Halesown Town (Floodplain) The Hailsnowind Town Match Thread

Anything and everything related to Barnet FC
Bee_Forever

Halesown Town (Floodplain) The Hailsnowind Town Match Thread

So... Saturday sees Barnet's game against Halesowen Town get postponed at the Hive due to our flooded pitch.

Halesowen are riding high in Southern League Division 1 and are 2 points clear with 2 games in hand thanks to their unprecedented trophy run. They are also unbeaten in 10 so are to be taken seriously. They are rumoured to be bringing several hundred Yeltz with them on Saturday, so I hope if the game is called off that they get told early to save them a grim slog on the Motorways to get here.

Halesowen sits in the borough of Dudley (or Dudloi as it is called up there) and is only 6 miles from Bell End. After a rogue referee called off our game yesterday because he mistook himself for John Kettley, it will not be Barnet's first association with a bellend this week.

After Tony revealed himself as the foolish man who built his house upon the sand, the bees will be hoping that we are not flooded with complaints for another postponement. Social media has been awash with the usual clowns saying our club is dying (they don't even bother coming any more) but TK finally issuing a STATEMENT seems to have put some of the nonsense to rest. Club still has a lot to answer for, but at least the comms have stopped doing the equivalent of sticking a finger in the dyke.

In the extremely unlikely event that this game goes ahead, I am sure that Currie will go with his strongest team available. On this pitch I would go:-

--------------------------------Loach------------------------------

-----------Reynolds--------Santos----------Johnson------------

--Vilhete----------------------------------------------Tutonda---

--------------Dunne---------Eliton--------Sweeney--------------

-----------------------Walker----Akinola---------------------------

Subs: Azaze, Alexander, Fonguck, Sparkes(y), Hernandez, Edwards, Mason-Clark

Hoping against hope that this game goes ahead. If not then our fixture congestion will become an avalanche.

COYB's
Last edited by Bee_Forever on 26 Feb 2020, 19:27, edited 1 time in total.
jerroll

Re: Halesown Town (Floodplain) The Hail, Snow, Wind Match Th

Bee_Forever wrote:So... Saturday sees Barnet's game against Halesowen Town get postponed at the Hive due to our flooded pitch.

Halesowen are riding high in Southern League Division 1 and are 2 points clear with 2 games in hand thanks to their unprecedented trophy run. They are also unbeaten in 10 so are to be taken seriously. They are rumoured to be bringing several hundred Yeltz with them on Saturday, so I hope if the game is called off that they get told early to save them a grim slog on the Motorways to get here.

Halesowen sits in the borough of Dudley (or Dudloi as it is called up there) and is only 6 miles from Bell End. After a rogue referee called off our game yesterday because he mistook himself for John Kettley, it will not be Barnet's first association with a bellend this week.

After Tony revealed himself as the foolish man who built his house upon the sand, the bees will be hoping that we are not flooded with complaints for another postponement. Social media has been awash with the usual clowns saying our club is dying (they don't even bother coming any more) but TK finally issuing a STATEMENT seems to have put some of the nonsense to rest. Club still has a lot to answer for, but at least the comms have stopped doing the equivalent of sticking a finger in the dyke.

In the extremely unlikely event that this game goes ahead, I am sure that Currie will go with his strongest team available. On this pitch I would go:-

Hoping against hope that this game goes ahead. If not then our fixture congestion will become an avalanche.

COYB's
Surely Adams and McBurnie make bench ahead of Hernandez and Edwards? unless Adams is this rounds suspension!
Bee_Forever

jerroll wrote:
Bee_Forever wrote:So... Saturday sees Barnet's game against Halesowen Town get postponed at the Hive due to our flooded pitch.

COYB's
Surely Adams and McBurnie make bench ahead of Hernandez and Edwards? unless Adams is this rounds suspension!
Balls. Knew I had forgotten someone.

Sent from my SM-G960F using Tapatalk
barnetpete

From a selfish point of view hoping it gets rained off as i'm busy Saturday, but fear any more cancellations might see some folk self-combust (I know it's a shambles but some are nearing on heart failure based on their reactions) .
Please consider donating, to help disadvantaged Children & Young People in Barnet, https://www.youngbarnetfoundation.org.uk/donate,
jerroll

barnetpete wrote:From a selfish point of view hoping it gets rained off as i'm busy Saturday, but fear any more cancellations might see some folk self-combust (I know it's a shambles but some are nearing on heart failure based on their reactions) .
People are worried that we might have to play twice in a midweek - not ideal but players won't mind as they won't have to train much that week!
letchbee94

Re: Halesown Town (Floodplain) The Hailsnowind Town Match Th

Would be a pain yes but at least they would be games at the Hive so no need to take time off work (Though appreciate some may have to?) Just lots of coming straight from work to the Hive.
CambsBee

Would I be right in assuming that the terrace will not be open as it is not on the ticketing site. A shame as my son is desperate to stand on the there and it is only the two of us coming down.

I will take a punt on booking tickets as you can only book online until 1430 on Friday and Joshua is desperate to see the match

Keeping everything crossed :D
PBBee

It’s 14:30 Saturday you can buy online until
Andy HTFC

As you may be aware there are 8 coaches coming on Saturday. Should it be postponed the revised estimate is 6 canoes.
CambsBee

PBBee wrote:It’s 14:30 Saturday you can buy online until
I was never good with dates! :bash: thanks, that might save a lot of time claiming the money back if it is postponed as I wouldn't be able to get to the midweek game
Tuesds

CambsBee wrote:Would I be right in assuming that the terrace will not be open as it is not on the ticketing site.
From the article on the official website announcing the ticket details:

“This game will be segregated, with the Legends Stand and East Stand block B open to home fans.

Halesowen Town fans will be housed in blocks A/B/C of the North Stand.”

In other words, looks like you were right in assuming the terrace will be closed.

Here’s the article: https://www.barnetfc.com/news/2020/febr ... n-tickets/
pgbee

The closed terrace aka the Home End....
Masuka

Rain/snow all week and heavy rain all day Saturday.

This game is not going ahead.
Once a Bee ALWAYS a Bee
jerroll

Masuka wrote:Rain/snow all week and heavy rain all day Saturday.

This game is not going ahead.
Thanks Michael Fish
simples169

there was more chance last Tuesday nights game would get played than Saturday