) The Rock The Poo Bar Thread

Anything and everything related to Barnet FC
Bee_Forever

Potters Bar (Away) The Rock The Poo Bar Thread

So.… Saturday sees the bees enter the FA Cup for the 2019/2020 season with a short trip up the road to EN6 to face Potters Bar Town.

There was much excitement at the draw and the opportunity to face a local team, who many Barnet fans have adopted as their second team, or even their first team following Barnet's move to the Hive.

The predicted sell out is yet to materialise but with a large crowd expected at the small ground it promises to be a good atmosphere and potentially a nice opportunity to catch up with former barnet regulars.

It's fair to say that recent performances have set a fairly low bar in terms of expectations with much of the team, bar Vilhete performing below expectations. The hope will be that with Jack back we will have better focus in midfield as opposed to Fonguck who seems to potter around.

In terms of team lineup, with poor weather around this is not a match to take an risks rushing players back for and it may be that poor weather conditions dictate a more direct approach. I would go:-

-----------------------Loach---------------------

-Alexander--Santos--Sweeney--Tutonda---

--Vilhete--J. Taylor--H. Taylor--Elito------

------------Pavey-----Walker------------------

Subs: Matrevics, Adams, Reynolds, Akinola, Mason-Clarke

Going to this one nice to only have a 5 minute journey from EN5 for a Bees game.

COYB's
letchbee94

Re: Potters Bar (Away) The Rock The Poo Bar Thread

As it is FA Cup do we get 7 subs?
#Beebot

letchbee94 wrote:As it is FA Cup do we get 7 subs?
Yes. There are 7 subs in the Trophy this year as well.
mcleod23

I'd give Santos a rest given he's had his strapping back on his knee recently. Same for Mauro.

Definitely start Pavey to hopefully get him a goal.
Bee_Forever

letchbee94 wrote:As it is FA Cup do we get 7 subs?
Good point chris! Add Fonguck and Vasilou to the bench!

Sent from my SM-G960F using Tapatalk
john dockers shorts

I'm struggling to recall a match I've seen Barnet play in similar to that of Saturday regarding the ground. I'm really looking forward to it and will be great for PB.

I remember going to the likes of Harlow and Willenhall many moons ago... but not in recent years I don't recall playing a team like PB
jerroll

john dockers shorts wrote:I'm struggling to recall a match I've seen Barnet play in similar to that of Saturday regarding the ground. I'm really looking forward to it and will be great for PB.

I remember going to the likes of Harlow and Willenhall many moons ago... but not in recent years I don't recall playing a team like PB
Probably Bracknell in 4q during the first coming of the Dog!
pokal02

When was the last time we lost to a team 2 levels below us (excluding County Cup)? Wembley FC in Trophy 1978 - and even that assumes that the Isthmian fed into the Southern League, which wasn't officially the case. Surely there must be a more recent one?
magiovinium_bee

Didn’t we lose at home to Tiverton Town in the FA Cup about 20 years ago? Not sure what level they were then, but we may have been League 2 and I don’t think they were step 1.
wearebees

I really hope not for PB's sake but any danger of a postponement if the rain keeps up?
hoofer2

Does anyone know if match will be available on BBC iPlayer catch-up or will is it only available as a live stream?

My attendance has been scuppered by it clashing with my son's birthday party :(
#Beebot

magiovinium_bee wrote:Didn’t we lose at home to Tiverton Town in the FA Cup about 20 years ago? Not sure what level they were then, but we may have been League 2 and I don’t think they were step 1.
It was 2002-03, we were an average Conference side and they were flying high in step 2 so not a huge shock at the time.
#Beebot

hoofer2 wrote:Does anyone know if match will be available on BBC iPlayer catch-up or will is it only available as a live stream?

Irlam v York from 2QR is still available so I would expect ours to stick around for a while.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/iplayer/episode/p ... -york-city
magiovinium_bee

#Beebot wrote:
hoofer2 wrote:Does anyone know if match will be available on BBC iPlayer catch-up or will is it only available as a live stream?

Irlam v York from 2QR is still available so I would expect ours to stick around for a while.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/iplayer/episode/p ... -york-city
Is it the case that the matches are available on iPlayer after the event, but in order to watch them live you need to be on the bbc sport website?
pokal02

magiovinium_bee wrote:Didn’t we lose at home to Tiverton Town in the FA Cup about 20 years ago? Not sure what level they were then, but we may have been League 2 and I don’t think they were step 1.
In 2002/03 there wasn't a Conf North & South so still only 1 step - so is it true that we've never lost to a team 2+ steps below since the pyraid was formed in 1979?