Solihull shambles

Anything and everything related to Barnet FC
Stereotypical Barnet

Solihull shambles

Looks like the moors are being bullied by their COVID-mad local council and are likely to face severely restricted attendance caps and a total away fans ban.

Asides from the madness of this (surely they will take legal action what with blues and villa allowed capacity crowds only a few miles down the road) does anyone know if they’re likely to face action from the league? My understanding is that clubs are required to provide a % of capacity to the supporters of the away club, although I think this would be very harsh on the moors because it isn’t their fault, just some over zealous morons in blue or red rosettes on the local council. Also with the league being very clear about the TV blackout being back this year, this would leave supporters of teams visiting the Moors (including us next weekend) completely unable to follow the match.

Anyone have any idea on the above league rules and if they would be likely to face punishment?
ETBee

Re: Solihull shambles

To be honest I'm not interested in Solihull's problems, my brain can hardly cope with Barnet's troubles!
DerekRocholl

ETBee wrote:To be honest I'm not interested in Solihull's problems, my brain can hardly cope with Barnet's troubles!
If you wanted to go to watch Barnet play at Solihull on 28th August Solihull’s problems became your problem. £7.50 for a streaming ticket is your only option.
ETBee

DerekRocholl wrote:
ETBee wrote:To be honest I'm not interested in Solihull's problems, my brain can hardly cope with Barnet's troubles!
If you wanted to go to watch Barnet play at Solihull on 28th August Solihull’s problems became your problem. £7.50 for a streaming ticket is your only option.
Ah!
Stereotypical Barnet

ETBee wrote:
DerekRocholl wrote:
Ah!
As Derek said, we play them next week, only reason for my asking. Would be a bit of a pisstake if we miss the first awayday in 18 months over this
MCB

With their first home game being at home to Wrexham they stand to lose a fortune in away revenue.

I don't see Solihull being in the midst of a spike - does anyone know if their ground is particularly difficult to provide social distancing, or is entirely about the local council?
LeicesterBee

MCB wrote:With their first home game being at home to Wrexham they stand to lose a fortune in away revenue.

I don't see Solihull being in the midst of a spike - does anyone know if their ground is particularly difficult to provide social distancing, or is entirely about the local council?
No more so than any other NL ground. From memory, there are several ‘Colin Montgomerie’ style stands which could easily be used for social distancing. The main stand had a make over a couple of seasons ago and is a lot more ‘up to standard’ than the old one.

There is also the option of segregating away fans behind one of the goals so, overall, I don’t see the issue.

Without having checked their social media pages in detail, what’s stopping Bees fans getting tickets along with the home fans or are they restricting it to season ticket holders only? Last time I went, there was no segregation in place.
becbee

Don't think I could manage the nasal Brummie accent to pass as a home supporter!

Seriously though, this is so very annoying. I was looking forward to an away match at long last, even if it was Solihull ( journey not too far but nothing to do in the vicinity pre-match). Like many away fans, I'm double jabbed and would be happy enough to keep my distance from the home fans. As Leicesterbee says , it would be easy enough to do so.
becbee

They look as though they've not yet decided what to do about home fans either seeing as their tickets are sold as Category A / Category B - we don't appear on either list, although their other 21 opponents do!
MCB

becbee wrote:They look as though they've not yet decided what to do about home fans either seeing as their tickets are sold as Category A / Category B - we don't appear on either list, although their other 21 opponents do!
After last season, they are probably working out if we should be Cat Y or Z
PBBee

DerekRocholl wrote:
I thought streamings weren’t allowed this season (not yet anyway)?
jerroll

PBBee wrote:
DerekRocholl wrote:
That's what has been confirmed so far.
becbee

Just noticed that Solihull's fixture this Saturday has been changed and they are now home to Wrexham. So we can just wait and see what happens in that fixture. Looks like nothing decided as yet.
letchbee94

jerroll wrote:
PBBee wrote:
DerekRocholl wrote:
That's what has been confirmed so far.
I thought I read that games would be streamed if away fans was not allowed in?
Home Made Bread

As stated above by becbee, Solihull ticket prices are divided into Category A and Category B as listed below. An Adult on "Matchday" pays £16 for Category A, £12 for Category B. Concessions for 65+ or 18-24 "Matchday" are £12.50 for Category A, £9.00 for Category B. Further discounts for online purchases.

For the match on Saturday 28th August an away ticket for 65+ can be bought online for £4.

Which means the Bees must surely triumph in front of a massive "away" attendance, if anti-Covid restrictions are not applied.

Category A fixtures
Torquay United – Tuesday 14th September, 7:45pm
Southend United – Saturday 2nd October, 3pm
FC Halifax Town – Saturday 23rd October, 3pm
Yeovil Town – Saturday 30th October, 3pm
Chesterfield – Saturday 20th November, 3pm
Grimsby Town – Tuesday 23rd November, 7:45pm
Stockport County – Tuesday 28th December, 3pm
Notts County – Saturday 12th February, 3pm
Wrexham – Friday 15th April, 3pm
Aldershot Town – Saturday 23rd April, 3pm
Dagenham & Redbridge – Saturday 7th May, 3pm