Daggers (Hive) The Get Well Soon Aymen Match Thread

Anything and everything related to Barnet FC
Bee_Forever

Daggers (Hive) The Get Well Soon Aymen Match Thread

So.…. Saturday sees the bees take on the big spenders of Dagenham in another Bananarama League fixture (and no I am not tired with the Shirley Bassey puns and I never, never, never never will be!)

After Bassey and his battling band of Bees gave Sutton a run for their money, we return to Hive comforts against the diamond geezers from Dagenham. One of my favourite lines from Pride and Prejudice sums up pretty much how our NL relationship with Dagenham has been "For what do we live, but to make sport for our neighbours, and laugh at them in our turn". After signing Tyrannous Still and half the Dagenham team (sadly not the good half) we have faced them picking at the bones of our playoff team this season as Johnson, Reynolds, Adams, McCallum and Vilhete moved to the arse end of the district line to ply their trade.

The win at Dagenham seemed like the dawn of a new era for Beadle and his boys but little were we to know what was to come as 2 managers and one club legend tried to find some semblance of a squad among the ruins of our summer recruitment. For Dagenham they have overcome a disasterous start to the season as they failed to integrate their new signings to sit comfortably in mid-table.

While it is fair to say that Reynolds cared more about his barnet than Barnet FC during his time at the club, he stands Head and Shoulders above Mohsni and Nugent as the centre backs brought in to replace him and while we could never match the silly money Dagenham are paying McCallum it has been easy to Pantenne of his replacements up front. At least now we don't have to trudge home from the Hive if the worst happens, we can just Watch and Go.

In terms of team lineup it was gutting to see Aymen Azaze pick up a nasty head injury at Sutton. He has been a little erratic at times but showing real signs of ability as you would expect in a young keeper partnered with a confidence which belies his years. While we can Callan a replacement fairly easily I think it is time that the club brought back Loach to provide quality cover for him or got an experienced jobber to sit on the bench. If Jamie Stephens is fit this would be a good opportunity for him to get some experience under his belt.

Other than that I remain of the view that the McQueen experiment is not really working and with Mike Petrasso now fully fit it is time to go for a more attacking option on the wing. I am also not convinced that Harry Taylor in the advanced press/attacking midfielder role is the way to go at the Hive when we are struggling to create chances.

I would go:-

------------------------------Loach-----------------------------

--Vaughan--------Daly-------Preston--------Beard-----

--------Kefalas-------McQueen-----Taylor--------------

--Petrasso--------------------------------Mason-Clarke--

------------------Baker-Richardson------------------------

Subs: Callan , Richards-Everton, Adeloye, Skeffington, Vasilou

Looking forward to this one and I hope we will complete the double over the daggers. COYB's :y:
Last edited by Bee_Forever on 30 Apr 2021, 14:32, edited 1 time in total.
ETBee

Re: Daggers (Hive) The Get Well Soon Aymen Match Thread

At least Aymen will always have the last word......
jerroll

As the transfer deadline has passed we have 2 options only to cover Azaze's absense - an emergency loan if we can prove Loach is unfit otherwise it would be to take loach off of furlough
John Hunt

Or put Dave Anderson on the bench as cover...........

I bet Sumo could still do a job in an emergency.
FCBFCSA Manager / Former committee member of BFCSA and BFCSA1926
jerroll

hendon4bee wrote:Or put Dave Anderson on the bench as cover...........

I bet Sumo could still do a job in an emergency.
unless they were registered before the deadline you couldn't!
beew

jerroll wrote:As the transfer deadline has passed we have 2 options only to cover Azaze's absense - an emergency loan if we can prove Loach is unfit otherwise it would be to take loach off of furlough
The former.
letchbee94

Guess we need someone in even if it to be a sub if Bassey wants to give Callan a chance.
becbee

letchbee94 wrote:Guess we need someone in even if it to be a sub if Bassey wants to give Callan a chance.
Callan did very well in the circumstances yesterday but we can't expect him to play another 8 matches. Scott Loach has said he's fit again, just take him off furlough and bring him back.
PurleyBee

I see McCallum, Johnson and Mauro all started their last game, hopefully it's not a return of the ex, would have been nice to give the latter two a well deserved cheer for their service to us over the years, maybe next year.
John Hunt

becbee wrote:
letchbee94 wrote:Guess we need someone in even if it to be a sub if Bassey wants to give Callan a chance.
Callan did very well in the circumstances yesterday but we can't expect him to play another 8 matches. Scott Loach has said he's fit again, just take him off furlough and bring him back.
I think he should be given a run. We can’t go down. He did well v. Sutton. Why not keep faith in him?
FCBFCSA Manager / Former committee member of BFCSA and BFCSA1926
BeeinBristol

hendon4bee wrote:
becbee wrote:
I think he should be given a run. We can’t go down. He did well v. Sutton. Why not keep faith in him?
Agree with becbee we should bring Loach back & from what Jerrol says it is our only option if we want to name 2 keepers in the match day squad, following Loach's declaration. Also agree that 8 matches in a month is probably asking too much of Callan at this stage; Why not just alternate them for the remaining games.
barnet_pls

[tweet]Agree that Taylor can't be our offensive mid , but Skeffington should be starting as should petrasso. McQueens crossing is excellent - thought he's better as a mid than defender...[/tweet]
northantsbee

BeeinBristol wrote:
hendon4bee wrote:
becbee wrote:
Agree with becbee we should bring Loach back & from what Jerrol says it is our only option if we want to name 2 keepers in the match day squad, following Loach's declaration. Also agree that 8 matches in a month is probably asking too much of Callan at this stage; Why not just alternate them for the remaining games.
I'd be surprised if SB hadn't already scoured the market for possible GK's for next season. Circumstances may dictate he cannot sign any of them not, or get them in on an emergency loan . Jamie Stephens is available, it may be worth approaching him to see if he would be interested in a short term deal until the end of the season, providing he's fit of course
Going Indieground 7pm Tuesday, https://www.madwaspradio.com/
Ajtheone04

Callan did very well in the circumstances yesterday but we can't expect him to play another 8 matches. Scott Loach has said he's fit again, just take him off furlough and bring him back.[/quote]

I think he should be given a run. We can’t go down. He did well v. Sutton. Why not keep faith in him?[/quote]
Agree with becbee we should bring Loach back & from what Jerrol says it is our only option if we want to name 2 keepers in the match day squad, following Loach's declaration. Also agree that 8 matches in a month is probably asking too much of Callan at this stage; Why not just alternate them for the remaining games.[/quote]

I'd be surprised if SB hadn't already scoured the market for possible GK's for next season. Circumstances may dictate he cannot sign any of them not, or get them in on an emergency loan . Jamie Stephens is available, it may be worth approaching him to see if he would be interested in a short term deal until the end of the season, providing he's fit of course[/quote]
I remember posting about Stephens having said on twitter that he was back a long time ago. By the sounds of his recent tweets hes done with football for now.
jerroll

You can't sign free agents after the signing deadline!