League streaming

Anything and everything related to Barnet FC
letchbee94

League streaming

I guess details will be announced in next few days?
Roy57

Re: League streaming

Probably trying to work out what to charge once the club has it up and running. Totally on yesterday's performance against Dartford anything more than Dartford charged £5 then they will be lucky to sell much above 50. As if they charge as mentioned between £10-£15 then I am afraid I for one would not consider streaming until performances improve massively. Which they will in time. Once fitness improves. Getting used to each other and hopefully better additions are made.
Norfolk & Chance

If it's a tenner I'll stream every game, as painful as it might be, and watch the team hopefully improve whilst getting the club a little income.
Anthony

I streamed a few of the away games when we were in the FL using a VPN.

It was a fairly soulless experience (and that was with a crowd), and actually was quite inconvenient as I had to be in the house for 3pm on a Saturday.

Part of going to the football is about heading to the pub, seeing friends, having a chat, even seeing the floodlights in the distance as you approach the ground. You get none of that when streaming.

I’d be surprised if, after costs, we make any more than a nominal profit.
Norfolk & Chance

I doubt anyone would positively compare streaming to the real thing in any way shape or form.
Its shit.
But the choice appears to be streaming or nothing whilst this virus is here.
You pay your money, you take your choice.
John Hunt

It would be nice to have the option. A few years ago video calling was in its infancy. Now we can keep in touch with others face to face if not in person. If it is streaming or nothing then so be it. Bring it on.

Get Steve Percy in as a pundit. Have a creative half time show using Zoom. Get the podcasters involved. Get interviews with old players. It could work better than we think.
FCBFCSA Manager / Former committee member of BFCSA and BFCSA1926
Tuesds

How about special pre-match features such as ‘Where’s Des’, which sees the presenter and pundits speculate as to where in the world Des Hamilton might be this week?

And a ‘red button’ option at half time of the image of someone’s back, to replicate the authentic matchday experience of waiting in the line for the snack bar.

As well as options to hear fake crowd noise or the noise from the pitch, how about audio of the guy from the Main Stand (I think) at Underhill whose unique-sounding cry of ‘Come On Barnet, Come On Barnet’ used to reverberate around the ground?
Sam_BFC

That same iconic cry has been heard at The Hive too, from the east stand perhaps.

Some nice ideas there hendon4bee, I’d pay £10 for something like that.
Norfolk & Chance

Commentary from loudmouth.
With a 10 second delay of course.
Mikel Bee

Make it 10 minutes just to be safe.
Norfolk & Chance

Good point, well made.
pgbee

Do we know if this happens, if BT are covering some games as last year or has that slipped through the cracks?
John Hunt

They’ve announced the live games already. Our first televised game is versus Borehamwood on New Years Day I seem to recall.
FCBFCSA Manager / Former committee member of BFCSA and BFCSA1926
ninestein

BT will be showing every team in the division at least once between now and the New Year. That's a decent commitment from them given the income both teams get for being shown.

As for the streaming, Saturday was the first time I've been through the experience. The process of buying the ticket was very quick. The image did stutter a bit at first but then settled down. The 2 commentators, although clearly thinking about Dartford first and foremost, were at least cheerful enough to listen to.

If we put together a similar package for our home games with pro-Barnet commentators, that would do for me. Just hope the camera we use is of good enough quality.
Barnet showing all the flair of Rupert-the-Bears trousers, but lots more style!
hoofer2

ninestein wrote:BT will be showing every team in the division at least once between now and the New Year. That's a decent commitment from them given the income both teams get for being shown.

As for the streaming, Saturday was the first time I've been through the experience. The process of buying the ticket was very quick. The image did stutter a bit at first but then settled down. The 2 commentators, although clearly thinking about Dartford first and foremost, were at least cheerful enough to listen to.

If we put together a similar package for our home games with pro-Barnet commentators, that would do for me. Just hope the camera we use is of good enough quality.
And there isn't a guy in a Jako jacket blocking one of the corner flags