Dorking Wanderers (Hive) The Match Thread Dorking 9 til Hive

Anything and everything related to Barnet FC
Bee_Forever

Dorking Wanderers (Hive) The Match Thread Dorking 9 til Hive

So..... Tuesday sees the bees returning to action after Saturday's game was postponed following the death of Her Majesty The Queen.

After losing to Aldershot the wheels seemed to be coming off our season faster than Trevor Sinclair's career hitting the skids. The enforced break will give Deano a chance to work on what went wrong and also to get some of our key players back. Hopefully Collinge and De Havilland will be fit enough at least for the bench and Powell will be fit enough to start and give Kabamba some help up front.

Dorking Wanders, fresh from promotion to the National League, will be keen to arrest their own mini slump of the last 3 games and get back to winning days. Their founder, owner and manager Marc White is an interesting character. Having previously supported Wimbledon FC before they became the franschise scum from up the M1, he has spent 23 years building up Dorking Wanderers from scratch to a National League Outfit. He will be hoping it is all white on the night and that the Wanderers don't blanc.

This will be a strange experience being the first game since the queen passed and I hope that the score boards will be fixed to help with the minute's silence, but I am not optimistic. I think there is more chance of TK ronning the London Marathan in a pink tutu. Still at least it will be a comfort for all of those fans who had to endure a whole 10 days without football...and will give those working during a period of national mourning a chance to see their team in action and pay tribute to our queen.

On to team news. Despite calling for it earlier in the season I don't think Smith in midfield works against weaker opposition so I would go:-

---------------------------Walker------------------------

--Wynter---------Ravon---------Okimo------Beard----

----------Pritchard------Gorman------Hall---------------

--Powell---------------Kabamba-------------Shields------

Subs: Callan, Smith, Collinge, De Havilland, Kanu,

Hoping but not expecting us to sign a triker tomorrow.

COYB's

Rest in peace your majesty.
BGr

Re: Dorking Wanderers (Hive) The Match Thread Dorking 9 til Hive

Dorking are without their top scorer and Talisman, Rutherford, who misses the rest of the season with a nasty injury. Terrible news for them as he had carried his goalscoring form up a division and started like a train. Great news on paper for us, as despite being high scorers themselves, Dorking have also tended to concede loads this season, so hopefully their defence remains leaky and their attack is blunted by the injury
talldarkslim

They are conceding nearly 3 goals a game so we must be looking for an emphatic win
hoppy

talldarkslim wrote: 12 Sep 2022, 11:50 They are conceding nearly 3 goals a game so we must be looking for an emphatic win
I will be more than happy with an unemphatic win.
Let’s take nothing for granted and let’s not under-estimate any of our opponents.
becbee

hoppy wrote: 12 Sep 2022, 11:57
talldarkslim wrote: 12 Sep 2022, 11:50 They are conceding nearly 3 goals a game so we must be looking for an emphatic win
I will be more than happy with an unemphatic win.
Let’s take nothing for granted and let’s not under-estimate any of our opponents.
I think some assumed that Aldershot would be easy and look what happened there. Let's not make the same mistake again.
And whilst Dorking have been conceding goals, they are the joint highest scorers outside the top and play off places.
KneesBees99

What correlation is there between the score board and a minute silence? The scoreboard is an over-discussed, irrelevant luxury
John Hunt

Spodothebee wrote: 12 Sep 2022, 13:38 What correlation is there between the score board and a minute silence? The scoreboard is an over-discussed, irrelevant luxury
To display a nice picture or message i suspect.
FCBFCSA Manager / Former committee member of BFCSA and BFCSA1926
john dockers shorts

Or give people something to have a pointless bitch over.....
becbee

John Hunt wrote: 12 Sep 2022, 14:16
Spodothebee wrote: 12 Sep 2022, 13:38 What correlation is there between the score board and a minute silence? The scoreboard is an over-discussed, irrelevant luxury
I'd disagree that there was anything luxurious about having a functional score board or two at a football ground. And yes, it would certainly add to the sense of occasion if there was actually a picture of the Queen up there tomorrow evening. However I doubt that it'll happen.
John Hunt

becbee wrote: 12 Sep 2022, 14:50
John Hunt wrote: 12 Sep 2022, 14:16
I'd disagree that there was anything luxurious about having a functional score board or two at a football ground. And yes, it would certainly add to the sense of occasion if there was actually a picture of the Queen up there tomorrow evening. However I doubt that it'll happen.
We don't need a scoreboard to do that. I seem to recall the new Buzz squad and their photographic tributes to Jake Hyde on the terrace behind the goal.

I am sure Village will have a fitting and appropriate flag tribute to Her Majesty and His Majesty.
FCBFCSA Manager / Former committee member of BFCSA and BFCSA1926
DerekRocholl

john dockers shorts wrote: 12 Sep 2022, 14:34 Or give people something to have a pointless bitch over.....
Just to help you out….

I’m amazed the authorities are allowing football supporters to meet in public at this sensitive time. Do we all have to gag ourselves in order to obtain entry ? If not, and given that the CofE have banned ordinary people’s funerals next Monday, I guess we ought to consider ourselves lucky.
Mikel Bee

DerekRocholl wrote:
john dockers shorts wrote: 12 Sep 2022, 14:34 Or give people something to have a pointless bitch over.....
Just to help you out….

I’m amazed the authorities are allowing football supporters to meet in public at this sensitive time. Do we all have to gag ourselves in order to obtain entry ? If not, and given that the CofE have banned ordinary people’s funerals next Monday, I guess we ought to consider ourselves lucky.
I see football matches are being cancelled again this week. It makes no sense.
Bee_Forever

Met Police getting pulled off stadium duty to manage the mourners at Buckingham Palace?

Sent from my SM-G986B using Tapatalk

Bee_Forever

john dockers shorts wrote:Or give people something to have a pointless bitch over.....
When we were applauding the life of Robin Goldman in the 52nd minute we had to rely on people putting timers on their phones and then clapping when it got there.

If you can't manage a scoreboard a simple version in the corner will do.

DerekRocholl

Bee_Forever wrote: 12 Sep 2022, 17:45 Met Police getting pulled off stadium duty to manage the mourners at Buckingham Palace?

Chelsea v Liverpool on Sunday (perhaps)
Brighton v Palace on Saturday (unlikely)
Man Utd v Leeds on Sunday (very doubtful)

More likely that they don’t trust these matches not to result in bad publicity.