Shots (Hive) The Tinker, Taylor, Soldiers, Hive Match Thread

Anything and everything related to Barnet FC
Bee_Forever

Shots (Hive) The Tinker, Taylor, Soldiers, Hive Match Thread

So.… Saturday night sees Dean Brennan's triumphant bees returning to the harrowed turf of Edgware for our latest Bananarama league fixture against Aldershot Town.

After Southam-Hales decided to take a Bruce Lee approach to Widdowson's knee cap and Stockport's pet ref sent off Thomas, we find ourselves once again painfully short of options at full back. But the spirit and guts of the team, as epitomised in Dean's post match interview does at least give us a solid base to build from.

Aldershot have their own difficulties sitting in the relegation zone just above the doomed Dover on 7 points, and they will be keen to get a win under their belts in front of the BT Cameras and TK's favourite commentator Adam Virgo. One of the few highlights of last season was Virgo going on a 2 minute evisceration of our benevolent chairman as we were getting thrashed. Otherwise I tend to find Virgo rather objectionable albeit his anti-Barnet bias was very entertaining that day.

I am looking forward to watching England vs Australia in the pub beforehand which should be a cracking game of Baseball/T20. No matter how hard Australia try to sandpaper over the cracks they are still something of an unknown quantity in this format so if England grab them by the balls and Smith does not bail them out it should be a hard fought contest.

Back to the football and with no full backs available, unless the Thomas suspension gets overturned, I don't think we have much choice but to play a fairly funky 3-5-2 formation as follows:-

--------------------------------------------Oxborough-----------------------------------------

-------------Wood--------------------Greenidge--------------Richards-Everton----

--Taylor----------------Brundle----Payne- Flanagan--------Fonguck------------

‐----------------------Bloomfield-----------Mason-Clarke-------------------------------

Subs: De Haviland, Granville, Tasdemir, Callan, marriott,

By my reckoning we have 8 Injured/unavailable if as suspected Payne was being rested midweek: Azaze (Loan), Turley (inj), Widdowson (assaulted), Doherty (inj), Thomas (susp), Beard (inj), Powell (inj), Hall (inj)

Let's hope our patched up team can carry on the fight from their performance at Stockport.

COYBs :Drink1:
Ajtheone04

Re: Shots (Hive) The Tinker, Taylor, Soldiers, Hive Match Th

Did I miss Azaze going back out on loan? Back to Beaconsfield?
PBBee

This screenshot should sum up the state of that tackle - the ban should be extended the scum bag. Ridiculous compared to Thomas receiving the same treatment on the night!

b4life

Looking at the current ticket situation, good to see our fans fully embracing the excellent ticket offers this week - NOT! Especially after such a great win on Tuesday. How many people on here who are planning to go tomorrow have not bought their ticket(s) yet?
Mark Whitelegg
Chair - BFCSA1926
Patel89

Doing this one on my own tomorrow
wearebees

Normally I'd be able to find friends who'd love a freebie but sadly it's proving harder tomorrow, not much notice (although commend the club on the offers) and Spurs on TV at the same time. Looks like Aldershot have sold 28 so far!
rudebwoyben

Ajtheone04 wrote:Did I miss Azaze going back out on loan? Back to Beaconsfield?
Yep, for another 3 months.
Tuesds

For some context, the attendance for our last Saturday teatime live TV game (with fans), vs Fylde, was 661.
becbee

Tuesds wrote:For some context, the attendance for our last Saturday teatime live TV game (with fans), vs Fylde, was 661.
Oh dear.
There again, all those streamed matches last season made me appreciate quite how there's no substitute for the real thing. I hope others think that way and get off their sofas and down to The Hive to get behind the team - they deserve our support.
DerekRocholl

b4life wrote:Looking at the current ticket situation, good to see our fans fully embracing the excellent ticket offers this week - NOT! Especially after such a great win on Tuesday. How many people on here who are planning to go tomorrow have not bought their ticket(s) yet?
I’m going tomorrow and haven’t bought tickets yet. I will be buying 2 tickets.

I”m not eligible for the ticket offers, but even if I was I can understand why take up will be limited. It takes time and persistence to promote offers of this type and it is highly unlikely that many people would be either aware of or interested in a one off promotion of this type at this time. The club needs to stick at it consistently, if they expect immediate results they will be disappointed.
Last edited by DerekRocholl on 29 Oct 2021, 11:20, edited 1 time in total.
Bee_Forever

Spurs versus Man United will kill off the chances of this game being well attended promotions or no.

If TK was more interested in improving the long term sustainability of attendances at the Hive than fighting a one off losing battle against el sackico so he does not get embarrassed on live TV I would have much more respect for his position.

Sent from my SM-G986B using Tapatalk
bzzzzz

Bee_Forever wrote:

By my reckoning we have 8 Injured/unavailable if as suspected Payne was being rested midweek: Azaze (Loan), Turley (inj), Widdowson (assaulted), Doherty (inj), Thomas (susp), Beard (inj), Powell (inj), Hall (inj)

Let's hope our patched up team can carry on the fight from their performance at Stockport.

Sesay. When he came back from international duty I thought he might miss a game or two, but they didn't suggest that the injury was serious. I didn't realise Hall was injured. That's annoying. DB seemed to be protecting him, taking him off after 60 Mins even when he was often a dangerous threat. Hopefully it's short term.
WillesdenBee

bzzzzz wrote:
Bee_Forever wrote:

Sesay. When he came back from international duty I thought he might miss a game or two, but they didn't suggest that the injury was serious. I didn't realise Hall was injured. That's annoying. DB seemed to be protecting him, taking him off after 60 Mins even when he was often a dangerous threat. Hopefully it's short term.
I think there could be bad news RE Sesay and his contract. Bit strange there has been no word about his injury and his 1 month extension has expired.
wearebees

If anyone wants my free ticket then pm me your email address and I'll send the barcode over. It's for Block E but am sure you'll find other seats!