Chesterfield (A) The Chester Way I'm Fielding Match Thread

Anything and everything related to Barnet FC
rudebwoyben

Re: Chesterfield (A) The Chester Way I'm Fielding Match Thread

Whoever this guy is, he has a lot of issues in his life and should be permanently banned from all future Barnet matches. He really is not a true supporter.
antbfc

This all looks like it’s getting blown way out of proportion. Let’s just move on - sure this wouldn’t even be being discussed if we had won!
CrawleyBee

rudebwoyben wrote: 12 Nov 2023, 15:19 Whoever this guy is, he has a lot of issues in his life and should be permanently banned from all future Barnet matches. He really is not a true supporter.

Why? I agree it wasn’t nice to use the C word, but anger and frustration happens at games. Believe me I’ve done my fair share of embarrassing things at games, including swearing. Is it right ? Absolutely not, but emotions are high and we try learn from it and move on. Certain actions ofcourse (racism springs to mind) yeah a ban is necessary, but not for the above.

For what it’s worth I thought the stewards were heavy handed to away fans and let chesterfield fans get away with much more, admitted I didn’t see all that went on. After the game I encountered quite a bit of goading also; it’s very frustrating but can be part and parcel of a big game.

Think we all need to move on from yesterday.
Formerly Watfordbee
letchbee94

antbfc wrote: 12 Nov 2023, 15:26 This all looks like it’s getting blown way out of proportion. Let’s just move on - sure this wouldn’t even be being discussed if we had won!
I think even if we had won the coach being ruined probably would have been discussed.
It shame for the bfcsa that this has happaned and I hear they have been fined because of it (Not sure if this is true?)
letchbee94

Decent first and always felt we needed to score when on top.
Chesterfield was always going to up their game and they showed why they are top and when they did come out better second half they took thir chances.
A 4-0 defeat would have been harsh on us so it was good we got the 2 late goals to put a bit of respectabilty into the scoreline.

Just need to get back to winning ways again to cement plane in 2nd and to keep pressure on Chesterfield.
letchbee94

jamiefrbees wrote: 11 Nov 2023, 16:40 Title race over. Chesterfield's year
Long way to go yet.
letchbee94

becbee wrote: 11 Nov 2023, 17:38 What pathetic posts. Our players gave their all. It wasn't enough but that was no negative reflection on us. Chesterfield were simply too good for us for 45 minutes.
Any true Barnet fan should be proud of this team.

Incidentally on the way out we had Chesterfield fan saying we were the best team they'd played at home this season
Agree Becbee
BGr

CrawleyBee wrote: 12 Nov 2023, 16:09
rudebwoyben wrote: 12 Nov 2023, 15:19 Whoever this guy is, he has a lot of issues in his life and should be permanently banned from all future Barnet matches. He really is not a true supporter.

Why? I agree it wasn’t nice to use the C word, but anger and frustration happens at games. Believe me I’ve done my fair share of embarrassing things at games, including swearing. Is it right ? Absolutely not, but emotions are high and we try learn from it and move on. Certain actions ofcourse (racism springs to mind) yeah a ban is necessary, but not for the above.

For what it’s worth I thought the stewards were heavy handed to away fans and let chesterfield fans get away with much more, admitted I didn’t see all that went on. After the game I encountered quite a bit of goading also; it’s very frustrating but can be part and parcel of a big game.

Think we all need to move on from yesterday.

Lifetime ban, give me strength. Do you really think a supporter should be given a lifetime ban for anything short of physically assaulting a player or opposition fan? CrawleyBee much more balanced, the stewarding was poor and caused more problems than it solved, but the hand wringing on this site this morning you’d think the AB were Red Star Belgrade ultras, it is what it is, no one got hurt, 2 ejections from what I could see. Not a big deal.
rudebwoyben

Re: Chesterfield (A) The Chester Way I'm Fielding Match Thre

It seems like we’re discussing different things here. I was discussing a supporter’s foul mouth tirade at one of our players, not how the Chesterfield stewards acted (which was heavy-handed).
I’m sorry, I just think it’s totally unacceptable to act like that towards one of our players, especially considering the season we’ve had so far, the way we had played in the first half and the fact we were playing a top team. Would you find it acceptable if a customer/supplier/someone else acted like that towards you at work? I’ll admit that I was being harsh in suggesting a permanent ban for this guy but I don’t accept it as one of those things that you just have to let happen at a match. I’ve been unhappy with our team’s performance on many occasions over the years but I’ve never felt the need to verbally abuse them.
hoppy

To put Barnet’s great away following yesterday (664) the biggest following (according to DSH) that Chesterfield have ever brought to our ground(s) was last season when 640 Spirites travelled down.
Well done to all Bees who made the long journey.
DSM

Despite losing was an enjoyable occasion. Who would have thought 2 years ago in the midst of the Brundle, Payne, Doherty, Tasdemir era that 2 years on we’d be in a 1st v 2nd top of the table clash.

Whilst we got completely outplayed and outclassed in the 2nd half I take a lot of comfort from the fact that earlier this year we outplayed them in the 2nd half and won 3-0. They addressed their weaknesses and I’m sure DB will address ours. There is definitely work to do defensively against top opposition

In terms of previous comments I agree that the Hooper substitution was made too early and I completely don’t get the lack of game time for Gorman

Now let’s get 3 key points versus a rival for 2nd place.
becbee

BeesKnees99 wrote: 12 Nov 2023, 14:21
becbee wrote:Agreed we should have scored in the first half when we were on top. But the way Chesterfield played in the second half, I suspect they might have still won anyway. We will never know. Nevertheless, even during the match I felt that regardless of the result, we could feel proud of our team and look forward for the rest of the season.

We took 664 fans to Chesterfield, I suppose it's no surprise that a few louts latched on. I'm really disappointed to hear about the behaviour on the coach. I had hoped we'd run a coach to Newport and I'd planned on using it, I wouldn't now unless those people are banned. It sounds like yesterday was a horrible experience, no football match is worth suffering that for.

I also don't understand how they managed to get away with with drinking on the coach, it's illegal to take alcohol on a football coach, let alone drink it. If the driver had been aware he should have refused to drive as the coach firm could have lost their licence to run football coaches.

As for behaviour inside the ground, I don't know about the people who were ejected but this is about one who wasn't - towards the end, a man behind us screamed abuse at one of our players, including calling him the C word.
We were so impressed with 2 of our supporters who confronted him. His response to them was "I don't like him" and "I've travelled a long way".
Can I ask which player was getting this abuse?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
I'd prefer not to say, whoever it was aimed at, it was disgusting and uncalled for.
It had absolutely no connection with the stewarding issues which happened elsewhere.
Jimbokav1971

BeesKnees99 wrote: 12 Nov 2023, 14:21
becbee wrote:Agreed we should have scored in the first half when we were on top. But the way Chesterfield played in the second half, I suspect they might have still won anyway. We will never know. Nevertheless, even during the match I felt that regardless of the result, we could feel proud of our team and look forward for the rest of the season.

We took 664 fans to Chesterfield, I suppose it's no surprise that a few louts latched on. I'm really disappointed to hear about the behaviour on the coach. I had hoped we'd run a coach to Newport and I'd planned on using it, I wouldn't now unless those people are banned. It sounds like yesterday was a horrible experience, no football match is worth suffering that for.

I also don't understand how they managed to get away with with drinking on the coach, it's illegal to take alcohol on a football coach, let alone drink it. If the driver had been aware he should have refused to drive as the coach firm could have lost their licence to run football coaches.

As for behaviour inside the ground, I don't know about the people who were ejected but this is about one who wasn't - towards the end, a man behind us screamed abuse at one of our players, including calling him the C word.
We were so impressed with 2 of our supporters who confronted him. His response to them was "I don't like him" and "I've travelled a long way".
Can I ask which player was getting this abuse?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Adam Gross.
antbfc wrote:
"He owes everyone a naked run... His opinion is invalid"
BeeArmy22

I don’t see why it matters about whether the player is named or not. I was there when the incident happened and whilst I completely agree with the fans who confronted the guy about his comments about, there’s a much better way to go about the confrontation. A quiet ‘mate I really disagree with what you’re saying and it’ll affect the players so please keep those opinions to yourself’ would’ve been better in my opinion. Funnily enough while the confrontation was happening, said player did a lovely roulette through the legs of their defender and assisted the second goal ( I assume you all know who I’m talking about now)
Norfolkbee

Adam Gross? One Barnet player I'd make exceptions for. Probably the worst (regular-ish) player I've had the mis-fortune to watch in nearly 60 years as a Bees fan.