Torquay (Away) The Worst Flat Yew Match Thread

Anything and everything related to Barnet FC
Bee_Forever

Torquay (Away) The Worst Flat Yew Match Thread

So..... Saturday sees the bees continuing their FA Trophy campaign away to the Gulls.

After another hard fought win at Halifax confidence is riding high in the bees camp and the Trophy gives us a chance to pursue another route to Wembley against a Torquay side who have struggled so far this season. Their recent points haul of 7 from 15 is not too bad so it looks like they are starting to poke their heads above water again.

John Cleese has announced that he will be bringing back Fawlty Towers after 40 years. The sitcom was famously based in Torquay and while it would be fawlty to expect it will be as good as the original it will be nice to see the hills of Torquay sybillant with the sound of laughter. In general terms I don't know the manuel but I think revisiting classics is sometimes a bit of a risk so fair play to Cleese for attempting this.

In terms of team lineup I think we need to rest a few weary limbs so I would suggest the following:-

--------------------------------Walker-------------------------------

--------Wynter---------Collinge--------Diarra---------Beard------

-----------------Armstrong--------Woods---------Hall--------------

-------Flanagan----------------Smith-----------------------Moyo----

Subs: Okimo, Pritchard, Gorman, Kabamba, Kanu

I am doing this one on the Percy Bus hoping we can progress

COYBS :Drink1:
john dockers shorts

Re: Torquay (Away) The Worst Flat Yew Match Thread

Someone doesn't want to go to Wembley 😄
WillesdenBee

john dockers shorts wrote: 08 Feb 2023, 17:44 Someone doesn't want to go to Wembley 😄
Players aren't robots either.
becbee

In an ideal world we'd rest half the team and win anyway. Personally I think the players health and wellbeing is the most important thing here and DB should be guided by that in his team selection.
Roy57

For me it's all about getting to see my club play at wembley, but the prize money for winning this Saturday will be £6000. Then to win the Quarter final would be £7500. Then winners of semi final receive £15000, and to actually win the final the winners receive £60,000. So total prize money from earlier rounds and if we were to win the final the total prize money would be £111,200. Which would be a huge added incentive.
11bee717

The likes of Moyo, Hall, Flanagan, Woods who haven’t had as many mind recently would start for many NL teams anyway.
john dockers shorts

becbee wrote: 08 Feb 2023, 18:13 In an ideal world we'd rest half the team and win anyway. Personally I think the players health and wellbeing is the most important thing here and DB should be guided by that in his team selection.
I say flog em till they drop...
Chainsaw

john dockers shorts wrote: 08 Feb 2023, 19:08
becbee wrote: 08 Feb 2023, 18:13 In an ideal world we'd rest half the team and win anyway. Personally I think the players health and wellbeing is the most important thing here and DB should be guided by that in his team selection.
Easy JDS. I'm happy with whatever DB and his coaching staff decide to do. They haven't done too bad up until now.
Tuesds

Seven subs in the Trophy, isn’t it? If so we’ll surely have a sub keeper.
becbee

Roy57 wrote: 08 Feb 2023, 18:27 For me it's all about getting to see my club play at wembley, but the prize money for winning this Saturday will be £6000. Then to win the Quarter final would be £7500. Then winners of semi final receive £15000, and to actually win the final the winners receive £60,000. So total prize money from earlier rounds and if we were to win the final the total prize money would be £111,200. Which would be a huge added incentive.
The FA Cup is financially worthwhile, we made over £50,000 in prize money this season. The FA Trophy is only really financially worthwhile for the finalists.
becbee

john dockers shorts wrote: 08 Feb 2023, 19:08
I'll report you to the RSPCF ( like the RSPCA but for footballers).
John Hunt

If we must i'd rather rest the players for the league match or even Notts County.

I think we should have enough in us if we drop points to qualify for the play-offs but a cup final would be very much a wow so we should go all guns blazing to get there.

We are after all the top ranked side in the competition.
FCBFCSA Manager / Former committee member of BFCSA and BFCSA1926
becbee

We certainly should have enough points to qualify for the P.O.s but as Chesterfield are showing at the moment with their 3 successive defeats, nothing can be taken for granted.

IMO the FAT is a one off match whereas Notts Co away could be a massive confidence booster for the club.

And even if we do beat Torquay, that doesn't necessarily mean we'll get to Wembley. Remember 2020 quarter final v Halesowen?
Lord Bee

Surely if some players are exhausted they need to be rested now, not in a weeks time. Otherwise they might get injured which would make things a lot worse for everything
Bee_Forever

Moyo, Armstrong, Hall, Flanagan and Diarra are hardly pub players they are all decent National League level players and more importantly they will be fitter than the players they are replacing who looked dead on their feet on Tuesday.

We have to manage our squad a bit given we have 16 professional footballers and whatever Azaze is fit and available. When Loza and Powell return it will look better but we are looking very thin in defence and with Okimo being no spring chicken and Beards fitness and form being iffy we have to be pragmatic.

To many players in the red zone at the moment.

If we can have 7 subs then I guess Azaze and either Powell if fit (don't laugh) or one of the youngsters for experience.

Sent from my SM-G986B using Tapatalk