Wealdstone (a) The All Stations To Uxbridge Thread

Anything and everything related to Barnet FC
Bee_Forever

Wealdstone (a) The All Stations To Uxbridge Thread

So...... Saturda sees the bee takin on Wealdston FC in the banaram leagu at Grosveno Vale.

I will stop only completing 85% of my work now as that's Wealdstone's thing. Having played at Harrow for 70 years now at Ruislip and soon to be Hillingdon you can only imagine that they are looking to complete the Uxbridge branch of the metropolitan line. While many will ask Ruislip up against Gateshead after our good start I am not ready to Eastcote off the manager as he returns to his old (ruislip) Manor.

While we sit in second place (although to hear some of our fans you'd not think so) Wealdstone have had a fairly disappointing season sitting in 20th with 7 points from their last 5. Luckily for them there are 4 awful promoted teams who should take their place in relegation spots.

It is hoped with this being the third season we have played them it is to be hoped that the noise will have died down and we can focus on getting our promotion push back on track and all the messageboard Peps will be satisfied. That said with no fit right wing back I hope that Brennan will not become too wedded to his 3331 formation in the same way currie got obsessed with 4231. Funny enough doing a Currie is probably the best way to go.

-----------------------Walkerbout---------------------

----Cropper----Collinge---Okimo--Hokey---

-------Gorman--Hartigan--Pritchard----------

------Stead-------Kabamba----Kanu-------------

Subs: Ayres Rock, Hooper, Senior, Beard, The Brunt of keyboard warriors frustration

I am doing this one stopping at the Ruislip Manor spoons on route.

Hope we can arrest our run and get back to winning ways against the 85%ers.

Coybs

Sent from my SM-S916B using Tapatalk

EastBarnetFan

Re: Wealdstone (a) The All Stations To Uxbridge Thread

Can’t make this one but I hope the bees turn up in great numbers, make some noise and see us take home the three points.
jerroll

Bee_Forever wrote: 23 Nov 2023, 23:19 So...... Saturda sees the bee takin on Wealdston FC in the banaram leagu at Grosveno Vale.

I will stop only completing 85% of my work now as that's Wealdstone's thing. Having played at Harrow for 70 years now at Ruislip and soon to be Hillingdon you can only imagine that they are looking to complete the Uxbridge branch of the metropolitan line. While many will ask Ruislip up against Gateshead after our good start I am not ready to Eastcote off the manager as he returns to his old (ruislip) Manor.

While we sit in second place (although to hear some of our fans you'd not think so) Wealdstone have had a fairly disappointing season sitting in 20th with 7 points from their last 5. Luckily for them there are 4 awful promoted teams who should take their place in relegation spots.

It is hoped with this being the third season we have played them it is to be hoped that the noise will have died down and we can focus on getting our promotion push back on track and all the messageboard Peps will be satisfied. That said with no fit right wing back I hope that Brennan will not become too wedded to his 3331 formation in the same way currie got obsessed with 4231. Funny enough doing a Currie is probably the best way to go.

Subs: Ayres Rock, Hooper, Senior, Beard, The Brunt of keyboard warriors frustration

Coybs

Like that line up and formation a lot and pray we can get back on track tomorrow.
adher36

Anyone else feeling as though they can't be bothered? After all the players haven't been bothered for the last 225 minutes of football.
Bee_Forever

adher36 wrote:Anyone else feeling as though they can't be bothered? After all the players haven't been bothered for the last 225 minutes of football.
Not really. I support my team and the manager who got us to second place from second bottom.

11bee717

adher36 wrote: 24 Nov 2023, 09:27 Anyone else feeling as though they can't be bothered? After all the players haven't been bothered for the last 225 minutes of football.
How can you watch the last 3 games and it even cross your
mind that the players aren’t trying? Are you actually serious? Unreal
CrawleyBee

adher36 wrote: 24 Nov 2023, 09:27 Anyone else feeling as though they can't be bothered? After all the players haven't been bothered for the last 225 minutes of football.
Not at all. Every team has a sticky patch and we’re second in the league, maybe they need our support ?
Formerly Watfordbee
BeesKnees99

adher36 wrote:Anyone else feeling as though they can't be bothered? After all the players haven't been bothered for the last 225 minutes of football.
I haven’t seen a lack of effort, just a lack of confidence and tactical nous/flexibility.

We’ve shown how good we can be, as recently as the first half against Chesterfield. Makes it all the more frustrating that we’re not unlocking our full potential.

I’ll be there, for my sins, but I’m not feeling optimistic. They’ve won 21 of their 23 points at home. Four losses on the spin will be major cause for concern.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
ninestein

Watching the game on Wednesday night, It felt like there was plenty of tempo and endeavour to our play, sometimes too hurried, but once we got around the edge of the box, we lacked the final ball. Teams have worked out that if they defend the edge of their box well, we have to work it out wide to Kanu. Then they double up on him and it slows the delivery down giving the defence more time to re-set. Plenty of occasions where we do that, retain the ball and work it back into midfield. Sometimes I wish we'd just have a pop from distance.

Breaking a team down who defend in numbers is always a pain, but the best sides find the quality ball into the box which is a pain to defend against. Set pieces then become even more important. When you're up against a defensive team, a free-kick or a corner is a free hit to deliver quality service into the middle. On Wednesday, our set pieces were poor.

We had a little wobble last season in September where we seemed to leak goals for fun. Then DB found the formula and we went on that brilliant run which set the rest of our season up for the playoff push. Back the players and the manager, and they will do the same again. Chesterfield are going to be out of sight barring a major collapse on their part. But we still have 2nd and 3rd place all to play for, and a far more realistic chance of getting there compared to last season. It's frustrating at the moment because we've started so well and we don't want to see that hard work undone.

This game on Saturday has a bit of needle in it, and could be the perfect one for us to raise our game again. Would be nice to get back to winning ways, and then head into the cup competitions having stopped the rot.
Barnet showing all the flair of Rupert-the-Bears trousers, but lots more style!
Ajtheone04

Don't really get why so many people think that going to a back 4 will magically solve all of our problems, we just need to play a defender at wing-back and have Kanu on the other side
amberforever

Shouldn’t the thread title be: Nearly all the stations to Uxbridge.
☺️
Jimbokav1971

Bee_Forever wrote: 23 Nov 2023, 23:19Subs: Ayres Rock, Hooper, Senior, Beard, The Brunt of
I don't think we're likely to see Beard in a Barnet shirt again.

He's been placed on the transfer list. Sooner he gets a move the better for him.

Can maybe see him re-joining his Dad at Eastbourne, but I honestly think he's better than that. I wonder if he might make his way back to Dorking?
antbfc wrote:
"He owes everyone a naked run... His opinion is invalid"
pgbee

amberforever wrote: 24 Nov 2023, 12:16 Shouldn’t the thread title be: Nearly all the stations to Uxbridge.
☺️
Or 85% of the stations to Uxbridge.....
OB1
Location: Formerly Block C Underhill - Now block E East stand The Hive

Bee_Forever wrote: 23 Nov 2023, 23:19 So...... Saturda sees the bee takin on Wealdston FC in the banaram leagu at Grosveno Vale.

Coybs

You missed out their time in Watford
Prediction League Champion 2019/2020
Bee_Forever

OB1 wrote:

Coybs

You missed out their time in Watford
Oh dear. Forgot they branched out!

Sometimes artistic licence needed lol.

Not surprised about Beard. Maybe Winter if he is fit this week.