Halifax (h) The Hive Got a Bank Space Match Thread

Anything and everything related to Barnet FC
Bee_Forever

Halifax (h) The Hive Got a Bank Space Match Thread

$o..... Saturday sees us taking on FC Halifax Town in our latest Bananarama League Fixture.

After a moderate start to the season Halifax sit in 10th with 5 points from their last 5 games. It should really have been 6 points but they came across Chesterfield''s late goal hijinxes this week. This result was as disappointing for the bees as it was for Halifax as we were banking on them giving us a little help. As Jerroll says we cannot rely on the bankers to bailey us out so we will have to just keep our own account healthy and hope the Spireites run out of credit at some point at the bank of good fortune.

Unlike with the Bank of England where interest rates remained the same this week, rates of interest in Brennan's bees are increasing as we sit comfortably with 5 Hive wins on the bounce. I just hope we can overcome a tricky opponent and do not lose more ground on Chesterfield. Losing our run would be as irritating as Howard and his jam jar glasses.

In terms of team lineup while I cheque my usual draught for accuracy I suspect we will return to something closer to our strongest team. The only conundrum is how to accomodate Pritchard and Kanu and make best use of them. I am tired of making these overdrawn puns so I will close my account on those and move to a suggested lineup.

-----------------------------------------Walker--------------------------------------

------------------------Collinge-------Oluwu---------Okimo----------------------

-----Hall-Johnson----------Hartigan------Pritchard------Coker-----------------

------------------------------------------Brunt---------------------------------------

------------------------------Kabamba--------Kanu----------------------------------

Subs: Potter, Armstrong, Stead, Wynter, Gorman

Not used: Gilmore, Senior, Stevens, Barratt

I am hoping to get to this one subject to a house move.

COYBs. :Drink1:
Roy57

Re: Halifax (Hive) The I've Got a Bank Space Match Thread

Really enjoy your match threads, agree with line up but after resting Gorman for last game wondering if he will replace Hartigan, Halifax are one of the better sides we will face and need to defend as unit and hopefully this won't be another slow start out of the blocks. As you rightly said we cannot allow Chesterfield to start pulling away.
rudebwoyben

Re: Halifax (h) The Hive Got a Bank Space Match Thread

I’m not so sure about this. Halifax are pretty good at defending, they are not so good at attacking.
foxy

That's a new excuse Cranners! You will be blaming the ULEZ zone next
Bee_Forever

foxy wrote:That's a new excuse Cranners! You will be blaming the ULEZ zone next
Why are you so worried about my attendance?

hoofer2

I'd like Senior to get a start on Saturday. I think he did well when he came on against the Shots and has good delivery in final 3rd.

Kanu's best position is marauding wingback. If Coker starts, Kanu can frustrate in final third and think Senior is a better finisher
WillesdenBee

Kanu at wing back is perfect for this type of game in my opinion. We’re playing a team that’s known for its better defence than its attack. We need as many attacking threats on the pitch as possible. Pritch had a much better game Tuesday so retains his spot for me. Will be interesting to see how we do against a team who play with a low block, we haven’t really had that so far this season apart from Borehamwood who were poor at it.
DerekRocholl

hoofer2 wrote: 21 Sep 2023, 17:44 I'd like Senior to get a start on Saturday. I think he did well when he came on against the Shots and has good delivery in final 3rd.

Kanu's best position is marauding wingback. If Coker starts, Kanu can frustrate in final third and think Senior is a better finisher
Kanu has scored 10 times in 38 appearances for Barnet, Senior has scored once in 16. What makes you think Senior is a better finisher ?
Tickets

900 Home
35 away
Roy57

Tickets sold is quite good, as we know on the day will be between 200-300 noticed
Boringwood v Rochdale there attendance inc away fans was only 911.
Tickets

1300 home
50 away
pauln50

Roy57 wrote: 22 Sep 2023, 17:35 Tickets sold is quite good, as we know on the day will be between 200-300 noticed
My elder brother John who introduced me to the Bees in 1964, went to that game. He lives near Wakefield and went using his free Rochdale season ticket for the over seventies
becbee

pauln50 wrote: 23 Sep 2023, 12:05
Roy57 wrote: 22 Sep 2023, 17:35 Tickets sold is quite good, as we know on the day will be between 200-300 noticed
My elder brother John who introduced me to the Bees in 1964, went to that game. He lives near Wakefield and went using his free Rochdale season ticket for the over seventies
How ridiculous, why should over seventies get a free season ticket? We seniors already get a discounted ticket.
Roy57

According to clubs Twitter account Coker comes in for Hall-Johnson, if this is right not sure why we are playing a left back on the right, Okimo comes in for Potter, and Gorman comes in for Armstrong.