Oxford City (a) The Irish Brogue Match Thread

Anything and everything related to Barnet FC
Bee_Forever

Oxford City (a) The Irish Brogue Match Thread

So.... Saturday sees Brennans Bruised Bees take the short trip up the A40 to take on Oxford City in our latest bananarama fixture.

After Solihull parked the Land Rover on Tuesday and we picked up further injuries to Hall-Johnson and Kabamba a local game against struggling opposition is a welcome relief.

Unfortunately the game will be played on a London based Manchester United fans surface again. While the Hoops are very proud of their relaid 3g surface it is like being proud of a slightly more firm stool after a day on the immodium. You can't polish it and you shouldn't play football on it either.

Oxford city sit in 21st having gained 4 points from the last 5 games with only the framers falling victim to them. This run has also seen them exit the cup at letchbee94 favourite team Scarborough (yes I know it's a different team).

While it would be nice to imagine we will run rings round the hoops the reality is with our threadbare squad and the surface it will be another scrap. City of dreaming spires, Eton messes and shoes oxford has much to recommend it. Sadly we are playing on the A40 in Marston which does not even have the eponymous brewery to recommend it. While this is something of an unin-spiring brogue fixture, masters of the art of ground hopping will be looking forward to ticking off another ground. I just hope we are not re-morse-ful come 5pm.

My team of the walking wounded.

--------------------------Walker---------------------------

------Gorman----Revan----Potter----Okimo---

------------Hartigan---Pritchard---Brunt----------

----------Armstrong--Stead---Kanu-----------------

Subs: Gilmore, Stevens, Junior, Barratt, Hooper

Doing this one by percy bus with a stop off nearby.

I just hope it's not a Thame performance

Coybs

Sent from my SM-S916B using Tapatalk

simmosenior

Re: Oxford City (a)

Oxford City's manager is Ross Jenkins who played five games for us on loan from Watford in 2013.
WillesdenBee

Re: Oxford City (a) The Irish Brogue Match Thread

Has Kanu had 5 yellows. Think someone mentioned it the other day?
jerroll

WillesdenBee wrote: 27 Oct 2023, 05:09 Has Kanu had 5 yellows. Think someone mentioned it the other day?
Think its 4 in league but according to press assoc Maidenhead only had 6 yellows so don't trust their stats used by soccerbase , might have got one v Aveley but that doesn't count against the league. Hartigan also on 4. 6 games until cut off when it moves to 10 yellows.
hoofer2

Is Wynter injured? If not a definite starter for me. Am wondering if Kanu and Gorman are two protected on 4G as need them for Chesterfield.
jerroll

hoofer2 wrote: 27 Oct 2023, 09:14 Is Wynter injured? If not a definite starter for me. Am wondering if Kanu and Gorman are two protected on 4G as need them for Chesterfield.
Dean Brennan said no one likely to be back by saturday in his interview post match on tuesday. agree re idris but can't think who else can play left wing back with Coker/Beard out. Dare i say it maybe Barratt!! or maybe Pritchard!
hoofer2

If Beard is fit then for me would come in for Kanu but DB not kean in him
jerroll

if getting a cab from oxford station remember to say oxford City not just football ground!
hoppy

Don’t forget, as I mentioned earlier, the roads to Oxford are likelier to be busier than usual as Oxford United play Wycombe Wanderers on Saturday, kick off also 3pm.
Bee_Forever

I have gone on Brennan's post match interview which indicated we have no new players and also lost Kabamba and Hall-Johnson

I suppose we could go with Senior and Kanu as wing backs but unless Senior is able to get his confidence back he is more a liability than a help.

While it would be funny to see our Lord and saviour Barratt lumber up and down the wing I agree that Pritchard is the better option although I don't like kanu at RWB

---------------------------Walker---------------------------

----------Revan-------Potter------Okimo------------

---Kanu-----Hartigan----Gorman---Pritchard---

---------Armstrong----Stead------Brunt--------------

For those travelling by train the ground is 2 miles out of town. Copyright reckless perfect for cabbing.

Sent from my SM-S916B using Tapatalk

Roy57

jerroll wrote: 27 Oct 2023, 09:27
hoofer2 wrote: 27 Oct 2023, 09:14 Is Wynter injured? If not a definite starter for me. Am wondering if Kanu and Gorman are two protected on 4G as need them for Chesterfield.
Dean Brennan said no one likely to be back by saturday in his interview post match on tuesday. agree re idris but can't think who else can play left wing back with Coker/Beard out. Dare i say it maybe Barratt!! or maybe Pritchard!
Was hoping for more info regarding injury front in pre match interview, but surprise there isn't one
jerroll

Roy57 wrote: 27 Oct 2023, 11:02
Was hoping for more info regarding injury front in pre match interview, but surprise there isn't one
normally posted after 5pm on a friday if there is one.
becbee

jerroll wrote: 27 Oct 2023, 10:47 if getting a cab from oxford station remember to say oxford City not just football ground!
Reminds me of many years ago when I was supporting Southport and our supporters coach driver tried to take us to Cambridge City rather than Cambridge United!
becbee

Roy57 wrote: 27 Oct 2023, 11:02
I doubt any club record pre Saturday match interviews before Friday morning training has wound up and the players have left/ are leaving.
PBBee

I expect Idris will be asked to play (and will want to) but he was held back from the plastic pitch at Aveley whilst nursing his niggles.