Altrincham (Hive) The Alt in Our Stars Match Thread

Anything and everything related to Barnet FC
Bee_Forever

Altrincham (Hive) The Alt in Our Stars Match Thread

So.... Saturday sees the bees returning to the Hive as we take on Altrincham in our latest Bananarama fixture.

After an unbeaten August, which included beating Promotion favourites Chesterfield, Altrincham came unstuck at home to Bromely and will be looking to bounce back quickly. One of the smaller clubs in the division Altrincham will be looking to feather their nest in the league after a solid season last year. The Robins will be hopeful of spreading their wings and finishing well above the likes of the magpies who are likely to be hopping hot footedly around the bottom of the league again.

Despite having a number of players linked with moves away such as Collinge, Kanu and Kabamba the Bees have managed to fend off the vultures and we go in to this game top of the league fresh off a convincing win against the Neighbourhoof Watch.

Hartigan's signing has created a bit of a congestion in midfield and it will be interesting to see if Kanu can force his way back in. We have also signed another defender. I must admit when I saw "Stevens Signed" I had hopes Matty Stevens was back but I am sure there is a good reason we have now signed a 6th centre back but only have one out and out striker on the books......

The match will, it is hoped, see a bumper attendance as the elite premier league footballers (and Kalvin Phillips) are on international duty, so those in search of their footie fix will be looking for a local game. I am glad that the club has reduced ticket prices to a fiver for higher division season ticket holders, this feels like a positive step in the right direction. A number of Gooners, Spurs fans and others hold the bees as their second team and will be keen to watch a league which is not financially doped (unless you count Eastleigh!)

In terms of team unless we have an injury I can't see why we would change a winning team so:-

--------------------------------Walker Texas Scapegoat-------------------------

-----------------------Collinge-----------Oluwinho----------Potter--------------

-----Wynter-------------------------Hartigan----------------------Coker----------

---------Gorman----------------------Brunt---------------------------Pritchard---

-----------------------------------------Kabamba------------------------------------

Subs: Happy, Stevens, Armstrong, Stead, Kanu

I am doing this one, looking forward, I hope, to another three point saturday and a bumper crowd.

COYBS
JWTBee

Re: Altrincham (Hive) The Alt in Our Stars Match Thread

You are surely NOT dropping Okimo!? Not even on the bench?
I love Luisma & really miss his skils!
amberforever

A real bogey side to us. Really need to buck the trend!
Coybs.
Bee_Forever

JWTBee wrote:You are surely NOT dropping Okimo!? Not even on the bench?
I am taking a guess it may be okimo who is injured but may be off base.
download.jpeg.jpg
download.jpeg.jpg (10.61 KiB) Viewed 2133 times
Sent from my SM-S916B using Tapatalk

Tickets

950 home
44 away
CrawleyBee

Tickets wrote: 08 Sep 2023, 12:52 950 home
44 away
Looked bit more on ticket site, a real shame, hope club don’t give up promoting
Formerly Watfordbee
Tickets

1008 home now
58 away
ETBee

The forecast for tomorrow around kick off time is bright sunshine and 32 degrees. Apart from the effect on the players how will those sitting on the unprotected east side cope? To sit in those conditions for 2 hours is dangerous. There are often very young children in that area and they would be paricularly vulnerable.
Lord Bee

ETBee wrote: 08 Sep 2023, 20:09 The forecast for tomorrow around kick off time is bright sunshine and 32 degrees. Apart from the effect on the players how will those sitting on the unprotected east side cope? To sit in those conditions for 2 hours is dangerous. There are often very young children in that area and they would be paricularly vulnerable.
Previously they’ve let people move to Legends when it gets too hot
becbee

Wimbledon have announced that due to the expected high temperatures fans will be allowed to bring water in clear bottles to their match this afternoon. Maybe something all clubs could copy?
CrawleyBee

becbee wrote: 09 Sep 2023, 08:07 Wimbledon have announced that due to the expected high temperatures fans will be allowed to bring water in clear bottles to their match this afternoon. Maybe something all clubs could copy?
Could you not do that anyway?
Formerly Watfordbee
becbee

CrawleyBee wrote: 09 Sep 2023, 08:36
becbee wrote: 09 Sep 2023, 08:07 Wimbledon have announced that due to the expected high temperatures fans will be allowed to bring water in clear bottles to their match this afternoon. Maybe something all clubs could copy?
Not with a lid on.
thebeekeeper

becbee wrote: 09 Sep 2023, 08:49
Not with a lid on.
Barnet have never been concerned by this in my experience, or any other club around our level. But as you say, Premier League clubs in particular seem to take the lids off. I know it's to stop people throwing full bottles, but I do find it very irritating.
CrawleyBee

thebeekeeper wrote: 09 Sep 2023, 08:51
becbee wrote: 09 Sep 2023, 08:49
Not with a lid on.
Barnet have never been concerned by this in my experience, or any other club around our level. But as you say, Premier League clubs in particular seem to take the lids off. I know it's to stop people throwing full bottles, but I do find it very irritating.
I think only Bromley got weird when I tried to bring my bottle in.
Formerly Watfordbee
hoppy

Today’s referee is Stephen Parkinson…he likes to dish out cards!