Aldershot (Hive) The Just Cause You Raise The Bets and Aldershot Thread

Anything and everything related to Barnet FC
Bee_Forever

Aldershot (Hive) The Just Cause You Raise The Bets and Aldershot Thread

So..... tomorrow we take on Aldershot Town in our latest Bananarama fixture.

After the demise of Aldershot Football Club in 1992, Aldershot Town FC took over their ground with a new club under a new name. In recent seasons they have circled the drain in the National League and arguably should now be renamed Struggling Aldershot Town FC given how often they seem to be battling at the bottom of the table. This season they are going ok and 8 points out of 15 sees them nestled securely in 14th.

Aldershot are also famously the Kryptonite of former Barnet manager Paul Fairclough as defeats to them have seen him off twice in his career he must hate playing them the same way TK hates holding votes. Thankfully the era of caretaker Paul is over as we look to a bright future under Deano.

After Ty Sinclair recalled memories of his namesake Scott Sinclair eviscerating us in the FA Cup it will be interesting to see how Deano approaches this one. I am tired of seeing Pritchard struggling out of position as a left sided player and surely it is time for Brennan to destroy the grip of House Stark on our right wing back berth and say "Wynter ain't coming"! It was a bad day at the office but it was a goal line clearance away from being a good result so I am not going to take the patented Moany Barnet approach and throw my toys out of the pram.

This is the team I would go with.

---------------------------------Walker--------------------------------

-----------------Collinge--------Oluwu--------Okimo---------------

--Hall-Johnson--------Pritchard----Hartigan---------Kanu-------

-------------Gorman-------------Kabamba----------Armstrong----

Subs: Coker, Stead, Brunt, Potter, Barratt

Last season we treated mediocre opposition at the Hive, on a Tuesday night, like Estonia treated Scotland in 1996, in that we never showed up. Hopefully this year with a stronger team and more options we can outmuscle them and push back towards the top.

COYBs :Drink1:

COYBS
Last edited by Bee_Forever on 18 Sep 2023, 11:10, edited 1 time in total.
becbee

Re: Aldershot (Hive) The Just Cause You Raise The Bets and Aldershot Thread

Please DB start with Hall-Johnson. 3 out of the last 4 matches Wynter has been replaced by Hall-Johnson, it effectively means we only have 2 subs available because we need the other for just changing the full back.

And yes, we certainly need 90 minutes of Kanu so unless he's not yet over his injury, it's a no brainer.
Ajtheone04

Beard is back as well, perhaps he'll be an option at lwb.
BeesKnees99

becbee wrote:Please DB start with Hall-Johnson. 3 out of the last 4 matches Wynter has been replaced by Hall-Johnson, it effectively means we only have 2 subs available because we need the other for just changing the full back.

And yes, we certainly need 90 minutes of Kanu so unless he's not yet over his injury, it's a no brainer.
Agreed. Want to see Armstrong given a proper runout too, and I genuinely think Pritchard should be benched.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Chainsaw

Brunt on the bench Bee_Forever! Thou Son of Satan!
hoppy

Jack Barham likely to be in Aldershot’s squad. He has scored 3 goals for them in 8 appearances this season.
Bee_Forever

Chainsaw wrote:Brunt on the bench Bee_Forever! Thou Son of Satan!
Oh dear yes I think my suggested team has kicked up a fair bit of dust!

The trouble with 5 at the back is it limits options in midfield.

A 4-4-2 team may be viewed more favourably

‐------------------------Walker---------------------------

-----Collinge----Oluwu---Okimo---Coker-----

-Armstrong---Hartigan--Brunt---Pritchard-

-------------------Kabamba---Kanu--------------------

Sent from my SM-S916B using Tapatalk

Roy57

I agree Zak Brunt should be on the bench, but probably tonight he might be given the space and time were he then looks class, but when he is closed down or marked he seems to struggle. This is worrying for me, as when we play too teams or physical sides he tends to go missing as Rochdale game. Also every game I see Dean chooses to not have a keeper on the bench part of me site holding my breath if Walker goes down and physio comes on, don't know why the National league have not increased subs to match premier and EFL clubs of seven subs.
Bee_Forever

Roy57 wrote:I agree Zak Brunt should be on the bench, but probably tonight he might be given the space and time were he then looks class, but when he is closed down or marked he seems to struggle. This is worrying for me, as when we play too teams or physical sides he tends to go missing as Rochdale game. Also every game I see Dean chooses to not have a keeper on the bench part of me site holding my breath if Walker goes down and physio comes on, don't know why the National league have not increased subs to match premier and EFL clubs of seven subs.
It is because it further widens the gap between the likes of Chesterfield and to be fair us who have enough of a squad to fill a bench and the smaller clubs who struggle to put out an 11 let alone 5 bench players when injury and suspension hits.

jerroll

Roy57 wrote: 19 Sep 2023, 11:16 I agree Zak Brunt should be on the bench, but probably tonight he might be given the space and time were he then looks class, but when he is closed down or marked he seems to struggle. This is worrying for me, as when we play too teams or physical sides he tends to go missing as Rochdale game. Also every game I see Dean chooses to not have a keeper on the bench part of me site holding my breath if Walker goes down and physio comes on, don't know why the National league have not increased subs to match premier and EFL clubs of seven subs.
The premier league has been 9 subs since 5 replacements were allowed as is the championship this season!
ETBee

With this wind can we hope to see the ball spend more time on the ground? Hope so.
becbee

Bee_Forever wrote: 19 Sep 2023, 11:25
Roy57 wrote:I agree Zak Brunt should be on the bench, but probably tonight he might be given the space and time were he then looks class, but when he is closed down or marked he seems to struggle. This is worrying for me, as when we play too teams or physical sides he tends to go missing as Rochdale game. Also every game I see Dean chooses to not have a keeper on the bench part of me site holding my breath if Walker goes down and physio comes on, don't know why the National league have not increased subs to match premier and EFL clubs of seven subs.
It is because it further widens the gap between the likes of Chesterfield and to be fair us who have enough of a squad to fill a bench and the smaller clubs who struggle to put out an 11 let alone 5 bench players when injury and suspension hits.

Apparently this was put to the vote at the NL AGM in 2022 , the vote was 15-9 in favour but failed to succeed because it needed 75% - ie 18 clubs to be in favour.

Only NL clubs voted because NLN/S clubs don't have 4th official so couldn't administer 5 subs.
Chainsaw

Roy57 wrote: 19 Sep 2023, 11:16 I agree Zak Brunt should be on the bench, but probably tonight he might be given the space and time were he then looks class, but when he is closed down or marked he seems to struggle. This is worrying for me, as when we play too teams or physical sides he tends to go missing as Rochdale game. Also every game I see Dean chooses to not have a keeper on the bench part of me site holding my breath if Walker goes down and physio comes on, don't know why the National league have not increased subs to match premier and EFL clubs of seven subs.
Regarding Zak I couldn't disagree more. His first touch and short passing are superb when under pressure. He doesn't go missing against the physical sides and gives as good as he gets.