Kings Lynn (Hive) The Match Thread Taking It to The Lynnets

Anything and everything related to Barnet FC
Bee_Forever

Kings Lynn (Hive) The Match Thread Taking It to The Lynnets

So…. Tuesday sees the Bees take on Kings Lynn Town in the Banananama League fixture which gives the bees a chance to bounce back after their dismal showing against Bromley.

It is important to remember that this squad was assembled on the cheap and has not had much of a pre-season with a lot of late signings, so there will be times when they look like what they are; complete strangers the sum of which is a pale imitation of previous great Barnet sides. What they need to show, and what I think angered Beadle, is some heart, guts and determination, this has been there most of the season but was oddly lacking on Saturday. I can only think that the loss of Preston, Richards and Hooper left us a little rudderless against a Bromley team who were well organised and with a clear idea of what they were trying to do, having played together previously.

Thankfully the laughable streaming platform spared us the first goal and every time there was a shot on target panned to a long distance view. It was almost like a horror film cut to a PG where the film creator cut to a long distance lens every time it got too gruesome (which to be fair was often). I felt that I had been on a hovercraft crossing the channel in a storm by the end of it. The lack of sound in the first half and the lack of commentary in the second were similarly annoying. Anyway, enough about that shambles on to the Kings Lynn Game.

Kings Lynn, like Barnet benefitted from the PPG calculation as their games in hand saw them come up. Without that then in likelihood there’s no Lynnets in the National League (no no, no no no no). That being said it is great to see them in our league and hopefully they will be able to establish themselves as it promises a fantastic away trip once the buffoon gets his act together with the Covid response.

In terms of team lineup, normally an absolute turkey of a performance like the Bromley game, would see multiple changes but when you look to the bench and see Pavey grazing on the edge of the pitch waiting for the donkey sanctuary to pick him up, there are precious few options. At this point Dobbin is so hopeless I think it is a waste even to have him on the bench. I would go:-

-----------------------------------Loach--------------------------------------
--McQueen-----------Preston--------Nugent-----------Connors-----
---------------------------Taylor--------Wordsworth----------------------
--Vasilou------------------------Fonguck------------------Petrasson-----
--------------------------------------Faal----------------------------------------
Subs: Azaze, Binnon-Williams, Mason-Clarke, McBurnie, Pascal

Despite my somewhat negative post, I will be tuning in on Tuesday hoping for a better stream and a better performance.
COYBS
rudebwoyben

Re: Kings Lynn (Hive) The Match Thread Taking It to The Lynn

I saw the first goal at the time and highlights(?) of the match are now upon the club’s website.
King’s Lynn have conceded 24 goals in their 8 league matches. We have to take advantage of that.
hoppy

Our referee this evening is Robert Whitton.
This will be his second National League match this season. The other match was Maidenhead 2 3 Kings Lynn.
beew

Strong line up
Attachments
EnC18jBWEAE4Qvn.png
EnC18jBWEAE4Qvn.png (399.03 KiB) Viewed 2978 times
Mikel Bee

There's video, there's sound, there's a score banner. Good start.
ETBee

Looks like our strongest line up. Good to see Hooper back - a few more shots from outside the box.

COYBs!
pletch99

ETBee wrote:Looks like our strongest line up. Good to see Hooper back - a few more shots from outside the box. COYBs!
Would definitely expect Walker to feature in our strongest line up.
king45bee

We have sound . Could get commentary as well good start

Sent from my moto g(7) power using Tapatalk
forensic_bloo

BBC Norfolk are covering the game - I THINK there will be commentary, but not 100% sure just yet.
Ron NASTY: "We're the only tribute band that play all our own songs"
Spike Milligan: "My father has a profound influence on me. He was a lunatic"
barnetboy1

I hope that's not the commentary on the tannoy.
talldarkslim

If we cannot beat this lot we need to give up. It is an embarrassment we are even playing kings lynn
jerroll

no gashman for them . Ryan Jarvis is the brother of former bee Rossi! looks like there regular forwards Marriott and Southwell are on bench!
rudebwoyben

We have commentary with Aaron and Adam!