Adebola Oluwo signs for Barnet

Anything and everything related to Barnet FC
BeeSwede

Adebola Oluwo signs for Barnet

I prefer signings have their own threads so we can discuss them and also go back to this thread in 10 years when he plays in the Premier League.

Adebola Oluwo, 23 year old CB from Chelmsford. From Bromley’s youth team, had a year off concentrating on his studies. Then signed for Fisher FC and Chelmsford.

Highly highly praised by Chelmsford fans on social media. They say he would have played in League One if it wasn’t for an injury this season.

Sounds like a great clever guy on and off the pitch. A trademark Brennan signing.
Modernist

Re: Adebola Oluwo signs for Barnet

By all accounts sounds like a really positive signing.
DerekRocholl

BeeSwede wrote: 20 May 2023, 19:46 I prefer signings have their own threads so we can discuss them and also go back to this thread in 10 years when he plays in the Premier League.

Adebola Oluwo, 23 year old CB from Chelmsford. From Bromley’s youth team, had a year off concentrating on his studies. Then signed for Fisher FC and Chelmsford.

Highly highly praised by Chelmsford fans on social media. They say he would have played in League One if it wasn’t for an injury this season.

Sounds like a great clever guy on and off the pitch. A trademark Brennan signing.
It’s very encouraging to see a signing made so early into the close season. If he has been able to convince TK to pay the extra wages it suggests DB has been able to set out a strong case for not missing out.
Last edited by DerekRocholl on 22 May 2023, 07:54, edited 1 time in total.
BarnetJim

Very positive write up. Will bring a good balance in that area of experience and youth. Hopefully see a few more signings in the coming weeks, its great to see us get an early addition and not all last minute signings. Brennan knows what he's doing, already csnt wait for next season!
letchbee94

Look forward to seeing him play, Welcome Adebola.
hoppy

This lad has done really well in his first few games in the NL. He is not the finished article yet but he is still young.
Very, very occasionally a brave manager attempts to convert a centre back into a forward. Could Ade do that role? He is fast, a great header of the ball and has scored two goals so far in his seven league games.
At the very least, if we are chasing the game, it could be worth pushing him up front to partner Kabamba or Stead..
Just a thought.
Roy57

That's funny as after seeing his goal against the wood I thought the same thing, the height he got in the first place you would think he had to of used another player to gain leverage, but NO, and the power in the header WOW, it gets better every time you watch it, and as said he has pace that would frighten defenders, but he is so commanding as centre half and keeping out Potter who when we managed to get him for another season long loan who many thought and was a major coup. But agree if needing a goal it is not the worst idea I have seen and would be a option.
hoppy

Three league goals now for Adebola. He scored the opener in our 3 2 win over Hartlepool, the only goal in our win at Boreham Wood and now the winning goal against Southend. Very valuable goals.

He was brought in as a defender and, at 24 years of age, he is still learning his craft in the NL.
I think he will prove to be one of Mr Brennan’s shrewdest of signings and I would not be at all surprised if offers come in for him in the January Transfer Window.

Like all players he has been prone to the odd error but I would not be over-critical of him for that. He will learn from these very occasional mistakes.

If we can hold on to him I am convinced we will see the best of him next season and beyond.
becbee

His goal v Hartlepool was just a toe pock home ( he was in the right place though) but his goal at Borehamwood and yesterday were both very good headers which secured fairly late wins.

It seemed like he returned from injury before he was ready but he's fine now.

I recall the Chelmsford manager saying he'd have left them earlier than he did had it not been for a bad injury which curtailed his season.
ninestein

Would be surprised to see him leave in January. As good as he's been, his injuries over the past months might mean scouts will rather "keep tabs" for a little bit longer.

Kenny Jackett potentially scouting either Kanu or Collinge on Saturday. One was out with a niggle, other only got 10 mins at the end. We could do with the squad staying intact over the next 31 days. Trouble is, when you're doing consistently well, your better players and manager will naturally come under the radar.

Would like to see Oluwo perform for a full season at NL level.
Barnet showing all the flair of Rupert-the-Bears trousers, but lots more style!
Beeboardwarrior

A nice article on him below. What a quality signing he has been!

https://www.vavel.com/en/football/2023/ ... eague.html
Roy57

Beeboardwarrior wrote: 02 Jan 2024, 14:26 A nice article on him below. What a quality signing he has been!

https://www.vavel.com/en/football/2023/ ... eague.html
Thanks for posting, a really enjoyable read.
talldarkslim

Agree with that thanks
BeesKnees99

I’m sure this was written by this forum’s very own AJtheone - well done mate.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Ajtheone04

BeesKnees99 wrote: 04 Jan 2024, 16:52 I’m sure this was written by this forum’s very own AJtheone - well done mate.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Whilst I do write about football and Barnet, this article isn't mine :D

I'm not sure if Aaron has an account here, but I would highly recommend following him on Twitter. Probably the most underrated Barnet content creator for me.